Anyone thinking about next year?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by tkradtke, Dec 14, 2017.

1. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

By the way @tkradtke - I love the cards you used this last year BUT definitely see your point re: the month info. I hadn't thought that through... so thanks for the input! Also wondering, if there is a font thread? Because I am already to trying to figure out that for next yr too. Font addict!!!:fairydance

Another quick question, do those of you who use the Mommyish template maker, save the templates you create? That way you aren't creating a new template each week? I love the flexibility of changing up the grid sizes. I have recently really enjoyed using Sabrina's Creations Everyday Life Series. The 6x8 templates work great for me and offer variety to my designs.

tkradtke likes this.
  2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I haven't in the past couple of years. I did at first, but that was back when I used tons of different sized pockets and I found that I didn't reuse the same layout enough to make it worth it (plus I was amassing way too many saved templates). But for the past couple of years, I have basically only used 3x4 and 4x6 pockets which means I could probably save some to reuse. I have only saved one so far, a page of all 3x4s and I get so excited when I have photos come up that fit that layout!

3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Pretty much what Traceie said. At first I saved ones with the odd sizes for little image spots etc but in the end, I've pretty much gone back to variations on the 3x4 and 4x6. I have saved those and 6x8s that I made also. Otherwise, the variety for me comes in background paper and once I select that which I often do first I can easily pull cards etc and if I like the card/element I can just adjust the color to go with the paper.

bestcee likes this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

re fonts...fwiw, I almost always use a very clean font and usually use Archer, Avenir, Bebas Neue (cause that's on some of the Sahin templates), and Helvetica. Yes, almost always a Sans Serif and only script ones for the week/date page I make myself. I use other fonts for regular layouts..sometimes!