Attire?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by neenee, Oct 1, 2014.

1. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

So, if you are a full time stay at home Mommy/wife....what do you wear around the house all day? Do you put on "real" clothes or do you lounge in your pajamas?

I am a pajama kind of girl myself. Every once in awhile, I will put on some "real" clothes just because it helps me be motivated to actually get up and do the things I need to. But, I love my jammies.....sometimes I have pajamas on for days in a row! :giggle Of course, I switch them out so I always have clean ones on. :giggle

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

add in homeschooling momma...ugly! lol
    actually I walk at 5am, so I have yoga pants and comfy shirt!

3. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Hehe, I love wearing pyjama's at home. But when it's 11 am, I feel guilty and get clothes on. Well, this is of course in the weekend. In the week, I need to go to work and they wouldn't appreciate me wearing pyjama's!

4. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I'm a stay at home wife/mom/grandma. I am out by 5:30 everyday to workout though, so exercise clothes for that. When I come home I'm pretty much dripping in sweat, so I shower and put on either cropped jeans and a t-shirt, or sometimes a summer soft cotton dress when it's hot. Winter time it will be jeans and sweaters. I'd have to be sick in bed to wear jammies all day. For some reason I can't do anything but sleep or read when I wear them! LOL I even have to change out of them if I'm just going to be cleaning house.

5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

ha! i consider jeans "getting dressed up". i wear them to run errands and go out but hate having them on for too long when i am home and know that i am staying home for the rest of the day. i love to wear comfy sweats or yoga pants all day and then also to bed, bc i don't really own real PJs. of course if i run or workout ... i change to a different pair of sweats/yoga pants after my shower.

6. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

I stay in pajamas. I get dressed to leave the house but back to comfy clothes when I get home.

7. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I have to actually get dressed (jeans/nice-ish shirt) and do my hair & make-up every day in order to be productive. I stay at home and homeschool, but I cannot get anything done if I'm not dressed. I've tried dong the yoga pants thing, but then I just feel ick all day.

8. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm a "jeans and a nice shirt" girl. Except for a few weekends when the whole family is being lazy, I'm usually dressed in jeans within an hour of getting up. Makeup is another story; if I bother with it, that's when I consider myself dressed up.

9. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

I don't work from home, but on the weekend it is not rare to find me still in my pjs at 3pm!

10. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Depends on the day for me. If I'm really not doing anything all day, I'll stay in pajamas. On days that I run I change into running clothes at some point and hang out in those until my schedule opens up a bit and I head out. And on days I have someplace to be, I usually get dressed and do hair and makeup after an hour or two at my desk. Otherwise I'll find myself scrambling at the last minute.

I'm probably at least 40% pajamas, though. And in the middle of winter when I try not to go anywhere, that number probably jumps to 60%.

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

If I was a stay at home mom, I'm pretty sure you'd have to pry me out of my PJs. :)

12. katieFLapple

katieFLapple Active Member

I'm a SAHM with a four month old, so I am usually wearing yoga pants and a nursing tank. Sometimes I get really fancy wear jeans, lol. For school drop off, I throw a tshirt over my tank. I always have these aspirations about starting to dress nicely, and then the baby spits up or the 2 year old smears peanut butter on me, and I realize I am dressed perfectly for my "job"!

13. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

I'm not a stay at home mom but I do only work 10 hours so most of my time is here but I always get dressed even on weekends,I just can't stay in my pyjamas,when we was little and lived at home we was never allowed to my dad had us up washed and dressed so think old habits stay with you,so first thing I do now is wash dress clean teeth and I feel good for the day,on the other side tho my kids will stay in there's for days if they could

14. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I'm a SAHM, but I can not remember the last time I went a whole day without leaving the house. So, I'm always dressed. lol

15. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I am ashamed to say how much I wear my pj's. My pj's are probably better than my regular clothes. I really should do better but I 've been saying I would for years now and…. welllll……yeah.

16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have to wear "real" clothes 6 days a week because of school dropoff & pickup and church. I occasionally have a jammie Saturday if we are just hanging around the house, but not often.

17. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I'm not a morning person, so it often takes me until 10 or 11 am or even noon, but I always eventually get dressed! lol

18. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

first thing I do when I come home from work is throw on yoga pants/t-shirt or my comfy sweats. Weekends are definitely yoga pants/comfy sweats if I don't have to go out.

19. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I change clothes all day long. :)
    I wake up and get dressed in order to take the littles to school. I learned that lesson the hard way. I used to drop them off in pajamas/robe. We were running late one morning and they closed the drop-off line before we were able to "drop off" and I had to go in the school in pajamas to sign my kids tardy release. :O Not fun!
    :giggle
    So I usually dress then take them to school. I come home and change into comfy clothes, not jammies, but nothing I would wear to the store our out in public. Then I change back into "street clothes" to pick up the kids and for any errands I may run before dinner. Then I change again when we are back home, and finally one more change into jammies for bed.