August Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'August 2021 Challenges' started by HeatherB, Jul 28, 2021.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Welcome to the August Journaling Challenge. This month we are using a tried and true form of journaling - the interview!! It is one of my favourite ways to find out information to write in my journaling. I give my boys interviews every year or so and the answers over time are really interesting to see.

For the purposes of this challenge, an interview is any set of questions and the answers. And you can interview yourself, your family, your friends, your pets (and imagine what their answers would be), even an inanimate object like a favourite toy or a room (and again, imagine what the answers would be).

For this challenge you must have a series of at least 5 questions and answers. You can have more if you want, but the minimum is 5. And the questions don't even need to be in full sentence form; sometimes just a single word evokes a response.

I did a new interview with myself as the subject using single word questions to save on space (credits in gallery):
    [​IMG]

And here is an interview I had from talking with my youngest son (credits in gallery). I loved reading it and comparing it to what he would answer now. Quite educational! I didn't scrap it at the time, but kept the interview with my important papers knowing I would eventually scrap it. And this month's challenge gave me the excuse to do it now!
    [​IMG]

Please remember our monthly challenge rules:

Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the August Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I can't wait to see who (or what!) you will interview!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Sharon-shutterbug, umyesh and Ga_L like this.
  2. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

I'll play - I've got an idea floating around that might be a good one, especially as I took photos that would go with it just today... Thanks!

HeatherB likes this.
  3. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

My grandma just turned 100 and I interviewed her for information to send to the Today show. She didn't make it on as there are over 250 people turning 100 or more and who knows how many try to get on the show! Good time to type this all out!

[​IMG]

Dady, FL-Karen, trekmom and 5 others like this.
  4. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

hmmmm.... thinking, thinking...

5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

FL-Karen and HeatherB like this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Here is mine:
    [​IMG]

tanteva, cinna and HeatherB like this.
  8. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

9. Mingo08

Well, this was what I wanted, but it was definitely more awkward than I expected. I started asking the questions of DH and he was like, "Taxes, buildable space, soil samples..." Yeah, it sort of became a "self" interview! LOL!
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  10. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

11. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I had so much fun with my grandkids asking me questions about my younger days. We also moved into favorite travels, but will save that for another challenge.
    [​IMG]

12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Thank you for your journaling challenge, here's my page.
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  13. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

A little Q & A with myself:
    [​IMG]

14. Mingo08

Follow-up irony to my page, posted above.

SO, the questions that were seriously being asked *were* DH's. The (absolutely tiny) area has an HOA that has pretty restrictive covenants. The house we want to build doesn't fit the parameters - and what we'd need to do to adjust isn't what we are trying to achieve. Plus, if things went sideways and we decided not to build, those same covenants are going to make it hard to resell the lot (we think.) So, it's not *our* lot.

But I now know where the blackberries are.... :)

The next question is - do I print the page for the book, or not? LOL!

15. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

At least you can go blackberry picking now, even if you don't have *your* lot yet!
    If it were me, I would print it anyway, because even though it didn't work out, it is still part of your journey! :)

Mingo08 likes this.
  16. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

An imagined interview with my 1 year old great-grandson (a fun way to keep track of what's happening).

[​IMG]

Dady, FL-Karen and HeatherB like this.
  17. Mingo08

Good point! And all the reasons we want to be in the area are still valid, even if it's not the right real estate set-up for us. I enjoyed the excitement at least! LOL! Thanks!

18. Lmaggs

Lmaggs Active Member

I got an Alexa for my birthday back in June and she is so much fun. So I thought I would get a list of questions together and see how it goes. Well she answered everyone of them. Fun interviewing her is actually entertaining. Also, it so happened my husband walked in while I was talking to her and he said " Ahhh, cute your talking to your little friend" lol !!
    Ask Alexa 2021.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    HeatherB likes this.
  19. FL-Karen

FL-Karen Well-Known Member

Thank you for the fun!

[​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  20. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Here's my layout for the challenge. (The part in Swedish is translated in the credits @ the gallery)

[​IMG]

G.J. and HeatherB like this.