Behind in Challenges

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by littlekiwi, Jan 24, 2022.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I was caught up last Thursday but I haven't been able to get back on the computer until now. I'm simply going to try to make two pages a day. Any more will just be icing on the cake.

bestcee likes this.
  2. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

oh gosh it bugs me so much to have them out of order! I did the same last year, just waited until I finished one to load them all. I do have one I forgot to post, so it went from 11 to 13, 14, to 12 or something. ack! lol

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

rumor has it that the thread checker loves all you OCD people who must have their layouts in order ... :whistle

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

A tip you might find helpful --
    For the Same but Different and for the Stitched Down challenges, I had to search my stash to find the elements I might want to use. As I came across them, I copied them into a folder on my desktop. I also double checked that the filename of each item included the kit name and designer, since they would no longer be in their kit folder. Having all the possible elements grouped together made it much easier to pull them into my layout. It also separated the search effort from the scrapping effort, which made the actual scrapping faster.

Anyway, these types of challenges are fun, but they sure do take a lot of time looking in the stash.
    Best of luck on catching up.

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  5. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

For those that use Lightroom, I’ve been making a lot of use of the quick collection as I find previews or elements and photos I want to use. Just hit b on the keyboard when the item is selected and it will be added to the quick collection.

BevG likes this.
  6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

now I'm very behind, like 8 days, and I m so sad because of it...but I'm dealing with a health issue and in bed rest...no walking around or sitting on my computer :cry I want to scrap so bad!

7. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

I'm three challenges behind. Every day I tell myself that today will be the day I catch up, but I have yet to do it. Maybe today, :D :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  8. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Do you check periodically throughout the month, or just one big marathon session at the end?

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I haven't finished today's page yet, but the day is not over so I don't consider myself behind yet. The most I've gotten behind so far was 2-3 days and I had myself a scrapping weekend with a friend at my house this weekend, so I was able to catch up and do a bunch of other pages too!

10. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I was all caught up until the bobblehead challenge and I just didn't feel like tackling that one yet, so I am 3 pages behind. I'm working on some CT stuff (non-TLP designers) and trying to come up with an idea for a bobblehead LO. I prefer to post my pages in order, too. Okay, less 'chatting', and more scrapping! I have a lot to scrap!!

BevG likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm 5 days behind and I won't be able to scrap until this weekend so that will put me at catching up quite a bit. Not sure if I'll be able to finish them all...but I'm going to try.

Karen likes this.
  12. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

I'm 14 behind! Yikes! Day 2 threw me, then we all got Covid so I was sick and/or taking care of everyone else. I'm chugging away at it now, but 14 is A LOT behind, so this may be a year I don't finish.

13. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

It's one big marathon session - January is challenges, February is tallies! :)

bestcee, rach3975, sm_amber and 2 others like this.
  14. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I have completed one challenge so far. :cry I'm actually pretty sad about it, but where I am in life & work right now it has just not been feasible to keep up. I won't be able to catch up, but I may try to keep doing some of the challenges - on my own time. I am cheering everyone else on and I still LOVE seeing all the gorgeous pages in the gallery!

bestcee and sm_amber like this.
  15. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i am 2 behind, the 300 word tribute and todays 10 things about me. I needed to redo my combine template, stupid PSCC, buggy when i load a layout with text (it created it 5 days ago, i didn't touch fonts), need to delete text layers and resave, then it doesn't lock up. So for sure them 300 words are going to be in word FIRST, before layout.

bestcee likes this.
  16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I thought I’d be further ahead than I am, not sure how I’m going to complete 6 that I’m behind now plus the next 4 by deadline. I’m gutted cause some of the ones I haven’t got to I’m really interested in doing.

Cath_ likes this.
  17. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

I am way behind. I had a reaction to my covid booster which had me out of action for 8 days and I'm still soooo tired. Determined to catch up if the kids will let me but it's the last weekend of their school holidays coming up and I'll need to do family stuff.

bestcee likes this.
  18. Kegger

Kegger Well-Known Member

I'm now only 2 behind. That pesky Day 2 challenge that is stopping me from putting my layouts in the thread (aaargh OCD GO AWAY), and today's (27!) :D I'm cheering everyone on - I've discovered I can scrap from a standing desk whilst my newborn is sleeping on me :faint2

19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If you really don't get a chance to do them, you can always write them down, or copy and paste the directions, or screenshot it so you can do them later when you have a chance.

I'm 6 behind myself. I'm hoping to get at least one done today, and then my plan is 2 tomorrow, since we have friends coming over, and hopefully the rest caught up on Saturday. We'll see how that goes, but I figure if I can get 1 done today, I'm not falling more behind, just staying 6 behind.

20. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@bestcee, I think that will end up being the plan unless some miracle occurs - case of too much real life stuff on top of feeling incredibly unwell at the moment (not an ideal combination or a combination I’d like to have either)

bestcee likes this.