Anyone else hit the "brain fog" stage yet?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Jan 26, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I can tell we're on the last week of MOC. I have an idea for a page, but when I sit down to scrap it my mind goes all fuzzy, then ... blank. My idea bank is quickly getting depleted. Anyone else with me on this?

3BluEyedBabies likes this.
  2. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't generally encounter that but this past year has been so boring that I've scrapped most of my photos already & have to scrounge up ideas for pages to make!

Cherylndesigns and QuiltyMom like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm doing okay on photos! I'm been using a trip I really want done for when it works, and that's helped fill in some of the ones like flowers and colors.

Now, the brain fog where I go: What was I going to scrap again? Yep. Totally. I know I had an idea for the big title. But I can't find it now. It's vamoosed from my head!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I was doing ok until my son started his academic competition meets at school. That, and the fact that almost all our kids came back to school face-to-face, has my brain a big ole pile of mush!

bestcee, Cherylndesigns and QuiltyMom like this.
  5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Brain fog.....yep that’s me but in saying that it’s more thanks to my ever present fatigue than anything else

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my butt is in much needed get out of my desk chair and move!

Karen, Cherylndesigns and QuiltyMom like this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh, I wish that were the case for me! I'm backlogged with years of photos... I'd say enjoy having everything scrapped!

Oh, this is me. I can also blame the ADD, but the amazing page I've visualized disappears once I sit down in front of my computer.

Oh boy, I can see that! How's it going?

Fatigue is not easy. I hope you can pace yourself okay to get the challenges done!

Anne - you ALWAYS crack me up!!

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I enjoy having the kids back, I actually feel more like a teacher again and not a slave to the computer. But, having some still virtual makes it really difficult to do both effectively! On top of worrying about keeping everyone safe and healthy.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

this is me all the time, like 'what did i walk to the kitchen for again??'
    i have notes scribbled everywhere this MOC but then i get distracted while searching for a photo or in my stash or in the store and then i'm like 'what photo was i looking for again!? '
    hope that makes you feel better!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh my goodness only you would say that!! Mine is too!!! I have indentations in my chair - I SWEAR!!!

Brain fog hasn't hit me yet, but my slow hotspot "wifi" has about driven me bonkers. It's so slow that sometimes I forget what I'm doing. Remember (those of you who are old enough) how we used to log into AOL then go do something while we were connecting??? Yep - that's exactly what I'm doing. It really breaks my momentum!!

Hopefully, soon, we'll have "real" wifi again. I can't even download files - I have to drive to my dd's house and download everything. :crazy3:faint2

QuiltyMom likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Heavens, yes! I am so behind on layouts but when I do get to the computer, everything that I think about away from the computer just runs right out again.

I'm 2+ weeks out from radiation treatments, but they told me the fatigue could last for months. :dizzy I'm just being kind to myself and doing what I can when I can. Otherwise, you'll find me taking a nap.

:hammock

A-M, Donitab, bestcee and 1 other person like this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep!

Although, @bellbird I remember Justine asking once what we did while our files download, so it's possible that some countries still have that slow internet?

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  13. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

You deserve that kindness - and the naps!

Well, is it brain fog that made me clise the page I had just finished without saving thinking it was an alphabet page that did NOT need changes saved? Because that’s how my day went! At least I had written down the names of the SEVEN alphabets I had used so that made it easier to reconstruct - argh!!!!!

14. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

YES! I'm actually a night owl, and I find that once everyone goes to bed and the house is quiet, I can really concentrate better. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm running on fumes the next day! Sometimes an idea will strike, and then I get distracted looking for the photo or kit I want and I see other photos that distract me, or I look in the store for a kit and then get distracted with new stuff I add to my list..., or the kids or the husband need something, or, well, house chores...so YES! I get distracted so very easily these days! Not to mention, I have to keep up with other CT pages in addition to MOC pages. Sometimes I find myself just completely forgetting what I was looking for and have to walk away from the computer and hope I remember! But, I have to say, I'm still having SO MUCH FUN! I love MOC!

QuiltyMom and Cherylndesigns like this.
  15. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Slow internet country here. To be honest it’s all I know, it’s particularly slow right now as it’s school holidays but that should ease in the next week or so. Side note, I could actually improve the situation by swapping over our modem as our internet provider is phasing out copper broadband to wireless broadband or something similar, we’ve only had it in the drawer 2ish months! (it’s not the fastest one but we aren’t in a position to get the cabling from the street down to our house for the fibre connection)

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

No brain fog for me either - but lack of pretty inspiring photos that make me want to scrapbook.
    I did get some nice ones for DS and his GF and I did those.
    We need to be done with lock down and take a little road trip again in the distant future.

Karen, QuiltyMom and bestcee like this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I felt a bit that way last night, but I think it was more because I had a weird day with lots of interruptions all day long during my work day and it just kind of spilled over into last night too. I could get started on a page, so I just browsed the forums for an hour before my chat last night.

18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

This was me all last summer and fall. Very little scrapping happened. However, the pressure of MOC has gotten me back into "throw something on a page and call it done". Although a few of these photography challenges had me stumped for awhile.

19. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I need to take more photos I have decided... my problem isn't brain fog..but lack of photos I want to use

20. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I need to take more photos I have decided... my problem isn't brain fog..but lack of photos I want to use