Anyone know what Nift is?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Jan 24, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I keep getting emails saying that I have a gift card waiting for me from Nift. I can't seem to figure out what it is, or if it's legit. Have you heard of this?

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I don’t know what it is but I am sure it is a scam. Do not click on it. That would be my suggestion. If I did not order or anything g and get an email I ignore

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Nift is an institute of fashion - not a store.

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  4. QuiltyMom

That's what I've been thinking. I've been receiving emails for about a year now, but without any further information. I've just deleted them, so I'll continue to do so.

Interesting!! The emails say that I've received a gift card courtesy of a store that I have purchased from, but it doesn't say what the store is, etc. It looks a bit shady, and I was just wondering if others had seen it, too.

bestcee likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I haven't , but it totally seems scammy.

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

If your email has a blocking capability, I would use it on the email address. I had to do that on a few in gmail. One was an institution I had asked both by their unsubscribe mechanism and emails to them but was still getting them. They couldn't figure out why I was getting them since they did not show me on any list. I blocked the addy. I never saw them again.

7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I did some Googling and it looks like it is legit. It's a marketing program for pools of local businesses. Nift is short for Neighborhood Gift. I found a Reddit thread about it and a few respondents said they'd used the gifts successfully, but most said they couldn't be used for anything they were interested in so it wasn't worth anything to them. There was similar frustration to yours in that there was no information as to what business had provided the contact information that initiated the emails.

8. QuiltyMom

@KimJ Thanks! Interesting, too. I'm always wary of "free" gifts that look too good to be true.

KimJ and bellbird like this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Have you ever considered taking up private investigation? :giggle You always seem to find the right information for us around here and I love it! :agree

QuiltyMom and KimJ like this.
  10. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

"Why did I get a NIFT gift card?
    When a business is a part of the Nift network, they give their best customers Nift gift cards to thank them for their patronage. Those customers then activate their gift cards online and are given gifts to other local businesses that are partners with Nift."

This is what Google said. Personally, I would not click on anything in my e-mail that would take me to another site if I did not know what it was. I always google it or try to look it up. Too much scamming going on out there.

QuiltyMom likes this.