Back in the "real" world

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Dec 10, 2016.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

OMG. We haven't had internet in days. It is insane. It hasn't been *completely* out... just enough to really mentally mess with us. Like you see it is "on" and try to get online, but then it flashes off.

We were on the schedule to have someone come out and determine what was going on, but it was the day that there were major area outages, so we never had anyone show up (and I wasted part of a day waiting).

In a way, it has been nice because I can't handle the stress of the political arena at the moment and I want to crawl under my covers and pretend that everything is not going to fall apart, BUT I've missed my TLP peeps and scrapping and everything else. I didn't even get to do any other fun things because the week was so insane.

What about you? Do you ever experience outages (or throttled internet)? What do you do to soothe yourself when you can't get online??

2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

after hours of just staring at screen , thinking something will happen (prior, reset modem, cold start router, reboot etc)
    I take a nap
    Like can't do work on drive - without checking forum..
    Can't do anything without haveing the internet
    well at least feels that way

jesskab and scrapsandsass like this.
  3. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I hate it. Drives me crazy!!! I didn't know it was possible to soothe yourself when it's out -- LOL. I try to go do something else or I have paintshop so I can scrap. Seems like it's the late evening often and I get worked up about it acting up again then try to sleep. Doesn't work well. I miss my peeps.

scrapsandsass likes this.
  4. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I hate being without internet. For a couple days, we were without our remote that lets us skip ahead! I thought that was bad too!

5. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

I chuckeled when I had a memory from the past --- my daughter (17 at the time) wasn't able to use her phone or the internet due to something going on w AT&T ---- she wailed "So basically, I'm living in a covered wagon!"

Karen, Sokee, gonewiththewind and 3 others like this.
  6. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Our internet used to go out a lot. They came out and ran a dedicated line to our modem and it's been much better since, but it used to drive me crazy. We have Suddenlink and they used to have a jingle that went "Suddenlink, you're connected" but I always sang "Suddenlink, disconnected". When it does go out, I usually clean, scrap, or do something crafty :)

8. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

We have intermittent outages at home - but thankfully, nothing that lasts more than a few minutes - just an inconvenience - however; work is a different story! It's in and out all day long and 99% of the reporting I do all day long depends on the internet ... totally frustrating. Comcast ought to have a designated place to park in our lot as often as they are there!!

9. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

It hasn't happened often. Sometimes the wifi just gets really crowded. I do stuff I've been putting of, like organize my files or the EHD. I play my video game, Cooking Dash. Sometimes I read. I'd go to public wifi if there was something I really wanted to do online.

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I *gasp* intentionally disconnect us some days. I know, totally heartless!

I hate when the internet is running slow. I will troubleshoot to the end of my knowledge, then call the company. And then go play in lightroom, and turn on a movie, or go read a book, or play Legos. If I'm on my computer, I turn the internet off, so I don't see it going in and out, and it feels like I decided to be offline, not they decided for me. :giggle

elk2009, scrapsandsass and Cath_ like this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I kind of identify with this meme. :giggle

[​IMG]

jenn mccabe, bestcee, Karen and 3 others like this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Bwahahahaha! Classic. You totally need to scrap this, if you haven't already!

Yes, it's amazing how much I get done when the internet is down.

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Our service is pretty reliable, but I do get quite irritated when I can't get online, even though I have PLENTY of other things to do.

I do usually end up cleaning or at least doing a chore or item on my to-do list that I've been putting off.

14. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

We really don't lose our internet, lucky there. But I did end up taking Facebook off my phone after the elections. It was an eye opener some of the comments people made ect... I told myself I don't need this. So I only go onto Facebook, maybe once a day when I'm on my Main Computer.

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Our router has been sketchy lately and we all freak out a little bit when it's down for awhile. It's pretty ridiculous, but yeah, we NEED our internet. :giggle So glad yours in back Kimberlee!

16. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I am married to one of my ISPs network engineers... so no outages for us unless they are doing a maintenance. My husband always laughs when he takes down our router to make an update because my daughter and I pop out of the room like "what happened?!?!"

Not having internet access is more of a pain for the kids that it is for the adults in the house. I see it as time to finish things around the house that I have been avoiding..lol.