Backblaze question

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Apr 26, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I made a stupid mistake when restarting my back up last month….I accidentally had my EHD plugged in when I restarted the back up so it “backed it up” - pretty sure it was empty anyway but it’s beside the point. Does anyone know if you can remove a EHD off Backblaze’s list of what to back up or do I need to start all over again? I have tried to Google/search Backblaze website and don’t see what I want to do anywhere.

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

If it isn't plugged in now, it isn't being backed up and they will delete what had been backed up after a period of inactivity... maybe 30 days. Or if you keep it plugged in you should just be able to remove it.

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@littlekiwi

Adding an External Hard Drive

You can add an external hard drive by opening the Backblaze Settings panel on your computer and clicking the "Settings..." button. You can remove an EHD by unchecking the box.

[​IMG]

littlekiwi likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

Thank you, thank you, thank you Cheryl @gonewiththewind.Believe it or not I actually did look at that link before but it didn’t register that I could delete an EHD by basically reversing the steps.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. littlekiwi

It hasn’t been plugged in for maybe 2-3 weeks but I’ve been getting the reminders about that drive hence the thought of I probably should try and figure out how to delete it off my Backblaze for good.

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

You are so welcome! I know you are having a hard time lately with personal stuff and health issues. I'm having a lot of pain right now, and it's hard to think when you're overcome! We are all here to help each other! :beat:heartlub:beat

littlekiwi and Cath_ like this.