Bad Hair Day | Pad Patter 3.9.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, Mar 9, 2023.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

My poor daughter had a rough morning today because her hair didn't curl like she wanted it to. So, I'm on a mission to help her out. I am what I call "hair challenged" and do not know how to curl hair, so I would love to hear your suggestions for curling irons, curlers, and any other hair products that might help. Thanks in advance!

2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

LOL ... I still have my Clairol hot rollers from the 1960s, so I'm no help there. My solution is to simply jerk my hair up into a ponytail and secure it with a scrunchy.

umyesh likes this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

My hair is short now so haven't used it in awhile but I loved my revlon dry/wet styler/blower with a medium brush attachment. I don't even know if they make that anymore, mine is about 6 yrs old. I also like a texture spray after, like Puff Me by Design Me. It's a dry texture spray that is super lightweight.

umyesh likes this.
  4. stephc777

stephc777 Active Member

I have hair with a natural slight wave that I usually curl, but my curls tend to fall out right away unless I use this - I buy it at Ulta. I spray it in my hair after I dry it and then curl with a curling iron. I don't usually have to curl my hair the next day.
    [​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  5. umyesh

My hair is in a ponytail all day every day. Hence the reason I'm "hair challenged" lol

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  6. umyesh

Thanks Rae! I'll check these out!

7. umyesh

Thanks Steph! I know my daughter would love for her curls to last so I'll check this out.

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

lol! My hair is naturally wavy, and as I get older it seems to be curly. I don't know how to style it. at all!

So, I straighten it, and then use the straightener to curl the ends, and curl to a face frame. I do have curly hair products, and a diffuser, but usually I think I look frazzled and frizzy. So, I opt to straighten.

I have been oogling this as it would make my curls less frizzy... and a friend uses one similar.
    https://www.amazon.com/CHI-Spin-Curl-Special-Curler/dp/B07VYK8GY9/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=automatic+curling+iron&qid=1678392087&refinements=p_72:1248873011&rnid=1248871011&s=beauty&sr=1-5&th=1

umyesh likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've been on the let my hair dry naturally kick for many years. I do have a hair dryer and a couple of curling irons but they are only used on special occasions these days. And, when I do curl my hair, the curls fall out quite quickly. The only time I can keep curl is if I have a perm and I quit doing that a long time ago. My hair is relatively straight except now it is long so it gets a slight wave from laying on my shoulders as it dries! I hate the feel of any product like a styling spray or spritz or mousse so that is probably why my curls fall out.

Most days my hair is in a jaw clip or ponytail.

umyesh likes this.
  10. umyesh

I have a Chi flat iron and love it so I’ll definitely look into this!

11. umyesh

I let my hair dry naturally too. I was trying to tell my daughter how long it takes to blow dry hair but I also told her I’m not sure because I haven’t done it in so long.

12. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

It's been a long, long time since I curled my naturally straight hair. When I did curl my hair for Balls and special occasions and such, I migrated to the Curl Secret.

umyesh likes this.
  13. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I am SO not a girlie girl, but I have a 15 year old that is! She loves curling her hair - what's worked for her is a curling wand - similar to this:
    upload_2023-3-9_19-35-10.png

End result like this:
    upload_2023-3-9_19-36-20.png

bestcee and umyesh like this.
  14. umyesh

That thing looks magical Lisa!

15. umyesh

Thanks Trina! I’m hoping I can convince my daughter to curl her own so I don’t have to learn how to do it haha

tjscraps likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I mean, the best long lasting theater curls I got with these:
    [​IMG]

I have a different hot curler set that I used for awhile too that was like this:
    [​IMG]
    Why? Because no matter how many times my mom showed me how to use a curling iron, I burned myself. I'm super uncoordinated when it comes to curling irons. Plus, I have long thick hair, and I adored that I didn't have to wait for each one to curl, just roll and move to the next one. Finish them all, spray with hair spray, and then unroll and go!

Those curling irons above look cool. I may have to try an iron again. Bets on if I burn myself? :thumbsups

umyesh likes this.
  17. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

How about I say.....I do absolutely nothing special to my hair except get it cut!

umyesh likes this.
  18. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

It was a time saver....especially for my super long, straight locks.

umyesh likes this.
  19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I also used those pink rollers @bestcee showed in the old days. Easy to sleep in. Also went through a phase using the brush rollers that you used a plastic pin to hold in place. Then there was the snap on curler.

In high school when I had really long hair, I used a can (yes a can something came in, my favorite was the small tomato juice cans). You put the hair in a ponytail on the top of your head, rolled the can to the base and clipped it with the large bobby pins. Out of the way when sleeping and had a slight wave in the hair the next day. You should have seen the girls at a slumber party... all of us with long hair did it!

bestcee and umyesh like this.
  20. umyesh

I grew up with those pink foam curlers Courtney! They remind me of Sunday mornings haha I always burn myself too so I really don’t want to burn my daughter.

bestcee likes this.