August-WK 2-Out of the Mouth the ♥ Speaks

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 9, 2013.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Last week you all blew me away with your amazing Shape Up backgrounds. And if you are new to this challenge, you can still join. Go to this THREAD for more details.

Each week in chat, all those that are there receive a participation prize, and this week the lovely Kate Hadfield gave some sweetness for her store!
    [​IMG]

Sign up for my newsletter to enjoy discount coupons and all the latest news on my products!
    You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter and at her blog!

August Face It Art Journaling challenge
    WEEK 2 of 4
    Out of the MOUTH the ♥ Speaks

Oh our lips and the things that can come out of them can be healing or deadly. This week I would love you to ponder your words and the life we carry within our lips.
    As a Mom, I kiss booboos, I can also can cut with my lips by my words.
    Passion is with lips, and yet gossip can kill the same relationship.
    See where I am going, we have two lips top and bottom, lets try and bring opposites or opposing forces to our lips this week.

Here is my part 2-Lips
    [​IMG]

We have a special 1/2 time prize from RE Kneipp!
    [​IMG]
    He has graciously offered a $15 gift certificate to one RAndom winner. I will pick from all that have completed these 2 weeks, the background and the lips, and announce it at chat next Friday! Deadline to complete....by the time chat starts! Way cool?
    Re is hilarious and very talented! You can find him EVERYWHERE! Facebook and here is his blog.

This months most awesome sponsor is Little Butterfly Wings aka Valeria!
    [​IMG]
    You can find her on her blog, Facebook and Twitter and she is just adorable too
    Our Val will be providing a participation prize to all who finish the 4 grueling challenges, and then one finisher will recieve the grand prize of a Gift Certificate to Little Butterfly Wings store here at the Lily Pad!
    [​IMG]

****PLEASE REMEMBER****
    Post each weeks LAYout in the THREAD HERE.
    This is a huge help for the prize hand outs! It is also a great place for me to make sure I loved you all up in the gallery. I sometimes lose my place and I so enjoy seeing your challenge be built!

If you have any concerns, questions, please post here and I will check in often to help. The process is the best part, so enjoy it, Stress is not an option! lol ​

2. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

My chat got cut short. Do we have to have words?

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

you can have whatever you want, words or elements...just make enjoy!

4. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Cool! here is my closeup
    [​IMG]

5. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

Lol, I did it. It reminds me a little of the Joker-Ledger's smile..LOL ^___^
    [​IMG]

6. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I've started to add to the face too :D

[​IMG]

7. hslater

hslater Member

Ok I don't think I'm getting the whole Art Journalling side... not really messy :-( I'll get there! :)

[​IMG]

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Ama, I cracked up with yours as I said I had to see the close up to "read your lips" and love the shark teeth! I think the prizes Anne are absolutely spectacular! The designers are oh so gracious with their gifts and prizes.. even Mye showing up and offering a coupon for 3 quick chatters ... ok so it shut us up for a few minutes so the chat didn't roll so fast.. talk about 2 lips.. our hands were typing faster then our lips would be saying.. !! Loved it, and darn the only problem is completing the weeks challenge on the same day and having to wait a week for the next edition!! Thanks again for the fun time and thank you everyone for your companionship through this fun journey!!

9. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

Ladies, let's follow Ama's lead and post a close-up of our lips in the gallery. Owise how to see what we allowed to spill out of them? Then we'll post the whole face in the layout thread.

Yes? No?

10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I think if it is small writing like Ama did then it would be important to do so. I have everything on the psd with my first layout and it is going to be a toughy for me to group those pieces since they are blended so much. just my thoughts mind you. I like seeing everyones lips though!! :)

11. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

No probemo, Christa :)

Dear me !!! All of your lips are gorgeous !!!! And I've yet to start on mine. Same as last wk, no mojo no inspiration :(

Gonna pull out my background and stare at it until inspiration smack me on the face.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  12. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Messy isn't required. As long as you're expressing yourself :)

[​IMG]

13. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Here are my lips close up -

[​IMG]

I'm bummed that you can't read the green writing. It showed up really well on my computer. it says "sometimes I say all the right things." The speech bubble is a little small, too. It continues the thought of the journaling and the Pink Reptile Designs' Talk Geeky to Me keyboard alpha. Those say "I speak sarcasm, obscure quotes, AND" The alpha says "random geekery" the speech bubble says, "with a side of fangirly gushing." It wasn't so small on my computer. I guess I should have cropped the lips. I just thought since it was transparent it wouldn't matter. I am new to the whole transparency thing. Oh well, live and learn, right? This was a fun challenge. :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Here is mine:
    [​IMG]