August 2017 Project Pages

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by RebeccaH, Aug 6, 2017.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Chugging right along...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

I have to get back to my project life. Last year I did it in a traditional way and this year I can not. I started, but the result, I do not like. I feel like I do not have enough pictures. I would have to try digital.

RebeccaH likes this.
  3. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

@GwenCreative I tried traditional Project Life once, as well... I was so sure that I wanted to do traditional spreads in a 3-ring binder so that I could add other items to it. It turned out that it took me WAY too long, and it was huge and bulky. In all honesty, I am hoping to be able to go back and redo it digitally at some point.
    I hope that you find a style and approach that works for you! It really is a great project, even if you only have a few photos, it's worth doing!

GwenCreative likes this.
  4. Rovanice

Rovanice Active Member

I started with the first year of my twins in the traditional way and I'm still at week 9. This year we planned to move so I thought: this year I'm going to do it digital and next year the traditional way again. But you are so right, it takes to long, digital is so much easier and it is so much easier to combine elements because you can use them over and over again. So now I'm in doubt to keep doing it like this and use the papers only for some fun pages. I'm hooked on digital pocket pages!

Last week I received my first book! I'm so proud I did it! I found some mistakes in it (mostly text fails that belong to my daughter and are in my sons book) but still, I did it!
    Photobooks.jpg

5. Rovanice

Rovanice Active Member

I'm working on the second book and I'm working on August. I'm behind but try to keep track on the current weeks.

BinnenwerkJavi_2017_week32-1.jpg

BinnenwerkJavi_2017_week32-2.jpg

BinnenwerkJavi_2017_week32-3-1.jpg

BinnenwerkJavi_2017_week32-3-2.jpg

6. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

@Rovanice I'm super impressed you're not just making 1, but 2 albums. The personalized albums for your children will be such an amazing thing to look at when they're older!

Are you also making a family album?

7. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I started a new project yesterday, a travel album from a trip to London in 1994 for which I am scanning in all the photos and ephemera (I keep travel diaries wherever I go which comes in handy now). For things I have no photo of I am using stock photos (not on these two, but on later pages).

Here are the first two pages

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tkradtke

I LOVE these pages!!! I'll definitely be following along as you work on your album! We just booked a family trip to London and Paris for over the Thanksgiving holiday.... can't wait! I'm looking for a travel diary to keep notes in... and a way to keep my ephemera organized.

9. Rikki

I started travel diaries in 1980 and have done it ever since. It is so great to go through them and relive the trips. Of course back then I was relying on ephemera and postcards as I did it on the go. Nowadays the possibilities are endless. I hope you will post a few pictures of your diaries once you are back.

10. tkradtke

What special treasures those are for you! I wish I would have done that. I did do a version of this back when I blogged, I would blog the details of each day while on a trip (without photos) so I would have the information for later. I really appreciate having those details now.

You're so right... the possibilities are endless now! That's part of the problem :giggle I have done travel journals two different ways lately and I like them both for different reasons. One I did more "smash book" style... just writing in a journal and gluing photos (I used an instax printer on the trip) and ephemera in as we went. The other I did in a 6x8 snap album after I was home. I have another two Snap albums to finish. I do like the look of the snap albums the best and I like that my ephemera is more intact in order to scan it in later if I wanted to... but I don't like waiting until I get home to work on it. And the smash book style album got to be too much stuff to drag out each night of the trip. I'm going to work on marrying the two together... work on a snap album while on the trip. Like maybe a strict diary notebook to write in daily and a mini accordion file to keep the paper stuff organized. Then maybe on the long plane ride home, I'll start laying things out and transferring journaling to some journal cards I've pre-printed. (Those links go to my blog which is completely neglected and sad looking!)

11. Rikki

@tkradtke I like the look of both. I don't know exactly what a snap album is but it looks like a PL album to me or at least very similar. Not sure what I would prefer though.
    What I also really liked in order to keep ephemera intact but at the same time keep them where they belong is a paper bag album. It is so fun and just so nice to make your own album from scratch.

tkradtke likes this.
  12. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

You are totally right, the traditional takes a lot of time and is really very bulky, especially if you want to put thick embellishments. So, I think that digital is more sympathetic. Plus, when I see your album print, I love it.

It will therefore be necessary that I continue my files with my photos to make my pages.

RebeccaH likes this.
  13. tkradtke

Almost done with May... almost.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

Thanks to you I managed to catch up my delay in the sorts of my photos. Result, I'll be able to start. I gathered two weeks almost every time, because I did not have enough pictures.

15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Here's August so far. I'm feeling very blah about PL. I think maybe it's because I'm not taking very many everyday photos anymore so when I do PL & my regular pages, there's lots of overlap and makes PL feel like duplicating work I've already done. I will finish this year since I have more than half of the year done but I don't know if I will continue in 2018. Maybe if I can upgrade my phone by then...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    cookingmylife likes this.
  16. tkradtke

I've made it to June!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cookingmylife and Rovanice like this.
  17. Rovanice

Rovanice Active Member

Thanks! I think they have to share already a lot so I wanted to give them their own album. My parents always made me and my brother our own album so I wanted to do the same for my kids. I'm not making a family album because I always forget to make pictures from my own life next to kids so I have nothing to show. Therefore my husband doesn't like to make pictures so it's already hard to have him make pictures of me and the children together. Maybe I want to try to make a family album next year, but then I will only make that one, it's already hard to keep up with these two.

berniek and GwenCreative like this.
  18. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

@Rovanice
    I think it would be interesting for your children to have a family album to see how their parents' lives were around them. Habits of the house, friends, the environment simply.

berniek likes this.
  19. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

This happens to me EVERY single time! I always find mistakes - typos, or even huge misspellings in the main title of a page. *sigh* I figure, no one's perfect, and I let it go. :)

By the way, your album covers are ADORABLE! congrats on getting them done!

Rovanice and GwenCreative like this.
  20. Rikki

Next page for my London 1994 album. I am on a roll right now.

[​IMG]

GwenCreative likes this.