August Accountability!! Put your goals here! GET Fit or FITTER

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 1, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

the key is to keep moving and doing! I seriously now believe it is the only way to get and stay healthy. My blood pressure and heart are so healthy now! Sleep is better and life in general!
    I am just proud as can be of your downward trend of weight too Karen!

dagi and Karen like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

oh my goodness...my muscles ache! lol, I could not get them to cooperate in sit ups this am, but 3 legal push ups happened! woot!
    did my 1.5 miles in 21:53 and I almost quit, but didn't! yes!
    I go to the pool at 11, for an hour (2K yards) and then at 2, I am gonna take a long nap! lol

dagi likes this.
  3. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

We usually have to do “dog yoga” at my house. I will have to snap a photo. He loves to do yoga with me! He won’t stay off my mat though!

jenn mccabe and Cherylndesigns like this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'd love to see a picture of your dog on your mat. They have to be in the middle of everything. LOL

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

WooHoo!! I'm still doing my planks. They make me feel so strong. The Callanetics that I do everyday stretch my spine as well as also being based on strength training. I haven't missed a day this week.

I had a bone density test recently (I can only get one every three years). My doctor was amazed- my bone density has improved! He thought he was going to have to start me on Boniva but he said I didn't need it! He said "whatever you're doing, keep on doing it".

jenn mccabe likes this.
  6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Ok ... I'm joining you all in this fitness journey!

At the end of June I started Keto (I've been struggling to find something that works for my almost at menopause body and have been up and down all year -but still trying different things.) So in 2/3 weeks on Keto I lost 8 lbs. Which to me was miracle bc I dieted for 2 months in Jan - Feb (very strictly) and lost nothing. I was SO discouraged. I read all the info I could about the Keto diet - grabbed some books from amazon and my library and figured out my Macros. I also downloaded the Carb Mgr app (there are a lot to chose from). I just wanted a basic app that would give me a rough estimate of where I was with the diet. Then I had my son's send off party and there was so much food leftover. Let's just say I've been doing horrible for the last 2 weeks, but am ready to jump back in again!

My goals:
    -I want to stick to a Low carb/Keto diet.
    -Exercise at least 6x a week. I usually do an hour to an hour and a half daily. (walking the hills of my neighborhood, maybe throw in some slow jogs soon, or the tread climber/stationary bike when the weather is bad). I want to work my way up to being able to jog a half marathon by Nov 3rd! (3 months) At the moment I'm lucky if I can jog a half mile!
    -Slowly transition to add in some weight lifting, yoga or other strength training type of exercises.
    -With the little bit of weight I lost last month, I'd say I need/want to lose about 30 lbs more.

Today- I walked the hills of my neighborhood in 90% humidity. I did 4.6 miles and it was unpleasant but I'm so glad I just went out there and started. Step #1 - baby steps!

LoveItScrapIt, BevG and MrsEm like this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

A big welcome @jenn mccabe
    I am doing a challenge with the same ladies from church (I tied the last one for most weight loss). We all put in $10 and winner takes all.
    This one is a doozy. Air Force Fitness Standards. I get a slight edge because of my age. It is making me step up my exercise game! In Nov, Thanksgiving week, we will test and use the standards calculator for points.....
    There are 13 ladies in this to win. It is fun to have a group.
    I think this group here at the pad is gonna be a great motivator and I am glad you joined in!
    walking outside...eeek, not quite there for me!

8. jenn mccabe

Thank you @AnneofAlamo Those are awesome motivators! The AF one looks tough - but you've already done so much in such a short period of time. Kudos and well done on the tie for 1st with your church group! :clap Awesome.

My hubby was able to get me to go the distance of a half marathon in 2 months (5 years ago and slow as a snail - but still) now I'm a bit older and back to being overweight again. So if he can get me there in 3 months I will be thrilled. He's a pretty good coach! :agree

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  9. dagi

dagi Aiming high

me too! plus I'd rather love to hear all the tips and tricks from you rather than reading it in a book. not that I'd be that lazy, I just rather do things trial - error.. :D

10. dagi

dagi Aiming high

:compcoffee what a gourmet your dog is Em! :giggle

MrsEm likes this.
  11. jenn mccabe

I am day 2 Keto/Low Carb/Whatever you want to call it !! :giggle Low carb/no sugar headache is full on already! But I know it is short lived and can deal.

I did 4.8 miles - without the hubby (some coach he is!) and it was super high humidity and unpleasant. I now have the beginnings of blister on the balls of both of my feet! But I did it.

12. dagi

dagi Aiming high

way to go Jenn @jenn mccabe ♥. hope the headache goes away fast!!

I have to admit, I did break every rule today! lol but, my boy turns 10 and we had a party for him, soo :giggle. I am planning to go on keto as well. studying a bit more about it and trying to pick some recipes to start with!

jenn mccabe and Cherylndesigns like this.
  13. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Yoga practice #2, check! Today, I was wise enough to lock away the dog but I was left trying to hold boat pose with my 2 year old climbing into my lap. Current status: a sweaty heap on the couch, may never move again.

dagi likes this.
  14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Now that our move is done, the funeral trip is over, and life is on to a new normal....I'm back to my walking every day! Let's get it ladies

dagi likes this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I thought I drank enough water until I started tracking it.... tis harder than I thought. But I am doing well in the not eating after 8pm goal --- down almost 2 pounds since Monday.

jenn mccabe and dagi like this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

been there, and the pain is supposed to be worth it...lol
    woot to you and love the attitude already!
    shouting stuff right there!

LoveItScrapIt and MrsEm like this.
  17. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I need to do something so here goes:

1 - Reduce Soft drinks to 1 a day ( or none)
    2 - Drink 60 oz of water a day (or more)
    3 - At least 5,000 steps a day (or more)
    4 - Reduce the sugar intake

I have to do this in small steps or I know I will quit (or worse binge eat)

18. AnneofAlamo

oh dear Debbie!! @rdjrneace I am tickled pink you are jumping in, and I bet those soft drinks go away so fast. What is your normal steps? I don't fitbit, but am very curious to an average day.

19. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

@AnneofAlamo unfortunately I sit most of the day for my job so I am lucky if I average 3,000 steps so I am determined that I get more steps. Hopefully it cools some so I can walk at lunch. I don't like to get to sweaty and then come back to my desk but once it cools some I can walk.

20. AnneofAlamo

@rdjrneace I used to be a telephone operator (lol, long ago) for AT&T, and sitting was the norm. I got tired of the norm, and would every hour stand and walk around the area with my leash (headset on).
    Any way that could happen?