APRil FIT - DO SOMETHING! I did! I did! feels so darn good.

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Apr 12, 2016.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

on the 21st of March, I got on the scale and hit a high that made me cry!
    I wrote down these words in purple too:

DO SOMETHING

and I got up and walked that day. I have gone almost everyday and
    today I went even in the rain!!
    I am all jazzed and have lost 14 pounds over the past 3 weeks!
    It is coming off fast cause I went back to gluten free and NO sugar!
    woot, and
    zero headaches
    no sleepless nights ! I actually am sleeping 8-10 hours! lol
    I have another 20# to get back to my goal weight -where I was for a couple years, then got lazy and undisciplined. I want to live without pain and be able to kneel and get back up!
    I go to California (just me) to relax and be pampered by my parents in 100 days. That 20 pounds is not going with me! lol
    So I am here to encourage those that are wanting too, but need some oomph!
    WE can do this!

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I'm doing something, too. still running. started over with my 10K trainer. :)

Scrapping with Liz and rchansen like this.
  3. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

What a great post Anne!! 14 pounds in 3 weeks is awesome...congrats!!

I do okay with the exercise but I am struggling with the diet. I am not a big fan of veggies and have a hard time working them into my diet. I could eat the same thing day after day but hubby and daughter would get bored with chicken, green beans and mashed red potatoes every day. Do we have a discussion for recipes or meals? I'm off to look...

Keep it up Anne!! Your post was very motivational. We got this!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Way to go Anne!

I too am interested in getting some recipes for eating healthier, so I can sleep and feel better. What have you been eating and how far do you walk each day?

5. AnneofAlamo

I walk 1.5 miles. The first half is almost straight up! lol it feels like it! The first week was torment, but now I am moving.

I love taking a round steak and slicing real thin (sometimes you can even get it cut that way). I fill a bowl 1/4 with soy sauce, and then use Splenda about 1 cup, a few splashes of olive oil, a glop of garlic (minced) and ton of pepper. Marinade this for a day or two. Skewer on metal spikes for shish ka bob. it is officially Korean Bulgogi . I make vegi ka bobs too! I just replace the sugar with Splenda to taste!

I also love zuchini and squash and tomatos all sauteed together! Pop some cheese on the top and let it melt and pure awesome!

I love eggs, chicken anyway and don't count sauces. If they have a lot of sugar, I will handmake something else!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Wow - way to go Anne. DH and I have started walking too. Hopefully we can see some similar results.

7. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

GULP. My conscience just yelled at me. I'm 15 lbs from my 9 months ready to give birth weight...and feeling hopeless to ever get it back off again. Just walking kills my back. I really need to do something.

8. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Wow great job Anne. That is the way I'm going to as well. I love the sauted veggies too (except I haven't used tomatos so I'll have to try that). Would love to see ideas for how to eat. As I was driving to the Dr's today I was figuring out what I had in the house to eat until payday (just a few days). SO I think I'm ready.
    Hi Susan I don't think we've met. Have you tried a back belt when you walk? That has helped me. My physical therapist wants me to start water walking which might help you too?

9. AnneofAlamo

I so hope this isn't graphic...but when we are blessed in our weight and begin walking, you want to make sure you powder and lube areas. lol Seriously there is some friction happening, am I right!? when I was at 270...it was the worst.Thighs, butt cheeks and the neither regions! bhahhwhaha But be aware...walk small distance. First time I was all motivated, and thank God I had my phone, I was on the curb crying. I could not make it home.
    I used a stick back then, and when my feet start hurting, I know it is time for NEW shoes. They are taking a pounding from the PSI, I would put on them. Don't be cheap for your feet!
    I like the thought of a back belt too @carilyne

AllisonPennington likes this.
  10. carilyne

Very good reminder Anne. Hoping to get to that much walking, much think I'm going to check out the local gym for water walking first. But the idea of a swimsuit is not making me very excited.

11. klee73010

My sister was diagnosed diabetic, and once she gave up milk, she started losing weight. I only say this to remind us all that every body is different and does not react the same to the foods. You really have to know your body, but as a pretty safe bet, no one put on all the weight by eating copious amounts of vegetables. ;)

Can I also suggest pico de gallon... well, "gallo" really, but I could eat a good mix by the gallon. Tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeño, or a milder pepper, or no pepper. All "real" ingredients.

Oh, that is the other tidbit I have to share. I saw this on a friend's Facebook recently (she is actually doing something like Raw diet, or... idk "Motiv8 America " or something.) But anyway, it's "Count ingredients, not calories!" And I thought, that seems about right, to me. At least what I have in my head for what is "healthy".

If you follow Gina (Gina Miller Designs ) on Instagram, she posts many of her paleo meals. They look delicious!

@AnneofAlamo do you use "body glide"? Something I heard of many years ago but never tried. I rub deodorant on my thighs and under my boobs. Stops some of the rubbing, and some of the sweaty heat rashes I get. :/

Okay, enough rants from me.

12. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

Over the past couple years I've gained about 50 pounds. (I thought, honestly, that I'd gained over a hundred. I was terrified to weigh myself but I knew I had to know exactly where I was starting... the good news was that I weighed more that 50 lbs less than I thought - bad news is I still have to lose 50 lbs) It's been a constant source of sadness and embarrassment. Anyways, I saved up for the Total Gym for a few months and finally ordered it earlier this year and jumped into the new Weight Watchers program last Sunday. So far so good - I have yet to go over points or starve. I miss my morning coffee how I like it but found a workaround (concentrated creamer is WAY less points).

Oh, and it's taken me weeks to get through 3 full sets of the gym but yesterday I finally made it through (and again today).

(and WTG Anne!!!)

rchansen and klee73010 like this.
  13. AnneofAlamo

yeah, I am doing the Anne of Alamo paleo/Atkins diet with exercise! I feel like a Chemist, making wild breads with eggs, cream cheese and cream of tarter, and ricing cauliflower like a mad woman! I am determined, and that to me is the toughest part, it is more than well, darn I got fat again, it is I AM DONE with this and doing something...bhha
    and @AllisonPennington , YOU can DO it! I can hear the determination in your words!
    @klee73010 I am talking about my booty! lol and thighs...when you carry all that extra weight in the hips, and you start moving and moving a bit quicker for longer amounts of time...OUUUUUChie! lol I use A&D ointment! the bomb! I also have to come home and even if I feel like I didn't sweat, I must take a shower AS soon as Possible!! Keeps my skin ALL over happier! bhahhaha

AllisonPennington likes this.
  14. klee73010

you could still put the ointment/deodorant/etc. there, too. :giggle

15. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Woohoo way to go Anne! Keep your motivation going and remember .......

[​IMG]

and everything is going to be ok!!!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

17. carilyne

One week in. Nine pound down. Mostly focusing on sugar and lower carbs. Will have to work exercise slowly back in because of my stupid knee. I'm kind of in a slump -- not sure if it's energy and I'm not eating enough or if it's from counseling. Apt to be more about counseling. So after a run to the bank I'm scraplifting for a while. Or working on my "painting" from M3.

18. carilyne

@AnneofAlamo have you tried Gold Bond Powder for the chafing? MAGIC for me

19. AnneofAlamo

the chafing on my legs is done woot! I do use a&d for the inside..(eep) but the more I lose, the less I use!
    I do love Gold Bond powder and lotion! yep and thank you

20. carilyne

Just making sure I passed along that gem -- nothing works better for me. But I haven't tried A&D for that.