August 21 Journaling: All About Me

Discussion in 'Weekly Focus Challenges' started by Karen, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hello everyone and happy eclipse day if you’re in the US. I am here to start off another week of our Weekly Focus Challenges. For August our challenges will focus in some way on journaling. Since this week is my birthday, I thought an appropriate journaling challenge would be to journal about myself. {gasp} :giggle I know some of us are better than others at doing pages about ourselves. I love to look back at pages that I do about myself, but I very rarely take the time to make them unless it’s for a challenge like this. I do pages about the things I do with my family and my hobbies, but never just about myself and also I am very rarely in the pictures on my pages.

So, my challenge to you (and myself) is to create a page about yourself. There are only two requirements, (1) you have to include at least one photo of yourself (that was the hardest part for me) and (2) you have to include journaling about yourself. You can focus on one part of yourself, you can give a random list of things about yourself right now, you can journal about something you’d like to improve about yourself or maybe even something you already have improved about yourself. You get the point… make YOU the focus for a change. Our stories are important too!

Recap:
    Make a page about yourself
    Include a photo of yourself
    Include journaling about yourself

Here is a layout I created:

[​IMG]

Please follow the Lilypad Gallery Guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products (current or retired product from current designers; templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Karen, I love your photos so much! Your pages is gorgeous and your journaling just flows. Journaling is a real struggle for me anyway, never mind journaling about myself :backing BUT, I do think it's important to do. So I am going to do this (I am) Matt (DS) is taking a new portrait photo of me this week. So I could use that...

Karen and jenn mccabe like this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I agree ... those photos of you are gorgeous! Love this challenge and absolutely love your page! :beat

@KarenB ...can't wait to see your photo by Matt! :agree

Karen and KarenB like this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I worked on this all day, alternately with eclipse viewing (see a few pics here) and making food for kids. :)

[​IMG]

meterr, Meredith78 and Karen like this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Great job so far girls! Can't wait to see yours too @KarenB !

KarenB likes this.
  7. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Here's one that I created for the Photography challenge.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  9. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Well not ALL about me but bits and pieces.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

thank you for pushing me to scrap this time. It was very emotional and when I saw the shots my husband took...I knew this was the page for this challenge!
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

12. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

13. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

the journaling is transcribed (and improved by fixing grammar and clarifying some stuff ) Thank you so so much for this challenge!!! Taken that you are one of my most LOVED and ADmired scrappers of all, I had to make an effort, I think I overdone it LOL enjoyed making this so so much, Karen,. thank you!!!!

[​IMG]

14. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Behind on these weekly challenges, but I'll catch up!

[​IMG]