April Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'April 2018 Challenges' started by londoncuppa, Mar 30, 2018.

1. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Welcome to April’s Photography Challenge! I had so much fun hosting the Focus Challenge and Index-Card-A-Day Challenge during last summer’s Christmas in July Extravaganza, and I’m beyond thrilled to be back hosting another challenge for my fellow Pad peeps.

The theme of this month’s challenge is BEFORE and AFTER. So many things in our lives go through a daily transformation, and we rarely give it much thought. A handful of beans and plain water coming out of the kitchen tap (BEFORE) become that glorious pot of coffee that gets me through my day (AFTER). Thank goodness!

When I wake up in the morning, my face is pretty darn scary (BEFORE). My makeup table has become my best friend as I’ve gotten older, and Father Time has become my enemy. After my makeup has done its magic, my face has been transformed into something that will no longer scare small children (AFTER). The other day I told my husband that one day they’ll probably find us buried under piles of dirty laundry (BEFORE). If I ever find time to get all my laundry done, that would be an AFTER. Are you getting the idea?

In my sample layout, I’ve scrapped roses my husband gave me for my birthday (ALIVE=BEFORE). I didn’t want to throw them out, so I cut and dried them out after they met the Grim Reaper (DRIED OUT=AFTER).

[​IMG]

Here are a few more ideas to get you going:

RECIPE INGREDIENTS > PREPARED MEAL
    PREGNANCY PHOTO > PHOTO OF MOM & BABY TOGETHER POST-CHILDBIRTH
    ART SUPPLIES > FINISHED ARTWORK
    WALLET WITH MONEY (PRE-SHOPPING) > WALLET THAT IS EMPTY (POST-SHOPPING)
    DIRTY CAR (PRE-WASH) > CLEAN CAR (POST-WASH)

So, here is your challenge. You must create a layout using a minimum of 2 photos. One of these photos must represent your subject in its BEFORE state, and the other photo must represent your subject in its AFTER state. You can have as many photos on your layout as you’d like, as long as these requirements are met. You can use older photos.

The Pad is such a creative community, and I know your layouts are going to be amazing. I can’t wait to see what BEFORE and AFTER ideas all of you come up with once you put your thinking caps on! Just remember our monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product (templates count as 15%). Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the April Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Zeneva, Cherylndesigns, Ga_L and 4 others like this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

3. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Lots of ideas for this one. Does the time span between the "before" and the "after" matter? I have some remodel photos that are 8 months apart so it took a while from the "before" to the "after."

4. londoncuppa

The time between the before and after doesn’t matter. I think your idea is great. I’d love to see your remodeling project.

5. Zeneva

Zeneva Active Member

This is a challenge - but I think I have my idea! This is fun. Thank you!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    londoncuppa likes this.
  6. londoncuppa

Can't wait to see what you come up with, Zeneva!

7. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Too bad I did my hair yesterday LOL!

[​IMG]

8. londoncuppa

Timmi-you know how much I love and admire you and your work. I’m so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. You are an amazing woman, both inside and out!

jesskab likes this.
  9. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

10. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

What a great challenge! I made a cake for my boys last week, I took a picture of how they looked after baking & filling and the final decorated result. Does that count as a before and after @londoncuppa?

11. londoncuppa

As long as you have a photo of the cake (or ingredients) before the final decorated product, it will work. There just needs to be 2 pics - a BEFORE and AFTER, and it sounds like you do. I can’t wait to see your decorated cake!

I admire people that can do that. I took classes and tried to learn. I never could get the roses right. I think it’s because I’m left-handed, and the teachers are always right-handed.

12. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

I'm right handed, so I can't tell you, I love to make roses, especially peony's
    Here's my page, not roses but super Mario for my boys

[​IMG]

andastra, Buffini, Genniejoy and 2 others like this.
  13. londoncuppa

Wow!!! I’m blown away by your talent!! Your boys must have loved this. Super impressive! There’s no end to your skills, Annemieke! Thanks so much for playing in my challenge! :heartlub

P.S. Peonies are my all-time favorite flower. Love them so much!

14. londoncuppa

This is great. Your room transformation looks fantastic! My living room is currently close to your “before” color, and we’ve been thinking seriously about repainting. You’ve given me some ideas. Love your page. Thanks for playing!!!

15. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Thanks For The Before & After Challenge!...Not Something That I Would Have Thought Of To Scrap About...Sometimes When It Rains Softly...It Feels Like A Little Bit Of A Cleansing Of The World Or Nature Especially In The Spring When Fresh,New & Bright Flowers Are Starting To Blossom & Bloom...The Before Picture In My Layout Is Some Fresh & Pretty Bleeding Hearts While It's Raining Ever So Softly Upon Them & The 2nd Pic Is The After Picture Taken A Little Bit Closer Upon An After Inspection Of These Beautiful Flowers...I Enjoyed Making This Layout Eventhough It Took Me A Lot Longer To Make This Than First Thought About...I Love Working With Photos & Applying Effects & Testing Out Recoloring Techniques & Adding/Removing Saturation Etc...I Worked On These Photos For Quite Sometime To Get Them Exactly The Way I Wanted Them To Look & I Worked Extensively With Many Paper Background Applications To Make My Final Background Removing & Adding Papers Along The Way...I Used A Separate Photo That I Placed Behind The Other 2 Pictures To Achieve The Cascading Out From Behind-Look & I Even Extracted 3 Extra Individual Bleeding Hearts Flowers To Add Some Perspective To The Final Layout...I Like The Softness Of The Way The Photos Look With All The Heart Inspired Extras Applied To Finish The Layout...

*For My Bleeding Love Layout-I Used*

*Puppy Love-Pink Reptile Designs
    *For Peep's Sake/Hippity Hoppity/Pea In A Pod & Happy Easter-Add-On Papers-All By Kristin Aagard
    *Rosaleen-Watercolor Clipart-AnnelyBlooms(1 Element)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    londoncuppa and fanon like this.
  16. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

17. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

Here is my page:

[​IMG]

Mylinn, jesskab and londoncuppa like this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Lila's 2nd Birthday cake. DIL made the cake- she is so talented![​IMG]

Mylinn and londoncuppa like this.
  19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

20. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Here is my before and after at the banquet hall. When I got there, I had expected that the tables and chairs would have all been in place so I could start setting tables and decorating. Yeah----surprise!!!!!! And, WOW, those tables are heavy!!!!!

[​IMG]

jesskab and londoncuppa like this.