Are you caught up?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2019' started by elseepe, Jan 12, 2019.

1. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I was getting behind this week (I figured that would happen with work), but this morning I've wrapped up and posted everything up to today's (12)! :circles

I know I'll get behind again during the week. My strategy is to at least start the day's challenge each evening when I get home. What's your strategy for finishing up MOC?

2. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

yes! I just have to work on today's still (had to work this morning which is NOT normal for SAT and have 2 basketball games this afternoon). I had to stay caught up because I'll be gone from the 17-21 making more memories to scrap :)

My strategy is to check the challenge every morning at work so I can digest it and then try to start it when I get off work at 2pm. :)

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Sounds like a good strategy Lisa! When I did all of the MOC's previously, when I worked, I would try and do a page before I went to work. If I couldn't I got the challenge info in the morning and I would give some thought to the challenge during the day so after dinner I could have fun and scrap it :) Scrapping MOC is a lot of fun. It is like opening up a present every morning.. what are we going to create today ?! It is a great way to get the MoJo going too!

Yay on catching up too Lisa!

4. michelepixels

michelepixels Enrolling at Starfleet Academy

I check the forum every morning, just about first thing. Often that's on my phone before I even get up. Usually I can't scrap for a while though, but at least I'm informed what the challenge is and can think about it. Then I scrap as soon as I can. So far this year I've gotten every page done on the day it was assigned.

But it's not absolutely necessary to scrap daily. I went on vacation for a week near the beginning of MOC6, far away from any way to scrap. I caught up the weekend after I returned home.

5. Eyeore

Eyeore Think it over, think it under

Yes, only have today's to do.

elseepe and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

Yes! I am going away next week for four days. That's my plan … to check it every day and think about it. I might take my computer and scrap a little in the evenings even if I can't upload anything. I am really enjoying this year's MOC!

elseepe and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, I just joined Thursday (or was it Wednesday???) and figured it would take me a couple weeks to catch up. Today Challenge 12 was added and I am done from Challenge 1 to 10!! Two more to do today and I am caught up!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! Then I gotta go and leave LOTS of lovin' on these awesome layouts I am seeing!!!

AJK, elseepe, bestcee and 1 other person like this.
  8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Yes, I'm caught up. I have today's to work on after I take a look at all the updates in the challenge threads. I check each night to see if the new challenge has been posted. (I'm a night owl so sometimes they have been.) If not, I check first thing in the morning. Sometimes I know exactly what I'm going to do so I get started scrapping right away. Other times, I do other work while I mull over the challenge. Sometimes letting the ideas simmer is the best way to go.

elseepe likes this.
  9. janedee

janedee I like to play with really old stuff

I just got back from a three day getaway so I'm a little behind but I'm dedicating the weekend to catching up!!!

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic College was bad for my reputation

This is exactly what I do. I did get a day behind because I had some other stuff come up this week, but I'm all caught up again :)

elseepe and tinkerbell1112 like this.
  11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

This is the first year that I've participated since being retired and not having company around or being out of town. I'm one of those scary people who wake around 3 or 4 in the a.m., even now. And for the prior three years, if the challenge was posted, I'd try to get a start on it before I left for work at 7:30 a.m. And then I'd think about it during the day, visualizing what I wanted to do with it, or if it was good to go, and then post in the evening when I got home. Last year, I was out of town for 5 or 6 days in January (toward the beginning of the month). I'd check the challenges and try to come up with a plan. Actually, that worked quite well. Having an idea of what photo(s) you want to use is most of the battle, at least for me.

12. cfile

THIS Marilyn.. LOL 6 years after retiring and I am still up every day at 3 or 4... My body clock after all those years cannot "un-routine" itself so a lot of times in the morning we are in the gallery at the same time :) Hugs my friend!!!

mcurtt likes this.
  13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

LOL. Yep, I agree. When I'm up, I'll often check the forum and see your postings. Kindred spirits. My DH thinks I'm nuts, can't understand why I don't sleep.

cfile likes this.
  14. cfile

My Hubby is up with me.. after all it is because of him this happened to me.. LOL when we got married he was in the Army and had to be up at O Dark 30 and we never changed.. LOL

mcurtt likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

This is so true for me!

I am behind right now. But I have photos picked out for Days 5-10. So, I just need to sit and scrap.

mcurtt likes this.
  16. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom Practically Perfect in Every Way

Nope. I'm 4 behind. I told myself I wouldn't get behind, but I can't think of what to do for the layouts. I just finished to day's challenge, so I'm off to figure out another one. Maybe doing 2 pages a day for the next few days will get me caught up!

elseepe likes this.
  17. tkradtke

tkradtke Why is my butt cold and wet?

I've been behind this whole week. I got my new computer on Tuesday and it took some time to transfer things over and then I was dreading learning PSCC (so I saved the template challenge to work on for my first page, because I thought it would be a good one to learn the program on). But, I'm close to being caught up at the moment... I have yesterday and today to do.

elseepe likes this.
  18. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

well, if I stopped looking at all the gorgeousness in the gallery and started scrapping, I'd be caught up! :giggle I'm working on today's challenge--it's the only one I have to do. I've got PS open to a blank canvas and now I need to find the Right Photo. :)

bestcee likes this.
  19. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

I'm pretty behind! Every January I also do a 30 days of yoga challenge so I'm already dedicating an hour of my time everyday on the mat PLUUUSSSS we homeschool and our new school year starts in January. This year my husband is also going to school so I'm short a couple of hands many days/evenings even when he isn't at work. It is a crazy crazy month.

I'm trying to do 1 page during naptime (baby sleeps, big boys play quietly in separate rooms) 4 days a week. On Wednesdays my husband takes all the boys to swim class and I stay home so I'm trying to bang out 2 to 3 layouts during that time.

I LOVE starting my year this way. I feel like I'm setting my year up properly. Begin as you mean to go on, right?

bestcee and ashleywb like this.
  20. Pachimac

Pachimac Shhhh! You're disturbing the books

I was until I couldn’t scrap today. I’m hoping to get it done tonight.

elseepe likes this.