Back to work/school? | pad patter Jan 4, 2021

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

lockdown just hit us, so the children have gone back to school via the internet. There have been glitches with it, and the schools are making adjustments. It's been manic every morning getting everyone set up and making sure everyone has access to what they need. This morning was stressful with the internet down for the first 2 hours of the school day.

Hubby is permanently working from home now after the company decided to close the office. He's very much settled into that routine.

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I work in Giles County, in southwest Virginia. Our kids are not required to be masked during play (only at practice and on the sidelines), and are allowed 25 spectators. Players do not count as spectators so some are upset right now that like JV can't stay in the gym to watch varsity and vice-versa. And fussing because they are hurried out after the games.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

We started today, my kid started on Monday. I already have a headache and I can see the deep hole the district I work with has dug and apparently we need to get out of it by ourselves!

4. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

We all started back to work on Monday, but due to lockdown here in Wales, UK my son is having his college lessons online. And I am currently working from home until 18th, when my boss will decide if our offices are to reopen. My husband is back in work, but he works for a company making medical supplies so factory is open.

I have been working from home since 18th January and I don't like it at all, I understand it has to be done to keep us all safe. But I prefer to be back in the office, I work as a receptionist for a charity.

5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Our first week of home school was manic. The schools initially thought it was 1 or 2 weeks max and set temporary work schedules. Now it's long term. There were lots of technical difficulties to start with, including our internet being down for the first 2 hours on Wednesday. Overall I think we did okay though.
    The schools are now organised for the long term and I've received timetables for live classes and self-study sessions etc. All 3 children will have simultaneous live classes. This means the current large desk sharing arrangement isn't going to work anymore. Need to rearrange the school room and add another desk. That will be my computer desk :( . Oh well I can attempt to reorganise my room so there's less stuff stored on top of my sewing desk and room to swap between the sewing machine and my laptop. I'm anticipating another pile of stackable boxes being put where my computer desk currently sits. There are stacks of boxes all over the sides of my room.