Anyone thinking of doing P365 or P52 for 2012?

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by AlliJ2008, Nov 21, 2011.

1. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

I tried P365 in 2010 and failed miserably. I just couldn't keep up. I did a P52 for 2011 and it was much more manageable. I am trying to decide what to do for 2012. I would love to combine one of these with project life somehow so that it isn't 2 projects but just one. So I am thinking of maybe making project life a weekly thing to go along with P52.

What are you girls planning?

2. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this, too. I started this year doing a picture a day. After a few months I switched to just grabbing my favorite 5-7 photos from the week. So much less stress. I've been uploading my pages to blurb and am inspired to try again this year. I can't wait to see what other projecters will be doing. (And what product they will be using. :) )

3. renee82

renee82 renee82

I tried P365 in 2010. I made it pretty far but life sometimes gets in the way. I hope to try it again. I love looking back at my p365 pages so I know it's well worth it. :)

4. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I think about it every year...I start it every year...and I fail miserably every year :lmao

5. renee82

renee82 renee82

ROFL!!!!! Sooooo true!!!! :)

6. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

yes, this.
    i'm thinking i'm going to do the Project Life approach in 2012. maybe quick & simple will help me out.

7. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

Yes, this will be my 5th year doing p365 and I'm adding Project Life in with it for 2012...I'm so excited!!

8. renee82

renee82 renee82

I have a question for Emily, I've seen all your amazing P365 photos, I'm just wondering do you print these out as hard copy and place them in an album or do you put them in a photo book??? Spill!!!!! I want to do know what you do since you've been so successfull. :)

9. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

I've tried a couple of times. . . but never seem to make it more than 2 weeks! Maybe P52 is a better option for me~ Can anyone link us up to your projects for some inspiration?

10. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

I don't have pictures of any of my books that I've done...but for the first two years I haven't done anything with them yet! I have all the journaling on my blog though, so I just need to print them out and make a book with them. I know...bad, huh? Last year was my third year and I used Amber's templates, then got them printed out in a book. I loved using these templates because there was room for me to journal on the side and I loved the calendar look. For this year, I saw what Melissa has been doing with her p365 and I really liked it. I made my own version and have just been journaling and putting my photos in each week. At the end of the year I'll get it printed out. I print through Blurb and I love it!

Like I said, next year for 2012 I'll be doing Project Life to keep my photos and journaling together. Maybe eventually I'll transition my past photos over to that too...but I'm really looking forward to having a physical book that I can work on each week. :)

11. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I am definitely doing P365 again next year. I used Val's templates this year, just stretched them to make my photos bigger and am going to get them printed into a book at the end of the year. I love Melissa's templates that she used too...they looked really helpful because they already had the dates and everything filled in.

12. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

I am planning to do it again. This will be my third year. I loved the templates I used this year mostly because the dates and weeks were all ready for me to just drop the pictures in and add journaling. The first year, I had trouble keeping up with dates and weeks alot more than keeping up with the actual pictures. LOL

Emily, maybe you should design a P365 set with all dates, etc. Hint hint :) I did not love the design of the pages I used this year, but the convenience was too good to pass up. Ideally I would like to do something this year with a good kraft background and then a different color scheme/word art for each month. Maybe something similar to what weeds n Wildflowers did a few years ago.

13. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Melissa! Keeping the dates straight was a big pain. I would love a template with Kraft and word art! :)

14. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

15. renee82

renee82 renee82

Melissa, I just commented on your blog but I want to say it again, I am in awe of your photography skills and your amazingly beautiful P365. I think seeing yours is encouraging me... I think I need to follow your blog more closely so that I can get inspiration from you. :) Who's templates are those?

16. renee82

renee82 renee82

Ohhhhh!!!! I cannot wait to see it! I LOVE being able to see my photos big and kind of having an easy way of fitting them into a template. When I tried mine in 2010, I used Leora's templates, and although they were nice, I had to add everything every week and because of the different orientation of my photos was struggling to make everything fit...

17. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Renee, here's the set I used for 2011. http://www.mscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=2286&cat=0&page=4

They really were handy because there were 52 templates, same layout for all of them with the dates and weeks already filled in. I didn't love the background papers, colors, etc. but decided I wasn't up for redoing them all. And I am happy with the square pictures, etc.

And you are too sweet about my photography. I am a horrible critic of myself so it's nice to hear something good.

18. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

yes, I LOOOOVE your work too Melissa! I've been wanting to ask you, what camera and lens do you use often? I need a lens for everyday shots without fuss. I'm in awe at your clarity, makes me swoon. Is there a trick? I shoot fast, i suppose, trying to capture those quirky fun moments.....and I don't get that soft crispness i love in your photos...

OH and I feel off the wagon this year in july-ish....makes me sad.....although, I probably DO have a picture for most days-hahah. I will definitely be doing it next year again.

19. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of those that love what you've done with your 365, Melissa!

Valorie, I fell off the wagon several times this year and almost quit, but decided to just put in a block of paper and go on. The week that my son broke his collar bone I just journaled in each space. Life gets crazy. My goal became recording our year, how ever I could get it done, lol. Actually my main goal was just to have fun with my camera. And I did learn a ton.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  20. renee82

renee82 renee82

Melissa, if I were to buy these for 2012, would they work? Or are the days of week (example, Monday, Jan. 1st) included on these? I think these will work perfectly for me... unless Emily has something even better up her sleeve. :) OH and I second Val on how crips your photos are!!! I wish mine turned out like that... I always end up with something out of focus... oh and how well lit they always are too!!!! Please share your tips! :)