Background music?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SharLamb, May 10, 2019.

1. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I would like to have a Pandora channel that plays the kind of music so many of the YouTube videos play...uplifting, but nothing I recognize. If I recognize the music, I am compelled to sing with it. I don't like jazz, so that doesn't work. I think Tangie Baxter has some favorites, but I'd love to hear from others. I need to know what kind of a station to ask for on Pandora. Now that summer is near, I'd also like this kind of music for when I'm dozing on the patio...again, can't be anything I know the words to! LOL

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Classical music does this for me. I recognize so few pieces and there are no words, so yeah. You could also search for instrumental music on your favorite instrument, i.e. piano, guitar, flute, etc. Or nature sounds? We use the nature playlists for yoga sometimes.

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Pandora is great, but I don't like the lack of song-choice control, so I use Spotify because if I use Pandora while scrapping, then I spend too much time looking up why they recommended some song I hate lol. Anyway, what about Debussy? When I need "non-sing-along music" I like classical/orchestral, and lately Debussy works for me.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

living in a house full of musicians I either get to listen to what they are working on, or silence

Tree City likes this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Beach boys!!

6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Lol- I'm no help, because I like to sing or at least goof along to songs while scrapping! ;) And my pandora station is called "Amie's Randomness" because it is crazy random... probably not up your alley! Good luck! lol!

7. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I like to sing while scrapping!!!

[​IMG]
    I have a Spotify playlist called My Chill Tunes that has a just a few of my favourite musicians that I like to just relax and enjoy and sing along with randomly.

The playlist has artists like The National, Boy & Bear, Mumford and Sons, Billy Joel, Angus and Julia Stone, David Gray, Adele, Pink Floyd, Ed Sheeran, Vera Blue, Hozier, London Grammar, Shawn James, Van Morrison, First Aid Kit, Husky, Arctic Monkeys, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, Charlie Cunningham, Vance Joy, Annie Lennox, Alt+J to name a few :giggle .... 24hrs 55 mins long so far and adding to it every week ;)

8. SharLamb

BEACH BOYS!!!! No way. I have to sing along with them! Amanda! Thanks for the suggestions. I've never heard of 90% of them! I'm old...no, OLD.

I will check them out.

amandac likes this.
  9. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

haha you aren't old Sharron! A fair few of them are Aussie bands, some English, oh and I have thrown in a few classics (because, well I"M old haha)

SharLamb likes this.
  10. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I sometimes use Deezer for listening to.
    I do not have a paid account and just use the free version. The adverts do not seem to get in the way of listening for it being in the background while I do other things.

SharLamb likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Funny you should bring this up, Sharron. I've been listening to the "Easy Listening" Channel on Xfinity for two days. I listen to different things, but this has been my favorite for the last two days. It's just musical, no lyrics. Even my hubby remarked how "nice" it was - he's not a big music fan because it distracts him. I recognize the songs, but they're just "background music". Some of it very very light jazz, "That's All" is playing right at the moment - I just looked at the TV. All I can tell you is that it's called "Easy Listening". I have had it on the living room and my office tv's and it's synchronized. Chuck never remarks on the music I'm listening to so I know it's not annoying, or he wouldn't have said anything. I listen to Amazon Music on my computer and phone, too.

12. SharLamb

Thanks Cheryl. I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm wiped out tonight...evidently one of the side effects of a tetanus shot (which I had yesterday). I fell into a deep sleep, sitting up!, at Bible study tonight! How embarrassing!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  13. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

On my Spotify playlist you find the National, Editors, Calexico, Lana Del Rey, Bear's Den, Leonard Cohen, Bruce Springsteen, ...
    the music is playing while I am cooking, ironing, cleaning ... while I am busy at my pc ... no music for me ...

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I don't have Pandora, I use Google Music, but I bet you can find similar stuff!
    I've been in a showtunes mood lately. So, shuffling different broadway songs, usually the mellower tone ones like Phantom, Les Miserables, and Wicked. I know they each have a few more upbeat songs though.
    I've also been listening to the Marvel Movie Soundtracks. I enjoy movie soundtracks when I'm studying because they switch more often than classical pieces.

15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I often listen to a playlist on Spotify called Deep Focus because it's nothing I recognize and is mostly instrumental.

I also love nature sounds, especially rain, so I'll listen to Waterfalls, Rivers, and Creeks or Nature Sounds, also on Spotify.

I'm sure you can find similar playlists on Pandora to follow.

16. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

have you heard of the "Rockabye Baby!" series, which is lullaby renditions of (mostly) rock songs? I just played the Nirvana "lullabies" during dinner and I expected DH to know exactly what was playing. He had no idea. Anyway, his lack of recognition made me think of this thread. Maybe that series is another option for you. I'm listening to the Foo Fighters album right now; I recognize every song but I was obsessed with the Foos so that's to be expected. :)