August Accountability!! Put your goals here! GET Fit or FITTER

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 1, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

ONE pound! I have been fighting that pound for 2 weeks! lol, ice cream and a big hamburger(with bun) and fries did not help. But.................hours of swimming, and walking did the trick!

MrsEm and jenn mccabe like this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I have a mint plant and a basil plant, which I like to crush and mix it in the water (at separate times of course). I also recently got some essentials oils for flavoring. I like water, I just forget to get more... Although so far this week, I have made my quota each day. :)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Half way to the weekend and I have done pretty good. I have met my step goals every day which is great. I have been getting more water probably not enough but at least I am drinking more water

Great success on the soft drinks. Acouple of days I have had none and the days I did have a soft drink it was only one.

I haven't weighed since I have a terrible complex over the scale so I am going by clothes fit for now.

4. AnneofAlamo

I just put a half a lemon in...and then...drink on baby!

5. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

In regards to drinking more water-

I have 2 Under Armour water bottles that are the best! I have one near me at all times! They seal and lock- so no leaks. I throw them in my purse, take them to bed, to the gym, church choir, wherever I go. Before I would just go buy a diet pepsi if I was out and about. :(

Sometimes I put ice in a water bottle, add a few lemon slices then close it up and shake vigorously to break the ice and smush up the lemons. Then I top it off with cold water. It's sooo yummy! Like the fresh squeezed lemonade at the fair- almost!

I also have a soda stream, so for a fizzy treat I add a lemon, lime, cucumber, basil, etc to the the bottle after I fizz plain water.

6. meggersjm

Woo hoo! that's great! Small victories add up to big ones!

7. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I hope it's not too late to jump on board! I've enjoyed reading through the thread - thank you @AnneofAlamo for starting it! KUDOS to everyone for making changes - !!

I'm heavier now than I have ever been! I hit the 200 mark- and the day I realized it I cried. I didn't do anything about it, but I cried. Spent a day with our granddaughter in June and had a few candid photos taken and I was appalled at the way I looked! It made me super sad, but even then I didn't do anything about it.

TODAY is a new day - I have been *trying* to make better eating choices and have started walking (30 minutes most days ...) - have done that for 2 weeks and actually gained a pound (say what?!!?). I downloaded the same Keto book Anne mentioned, just haven't delved into it yet. I bought a Fitbit only to find out it bothers me to wear (it hits a bone that fractured on my right wrist years ago and causes a lot of pain - and it bugs me to have my on left arm due to writing - ) so I need to figure something out - because when I wore it I was more aware of moving, grooving and drinking water. I might have to try a different band ...

Here's to a better me!

LoveItScrapIt, MrsEm and jenn mccabe like this.
  8. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

@JillW if you have a charge2 check out amazon for the magnetic bands.

9. AnneofAlamo

@JillW it is never too late. I rave about keto because it works for me. 5 months 40pounds gone. I love the energy I have now and losing 40 more is doable in my mind.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

I wore this dress size 14 yesterday. I keep staring. February I wore size 24.

Attached Files:

HeatherB, MrsEm and BevG like this.
  11. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

Alright, it is time for me to jump in here. I've been on the Keto diet since July 1st and have only lost 3 pounds. I must be doing something wrong.
    Breakfast I eat one egg
    Lunch I usually eat one slice of deli turkey breast, hard boiled egg, avocado, & carrot sticks
    Dinner is usually salmon, chicken, steak, or pork, a vegetable or salad and a cup of lactose free 1% milk.
    Lately I have had some peaches with sugar free cool whip around 9pm
    I snack on almonds & dried cranberries .

I have not had any bread, pasta, potatoes, changed from margarine to butter and drink lots of water . I walk one mile on treadmill 5 days a week. I'm thinking about getting the Body Groove dvd, yoga and jogging is not for me.
    Any suggestions?

LoveItScrapIt and MrsEm like this.
  12. JillW

@EllenT - I can't think of any reasons the pounds would not be falling off of you! Your eating habits sound fab to me!!

@AnneofAlamo - YOU . GO . GIRL . !!

13. meggersjm

@AnneofAlamo - Wowza! You look fantastic.

@EllenT If you are doing keto, the peaches, cool whip, milk and carrots and cranberries are usually on the no list. Carrots are sometimes allowed in moderation. So even though they are healthy choices normally, they don't merge with keto very well.
    True keto is super strict, it involves very low carb, specialized macros and elimination of a lot of the "fake" stuff. It seems that around here, we follow dirty or lazy keto. I'm good with that, but I do know that some of the choices I make (artificial sweetener, not using macros, etc) could cause me to stall, at which point I will have to re-evaluate. Just do your research and decide which way you want to go. I feel that the Atkins program offered a great way to figure out what your body needs/can't tolerate. Stage 1 is kind of keto. The books helped me tremendously. I really do want to go to full keto, but gosh there are a lot of rules, and there seem to be lots of versions of keto.

@JillW - find something that works for YOU. You can do it!

WTG @BevG- way to make your goals this week!

We can do this!!!

14. AnneofAlamo

@EllenT yep to the fruit and yogurt. Bad keto. Lol
    Breakfast egg and bacon with avocado
    Lunch salad with dark green leafy things, chicken avocado and bacon.
    Dinner I actually don't usually eat it.
    Your 1 mile, pump it up a few in speed.
    One egg Mixed with cup of cabbage, fried in bacon grease. Add cheese and avocado.
    Seeing a pattern of avocado and bacon? Lol the fats are what gets you energy and your body using so your stored fat leaves your body.
    And lots of water to flush.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  15. JillW

One of my BFF's went on the Shape Reclaimed program, which is all about super strict keto. She lost 70 pounds. Unfortunately, went through some tough patches and gained it all back. I actually made an appointment (that was supposed to be yesterday) to join the program, but when I thought about it - I did not want to commit to cutting out everything that the program restricted. I knew I'd never be able to stick with it ... so ... finding something that works for me is key. Thanks for the confidence Megan!!!

16. AnneofAlamo

17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

you look amazing! :beat

18. EllenT

@AnneofAlamo What fruits can you eat? Cantaloupe, strawberries, or grapes? I'm running out of things that I like. lol But I guess that's the point. And how much water are we suppposed to drink each day?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  19. EllenT

@AnneofAlamo What fruits can you eat? Cantaloupe, strawberries, or grapes? I'm running out of things that I like. lol But I guess that's the point. And how much water are we suppposed to drink each day?

20. AnneofAlamo

Watermelon is about the only one I eat. When I hit a goal I have an orange and grapes. Lol