Batch Renaming in CS5

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by GodBlessAmerica, Feb 19, 2022.

1. GodBlessAmerica

GodBlessAmerica Active Member

A few years ago I changed a bunch of png files to tiffs, because LR3 did not see pngs. It made the files bigger and they take up more space. Is their a way to batch rename them as pngs.
    I somehow "batched" them way back them. All help will be greatly appreciated, as I have so many awesome alphabets by the great Kim Jensen. :bkLove that girl.
    Another question. What is interlaced when you save as a png?

PS: I am pretty sure all my pngs are saved on one of my EHD's that my Mac's don't "talk" too. They go with with dead Dell. (rolling eyes)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    KimJ likes this.
  2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

unknown if this changes extention, but i use to rename allison things

https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

it comes in a install version, or stand alone you can run from thumb drive

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I think you are looking to do a batch convert. It's been quite a while since I've done that, but I think you need to record a small action for save as, and then batch run it on the folder. There are some instructions here. I'm not sure if they're for CS5, but it should be pretty similar. I'm also going to send you a PM. :)

sm_amber likes this.
  4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@GodBlessAmerica See above. :) Oh, and as far as the interlace thing, (copied and pasted from a google search):
    The interlaced option is pretty much obsolete today. It is to let someone with a slow internet connection like Dial-Up begin to see the picture quickly. An interlaced PNG displays an early degraded version of the whole image quickly, then displays the image correctly. Interlaced will be a bit bigger in filesize.​

You don't need interlace. I always just choose smallest file in my PNG options. :)

bestcee and sm_amber like this.