April BYOC Challenge

Discussion in 'April 2021 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Apr 1, 2021.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

Hello and welcome to one of my favorite times of the month…the BYOC release from the Lilypad's Designers! I’m happy to host this month’s BYOC challenge, which just happens to have one of the most gorgeous color palettes for some incredibly amazing collections from our designers!

BYOC = Build Your Own Collab. Each month, our Lilypad Designers create a set of products that come from the same color palette, so that no matter what elements or papers you choose, they will all coordinate! I love this month’s offerings and am excited to welcome in the spring season and document it with this month’s BYOC.

The BYOC challenge rules are very simple: create a layout using at least 90% of this month’s BYOC from a minimum of 3 different designers.

Here is my layout using April 2021 BYOC products from 4 different designers: Sahin Designs, NBK Design, Designed by Soco and Just Jaimee:

aprbyoc6web.jpg

I enjoyed this collection so much that I made a couple more layouts for this challenge! I love how the products all coordinate from designer to designer, but yet you can still have very different looks with each layout created. Here is one I made using the April 2021 BYOC products from Scrapping with Liz, Just Jaimee, Gina Miller, & NBK Designs:

aprbyoc2web.jpg

And another one I created using the collections from Scrapping with Liz, Just Jaimee, and Designed by Soco:

aprbyoc4web.jpg

As a reminder for the BYOC challenge: your page must contain at least 90% current April 2021 BYOC from at least 3 designers. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the April Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad. The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with this month's BYOC!

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@lcpereyra or @mrs2a50 I have a question....think I have a feeling I know the answer.

Knowing that templates usually count for 15%, if I was to use a non April BYOC template but everything else from three or more designers from the April BYOC, the layout wouldn’t qualify for this challenge would it? I have a feeling I’m 5% out.

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Correct

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Thanks, back to the drawing board then! Better to find out now than later though

5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

6. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Love this challenge. Here's mine.

[​IMG]

trekmom likes this.
  7. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

0402-TLP-BYOC.jpg

little butterfly wings
    designed by soco
    awolff

trekmom likes this.
  8. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

[​IMG]
    Fiddle Dee Dee- CheeryDD- template https://the-lilypad.com/store/Cheery-Dressed-Down-Digital-Scrapbook-Template.html
    Just Jaimee- Poppy- all papers, paint, foliage, thread, clouds, wordart https://the-lilypad.com/store/Storyteller-BYOC-2021-April-Poppy.html
    Kristin Aagard- Earth Friendly-Elements- cardboard alpha(included in elements pack), round tag (for journaling) https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-pack-earth-friendly-elements.html
    Sahin Designs- Here and Now- elements- wordart, flower, hearts, label http://the-lilypad.com/store/Here-and-Now-Elements-SD.html
    Kim Jensen- Dino-Riffic- elements- paint https://the-lilypad.com/store/Dino-Riffic-Elements.html
    Font: AA Typewriter

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    trekmom likes this.
  9. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

my page [ pink reptile designs, designed by soco, nbk, design ]

[​IMG]

trekmom and dotcomkari like this.
  10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I used BYOC products from Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs, Amy Wolff and Just Jaimee.

[​IMG]

trekmom likes this.
  11. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Gorgeous colors;

[​IMG]

used NBK, Sahin Design, Little Butterfly Wings and Rachel Jefferies

trekmom likes this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

13. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

[​IMG]
    I used SwL, Soco, Rachel Jeffries and NBK Design. All BYOC

14. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

15. BLKinOR

BLKinOR Well-Known Member

16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I used Fiddle-Dee-Dee, Pink Reptile Designs, Sahin Designs and Designed by Soco

[​IMG]

17. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

California BYOC March Challenge.jpg
    I used 3 designer's kits from the April BYOC: A Wolff: Amelia's Room. Allison Pennington In the Air Spring Fever and SoCo Fresh Air.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  18. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  19. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

20. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member