August Scraplift Challenge

Discussion in 'August 2019 Challenges' started by HeatherB, Jul 26, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

back with a faster cleaner page based on KarenB's Delightful
    her page
    [​IMG]
    my version
    [​IMG]

KarenB, HeatherB and SeattleSheri like this.
  2. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I picked this one by KarenB...
    [​IMG]

And here's my take:
    [​IMG]

HeatherB and KarenB like this.
  3. Enid

Enid Well-Known Member

I decided to go by KarenB gallery, love it!! I used this layout:
    [​IMG]
    My layout: 2018 Canada Vacations
    [​IMG]

KarenB and HeatherB like this.
  4. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I used two pages from @KarenB
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

And here's my page:
    [​IMG]

5. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

I chose this LO by Seattle Shari:
    [​IMG]

I really like the vertical cluster and started out trying to make something very similar to Shari's. Somewhere along the line it morphed into something quite different. But there IS a vertical cluster!
    [​IMG]

KarenB, SeattleSheri and HeatherB like this.
  6. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

There were so many gorgeous pages, but I picked this page from Karen's gallery.
    [​IMG]
    And then here's mine -
    [​IMG]

KarenB likes this.
  7. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Have Already Scraplifted 2 Pages From SeattleSheri For This Challenge...But I Keep Seeing So Many Beautiful Scraplifts...That I Had To Do One More...But This Time By KarenB...She Too Has So Many Inspirational Pages To Scraplift...After Perusing Her Gallery For A Long Time & Commenting On Several Layouts That I Saw...I Settled On This Wonderful Layout As My Scraplift Inspiration!:Inspiration Challenge - Nov 15:

[​IMG]

*The First Thing That Struck Me Was The Use Of All Those Neutral Colors Color Blocked Inside The Photo!...Brilliant!...No...I Did Not Try To Duplicate This...Instead...I Used All The Same Colors In My Layout...But In Different Ways...I Took The Time To Choose One Of The Colors For My Floral Accents...I Chose:Green...But I Took Care To Also Highlight The Different Shades Of Black I Used:The Different Brown Shades I Chose & The Many Different Shades Of Grey That I Also Chose To Compliment...The Only Thing Different I Did...Was Add A Bit Of Mauve/Purple To Further Enhance My Layout...I Stuck To The Neutral Background In My Layout Also(Not My Normal Jam...But I Went For It Anyway...)...Her Use Of Animals In This Layout(And Quite Frankly...A Lot Of Her Beautiful Animal Layouts That I Saw In Her Gallery...)...Inspired My Use Of A Butterfly In Coordination With My Lady With The Butterfly Tattoo...I Also Used 1 Photograph Of A Lovely Young Lady Along The Same Lines Bit Different...This Lovely Lady Has A Tattooed Face(Another Terminology For Face Painting)...My Lovely Lady Has A Tattooed Back...A Butterfly To Be Exact...I Also Loved The WA Placement Used Here...So I Followed Along In A Similar Fashion...I Also Used Stamps & Paint In My Layout...Albeit A Lot More...But I Hope You Can See How I Was Inspired By This Layout...My Style Is More Of A Mixed Media/Art Journaling Style...So My Layout Definitely Stays In This Vein...This Layout Also Has A Darker/Black & White Color Palette & This Reminded Me Of The Upcoming Fall...Summer Ending & Vacations Ending Filled With Amazing Photographic Moments...So That's Kind Of The Theme Of My Layout...Transformation...This Layout Is Also About Transformation...But In A Different Way...My Lucky Lady Is Following In The Same Fashion...A Dark Floral Dress & Black Boots...Feels Like Fall To Me...But Stopping On The Way By To Take A Photo Of A Beautiful Scenic Site...The Feel Of My Layout Is Definitely More Of An Early Fall Vibe...Like This Layout...But Still Uplifting,Positive & Filled With Light Using A Slightly Softer Color Palette...Sort Of The End Of A Wonderful Summer "Transforming" Into A Whole New Season Of Possibilities...Believe It Or Not This Layout Took Me An Incredibly Long Time To Complete...But I Was More Than Happy With The Result!...Thanks! KarenB! For The Inspiration!!!...*

*For My A Moment In Time:Transformed Layout-I Used:

*Wings Unfolded & Bloom & Grow-Rachel Jefferies
    *Live Wild & Free & Art Crush No.18-NBK Design
    *Moments Like This-Pink Reptile Designs
    *Bloom & Grow-Collab-The Lilypad
    *Springscape-Little Butterfly Wings
    *7 Ways To ArtPlay Digital Art & ArtPlay Memento Mini Palette-Anna Aspens Designs

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  8. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

I chose to scraplift Karen B's "PS I Love You" Here's My take and Karen's layout below.

We were Three web.jpg

I love how she layers paper and provides a rich placement for her photos!
    PS I Love You web.jpg

KarenB likes this.
  9. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

I could hardly decide. My choice then fell on this LO from SeattleSheri
    [​IMG]

Here is mine
    [​IMG]

KarenB, SeattleSheri and HeatherB like this.
  10. dbregant

dbregant Well-Known Member

I'm lifting this one from Karen:
    [​IMG]

Here's my layout:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    SeattleSheri, KarenB and HeatherB like this.
  11. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

I picked this layout from KarenB
    [​IMG]

And this is my layout
    [​IMG]

SeattleSheri, HeatherB and KarenB like this.
  12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Must Be Really Loving These Scraplifted Layouts!...Since I Have Been So Inspired To Continue To Create!...This Time I Have Done Something That I Have Never Ever Done Before...I Have Scraplifted 3 Different Layouts By KarenB...And Turned Them Into My One Layout...I Was So Inspired By Her Gallery That I Couldn't Just Choose One...But 3 Layouts That Inspired Me...I Could Go On & Explain How Each Layout Inspired My Finished Layout...But Instead Of That...I'm Gonna Show You All The Three Layouts That I Scraplifted...And Hopefully You Can See How I Was Inspired By Each Layout Individually & How 3 Separate Inspirational Layouts Finally Morphed Into My 1 Finished Layout...

Layout #1:RJ August 19 Challenge:

[​IMG]

Layout #2 : Photography Challenge - May 19

[​IMG]

And Last But Not Least:

Layout #3:Inner Child:

[​IMG]

And Finally : My Finished Layout : It's Raining Again:

I Used A Slew Of Stuff From My Rachel Jefferies Stash To Create My Finished Layout:

*Sacred Time For Ourselves/Off The Grid-Bundle/A Quiet Place-Bundle/Salt Air-Bundle/Make Art & Journal 3-Bundle/Sunshine In Her Soul*

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  13. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

This fab one from Karen ( it was really hard to choose )
    [​IMG]
    and mine;
    [​IMG]

14. burnbright

burnbright Active Member

I picked this layout from @KarenB
    [​IMG]

We share a first name but I don't have her design style. All her pages show a cohesive style. I hope to scrap as well as her when I grow up. LOL
    Mine
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.