Anyone got the hang of using actions in PSE 12?? I'm lost!

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by judet, Oct 16, 2013.

1. judet

judet Active Member

Just dl'ed the trial of PSE 12, thinking of going for the upgrade from v.9. I'm really confused about the actions though as one of the advantages I've read about is that it's so much easier to add actions. I can't work out how (or even if I can) use my older actions (which I've spent a fortune on!) though. Do I have to import them one-by-one? Are they going to be a complete mess rather than in nice little folders which I've so painfully set up via xml files in PSE 9? I read something about how they need to be all in one file rather than loads of separate action files?

Any clues??

2. judet

judet Active Member

Actually, scratch that - think I've got it now :)

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

it is so much easier in 11 and I never bothered loading actions before PSE11 as they always needed that extra file... The actions are so easy to load in 11 as I am sure it is the same in 12 and you will love it! Let me know if I can help you Jude :)

4. judet

judet Active Member

I've had a play with it and some of my actions needed to be loaded the 'old' way (unless I'm missing a trick). I had a look on My 4 Hens Actions FAQ, and I've loaded the photoshop versions of her actions which seems to have worked fine (although I haven't tested them all, obviously! but I've got some Paint the Moon actions too and I only have the individual files not the single one for the whole set.

5. cfile

Jude all I do is click on the little icon to the right on the bar with action... then I click load action, then locate the file and it adds it right in there. Then it stays too. There is no png pic needed just the actual action

6. judet

judet Active Member

Yep, that's how I installed the M4H actions but the PTM ones I've got loads of individual action files that I don't want all untidy :). I noticed that she packages them up differently since PSE 11 came out, but there's no 11/12 versions of the older ones.

7. cfile

maybe open the folder it came in and just upload the action asl file only.