Bacon | Pad Patter 4.7

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Apr 7, 2019.

1. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I remember liking bacon a lot, but I'm a vegetarian now so I don't eat it!

Amson and IntenseMagic like this.
  2. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Do you like bacon? I LOVE Bacon
    How do you cook your bacon? I bake it, it needs to be crispy or as my DH says: almost cremated
    Do you like your bacon chewy or crispy? CRISPY
    Have you tried anything unusual with bacon, like chocolate covered? Not really
    What's your favorite dish that includes bacon? there's dish with pasta (filled with mozzarella and tomato) and a pesto sauce with a little arugula & pine nuts, I love to give it an extra bite with bacon over it (in small pieces)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I LOVE fish! I could eat it for dinner every night, but my family doesn't agree lol. I am really craving some good salmon!

mcurtt likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

I wouldn't be too hard for me to be vegetarian, but I think bacon would be the hardest thing for me to give up lol

5. IntenseMagic

Ooooh that pasta dish sounds divine!!

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yes, love bacon.
    Cook it on the electric griddle. Have never done it on the stove or in the oven. Mom used to do it in the microwave on a special dish. I might still have the dish... found it during the purge but think I kept it.
    Crispy.
    Nothing unusual.
    BLT's were a staple in my childhood (dad grew tomatoes every year... whole month of August was BLT's!). Scrambled eggs, bacon and shredded hash browns are another favorite dish.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Do you like bacon (if you don't, skip the rest of the questions and see the image at the bottom :giggle)? love it but don't eat it all the time
    How do you cook your bacon? i like to bake mine
    Do you like your bacon chewy or crispy? slightly crispy
    Have you tried anything unusual with bacon, like chocolate covered? hmmm...nothing unusual
    What's your favorite dish that includes bacon? I have lots....coleslaw with bacon, brussels sprouts, bacon and parm cheese with butter and homemade burger with avocado, bacon and BBQ sauce...yum!

8. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Have never really liked bacon and don't eat meat now so easy to avoid.

9. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Do you like bacon (if you don't, skip the rest of the questions and see the image at the bottom :giggle)?
    It’s pretty tasty.
    How do you cook your bacon?
    I don’t. I think it’s too messy with all the splatters and makes the house smell. I know it smells like bacon, but not the smell you want to have five hours after the fact.
    Do you like your bacon chewy or crispy?
    Crispy but not burnt.
    Have you tried anything unusual with bacon, like chocolate covered?
    I tried to do the Pinterest thing where you candy bacon. Basically brown sugared and baked but it did not work out for me. That may be the last time I made bacon...
    I love chocolate with bacon in it. Super tasty. Also had the best donut in Vegas yesterday that had bacon on top of it. Along with chocolate icing. Oh, and waffles with bacon in them, with fried chicken....
    What's your favorite dish that includes bacon
    I love me a good BLT

10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Do you like bacon ? Yes, I love it but then I also like scrapple but do not like sausage.
    How do you cook your bacon? If it's just for me for breakfast, and it usually is, I'll fry two strips cut in half in a small cast iron pan I keep for that. I do keep the fat too for browning stuff.
    Do you like your bacon chewy or crispy? Crispy
    Have you tried anything unusual with bacon, like chocolate covered? I've made bacon jam when it was the rage but decided I didn't like the sweet taste. I did buy chocolate covered bacon once from our Amish market and ...meh.
    What's your favorite dish that includes bacon? Bacon and eggs, most any way. While I don't make many dishes other than spaghetti carbonara with bacon, I do use the dripping kept in a glass jar in the fridge to brown meat or things like mushrooms.

btw, this has reminded me to bake a package of bacon I took out of the freezer this week! Bacon ahead for me!

11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I thought of something more about bacon.

As a kid, my mom had to keep the bacon grease in a closed container in the refrigerator. Why you ask? Because this was in the days before microwave popcorn and Dad would pop the popcorn in an aluminum pan on top of the stove. Instead of regular oil, he used bacon grease.

YUMMY!!!!!