August 2018- Monthly Muse- Signs Everywhere is Signs Week 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 1, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

082018-mm.jpg

Welcome to the August Art Journaling Monthly Muse!

Muse:
    verb: to reflect deeply on something
    noun: the source of artistic inspiration

This month is gonna be all about SIGNS.

Each week we will explore different aspects of this versatile word.
    There are so many ways to use this word, so don't feel boxed in by my prompts, but try to use them a little.
    PROMPT:
    an object, quality, or event whose presence or occurrence indicates the probable presence or occurrence of something else.
    I have three areas you can choose from this week:
    Signs of Affection
    Signs of the Times
    Signs of Change

Examples:
    1. "Signs of affection"
    images.jpg cat-rex.jpg love-valentine-s-day-pose-heart.jpg
    2. "Signs of the time"

download.jpg SignsoftheTime.jpg 31746-theend630.jpg

3. "Signs of Change"
    9467397.jpg download (1).jpg

Take ONE of these prompts and let it marinate in your creativeness, then play with me!

I went with end times, as I am studying this in my own personal life:
    [​IMG]

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, but for this challenge you do need to use ONE of the prompts on your page(visually or with images). Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to August 31st and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

If you have any questions, ask away! :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    n33 and meterr like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Looks like fun Anne!

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'll have to give this challenge some serious thought, Anne. Love your example and all of your inspiration!

4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

When I saw the prompt to make a page illustrating affection, I knew just which photos I wanted to use...my DGS returning home after nearly 2 weeks away from family. His older sister and he are seldom affectionate, so this was a rare, beautiful moment.

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns, jazzmatazz and mcurtt like this.
  5. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Very interesting, Anne. All three have potential, but honestly signs of the times is so depressing that I'll rule this one out right away. :cry

Cherylndesigns, patsyt and mcurtt like this.
  6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Signs of Change
    If you think this may have something to do with my retirement on August 31, you would be right. :-)

[​IMG]

7. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

Wonderful jumping off point...this will be interesting. Love your inspiration page.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Hmmmm - I am entering the ATC division in my state fair again this year. I think this topic might work...

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  9. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Thanks for inspiring me Anne, I choose the signs of affection, for my children it's endless
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns and mcurtt like this.
  10. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

My ATC inspired by "signs of affection".

[​IMG]

A-M likes this.
  11. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

12. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

Looks like FUNNN Anne! I'll play with you!!!!! :circles:circles:circles

13. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Signs of Change - First private space flight
    [​IMG]

paula kesselring likes this.
  14. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Love The Interesting Challenge You Have Started Here...Change Has Been Everywhere In My Life Lately & So Has Been "Signs Of The Times"...So This Is The Theme That I Chose...My Theme : "The End"...I Will Explain...My 50th Birthday Is Coming Up On August 11th & My Layout Is Based Off This fact...It Is The Jumping Off Point For My Discussion : Past...Present...Future...

*The Past: Of Course It Seems Obvious What The Past Means...Reflection/Moving On Etc...But Here For Me It Means(Because Of My Birthday Coming Up Next Week)...That Another Year Has Gone By For Me...A Year Of Ups & Downs & It Seems A Lots More Downs Than Ups..So The Tears Relate To That Fact But They Also Relate To Some Tears Of Joy In Knowing That I Have Come Along Way From Where I Was In A Lot Of Aspects & I How I Have Accomplished A Lot Despite The "Downs"...It's Also About Moving On...Mourning The Past & Being "Present" In The Now...Hence My Next Segway:

*The Present:I'll Start Out By Saying That The Tears Are For Our Dear Dawn Who Just Passed Away Recently Who We All Are Mourning Right Now But Also The Fact That My Birthday Is Next Week...So The "Present" Once Again & Tears Of Reflection & Perhaps Promise...But Also Weighing Heavy On My Mind Is The Upcoming Anniversary of My Mom's Death...It Is In A Few Weeks...So Tears For Another Year Going By That She Has Passed & Another Year I Have Gone Through Without Her But There Is Also Tears Of Joy For All The Wonderful Memories I Have Of Her & The Times We Spent Together & Tears For How Much I Miss Her...There Are Tears For Dawn...Tears For My Mom & Tears That Another Year Has Gone By & I Feel I Haven't Really Accomplished My Goals...So Many Goals & So Many Difficulties Right Now In Particular That I Am Struggling With...Hence My Next Segway:

*The Future:There Are Tears Of Fear & Struggle For Me Up Ahead...Eventhough I Remain Optimistic For The Future...You Have To Have Hope Or You Are Going Nowhere Fast...My Future Right Now Is Full Of Tears Of Joy,Tears Of Sadness,Tears Of Reflection,Tears Of Hope,Tears Of The Unknown But We Must All Find A Way To Move Forward In Our Lives Despite The Many Difficulties Now & Up Ahead...I Guess Without Struggle There Is No Resolution...So With An Ever So Slight Optimism & Love Of My Family...I Tread Ever So Slowly Or Perhaps Limp Slowly Towards The Future With An Air Of Optimism Trying To Put All The Tears Of The Past,Present & Future Behind Me & Into Perspective...Hence The "End" But Yet Hopefully A New Beginning For The Future...

*I Also Chose Specific Colors For This Layout/Challenge...The Black & Grey Represent The Angst & Struggle Of Life...Sadness/Conflict/Upheaval/Grief Etc...Perhaps The Blue Color Is Obvious...Blue Meaning Sadness At Times In Life But Blue Is Also One Of My Favorite Colors & Represents Happiness Too...A Blue Sky...My Favorite Denim Jacket...A Favorite Piece Of Jewellery Etc...Orange Is Also One Of My Favorite Colors & To Me Represents Positivity,Happiness & Reflection...Orange Can Also Represent The Past For Some...A Color Of All Things Vintage...Perhaps Sentimental Times & Of Course The Obvious One...The Fall Is Coming Ever So Soon & That Means That Summer Will Be Ending Soon & Orange Will Be Everywhere...Fall Is My Favorite Time Of The Year So I Am Ready For This...Bring On The Orange!...I Am Ready!...*

*For My EMotional Layout-I Used*

*Explore-M3 Papers-Lynne-Marie
    *Journey-M3-Mixed Bag-Lynne-Marie
    *Heartsong-Collab-For Dawn-The Lilypad
    *Everly Art Dolls/Aspen Dolls & Closet/Lilian/Summer Solstice-Rebecca McMeen
    *Autumn & It Was Worth It-Dawn Inskip
    *Hand-Drawn Watercolor Butterflies-Knopazyzy(1 Item Used)
    *In The Garden-Snips & Snails(1 Item Used)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I took this picture of the sunset the evening that my grandson Asher was born. I was so awed by the magnificence and had to stop the car and take a photo. Of course, we were all exhausted - it had been a long and tough few days, so when I saw this, I was so moved! I remember (seven years ago) exactly how I felt looking at this. I believed it was a sign even that night - I have used it as a "sign of affection" - a sign of great things to come. That little boy has been such a blessing!

[​IMG]

16. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

[​IMG]
    Using M3 1807 and all of the AddOns (such gorgeous colors!)

17. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Mine isn't art journaling this time. But as soon as I saw "Signs of Affection" I wanted to scrap this one. So that's where the Muse led me!

[​IMG]

18. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fun challenge Anne, you got my mojo going again.

[​IMG]

19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Week 1 - Leap of Faith to change ATC
    [​IMG]

20. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

So thrilled to be back participating in the Monthly Muse!!
    Mine is signs of Affection-in my neck of the woods (literally) you gotta be creative! :giggle:giggle:giggle
    [​IMG]