Berries| Pad Patter May 29th

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, May 29, 2023.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

So what's your favorite berry? I think I am partial to strawberries but I have started to like blueberries. And whipped cream makes all berries taste great, lol.

jk703 and umyesh like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Hmm...this is a tough one! I would have to say garden strawberries; they are so sweet!

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I like all berries but blueberries are the ones I eat the most but if I get raspberries I will eat them all in one sitting.

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

blackberries are my favourite, and they are best straight from the bushes.

5. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

forest bluberries.. not the gigantic ones you get from a store, but the smaller variety you pick yourself and they color your hands and mouth... strawberries are good when they are good, but I find they often taste like plastic..

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think I have to say Michigan strawberries that got to ripen on the plant. SO good!

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Strawberries. Got a quart at the grocery on Thursday and those berries were huge. Another lady was looking at them at the same time and she was lamenting that they were too big! I always slice mine and eat in a bowl with sugar so that wasn't a problem for me. I'm guessing she was wanting to make something that needed them whole.

I also like black raspberries but they are not easy to find. I haven't had those for years.

8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Strawberries ... sliced and sprinkled with sugar if I'm serving them at home. I often get them off the salad bar when I get my lunch, so then I eat them as a come ... sliced, no sugar.

9. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I love and often eat strawberries-- for some reason I have never liked the flavor of blueberries. I do like blackberries, but don't get them often as I forget to look for them.

10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

All of them! Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.

We used to go pick all the blackberries on my grandfathers property (he had a bunch of acres in New York Catskills but rented out many to farmers). We would them spend a weekend making blackberry jam. It was so yummy... but SO MESSY!!!

11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Mmm... I love ALL berries- but probably my most favorite are huckleberries! We are fortunate to live where they grow wild, but even still are crazy expensive to buy. We eat a lot of blueberries in general and love the triple berry frozen bag blend from costco for smoothies!

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oooh that's tough. I love pretty much all berries. I think I'd have to say blackberries are my favorite, followed by blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.

13. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I am a huge berry fan! I love them all! :) but raspberries are my favorite lately!!!!

14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Love them all.. blue berries and strawberries are my go to faves.

16. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Blueberries are my favorite. I like to add them to cereal or oatmeal in the morning. Strawberries are great in oatmeal and I've been buying them more and more often as I move away from boxed cereals (which have a lot of added sugar) to plain, old-fashioned oat meal. Blueberries or strawberries are a natural source of sugar I welcome!

I also love blackberries and buy them when they look good. Almost every grocery shopping trip I am buying some sort of berries - often two different kinds.