Anyone else having a hard time...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by editorialdragon, Jan 2, 2013.

1. editorialdragon

editorialdragon editorialdragon

Getting back to "routine"?! I didn't exactly take a break over the holidays, and we didn't go anywhere, but I'm still having trouble mentally getting back on track. Especially with my scrapping!!
    What do you do to shove yourself back in the groove?!!

2. suefalstaff

suefalstaff suefalstaff

I was just thinking the same thing, Michelle!

My last full day in the office was waaaaaaaay back on 21st December (I was in for a few hours on Thursday 27th December, but not a full day & it was sooooo quiet, it didn't really count as a "normal" day) ... I'm off work for the remainder of this week too and not due back in my office until Monday 7th January!!!! My routine is COMPLETELY OUT OF WACK and it's also having an impact of my creativity! With all the time off work I've had, you'd think I'd be knocking out LO's left, right & centre ... but nope ... I've created just ONE page during the whole festive period ... that's shockingly bad for me!!!

Hoping to get back back into some sort of normality this weekend!

3. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Today is our last day of break. Right now, DH is working at the kitchen table (why? good question. he has a home office.), DD2 is trying to facetime my iphone from her ipad even though we're in the same room, DD1 just got up and is eating breakfast and puppy is being her usual crazy self. In other words, we're totally out of our schedules and it's starting to get to me. LOL I am glad that regularly scheduled programming resumes tomorrow, but I think everyone is going to have a really hard time getting up in the morning. Especially me. :giggle

I have my lists ready to go for tomorrow, which is my main way of staying on track. And coffee.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  4. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

My kids don't go back to school until next Tuesday. I feel like I can't function when our routine is out of whack. I get nothing accomplished. I do love our super lazy mornings though. It's 9:30 and everyone is still asleep. I think my kids are ready to go back. They've been fighting and teasing non-stop this week.

5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

We've still got almost a week of winter break left here (kids go back to school on the 8th), so no routines here yet. Last night DH was thinking the kids went back today, and he was all disappointed when he found out he had to go back to work and they didn't. LOL Of course, he works from home, so he gets their time off rubbed in his face even more. :giggle

When the time comes though, I'll be doing the list-making thing too. :agree

6. **Holly**

**Holly** Whoooooo, me?

It's been 6+ months since I have seriously scrapped (like more then a page at a time) and yesterday I scrapped two. It feels so good to be scrapping again. I thought it would be hard but these last two pages I created are some of my favorites. Course I gotta thank TLP for helping getting me outta my funk ;)

7. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I'm having trouble getting back into the work/homeschool routine for sure! It is hard when you have a couple weeks of time off and then have to hop back on the train.

8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Today is my first day at work in a week...I don't even want to go through my hundreds of emails that I avoided while away.

9. CLAUDIO

CLAUDIO New Member

I have to shove myself into life LOL I am getting way too much sleep, don't know what I will do when the kids go back to school on the 7th ......dreading the early mornings LOL

10. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i am back at work today. but i am so out of routine. i need to get out of my pjs so i can pick the boy up from school! ;)

11. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

my kids are on their 8 week Summer break and during the holidays I drop my days at work down to 2 a week so my routine is going to be shot until the first week in February :)

12. cherpea

cherpea Well-Known Member

long summer school holidays here too... have had a couple of weeks off work (though I work from home) and I know come the 8th I am gonna be all confubbled...

though the daily challenges here are sure helping!

13. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

yep all out of whack here too! It is summer break for us which is great, so no routine required, but DH is off work until the 14th and it is just really strange having him around so much.

14. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

I've only had a few days off. And worked in between. But now I'm sick with a rotten cold. So it's hard to do anything. You aren't alone. :/

15. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

We've been sick here since a couple of days after Christmas. DD had a 4H meeting on the 26th and we've spent the week since feeling pure miserable. I'm finally starting to get back to my old self, but it's after 10:00 and DD and DH are still in bed. I'd planned to start DD back homeschooling yesterday but I'm just giving up on this week. Doing what I can around the house and hoping that next week gets off to a better start.

16. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

YES...totally! The boys go back to school on Monday and then I can finally have my routine back. I do so much better when there's a schedule. I run constantly taking this boy to school or that boy to school but I totally manage my time so much better than if there is nothing going on. Hubby went back to work yesterday (insert YAHOO) so things have been a bit calmer today!!!

17. jenny

jenny jenny

I'm heading home from visiting family this weekend, and am very much looking forward to getting back into my usual routine. I've enjoyed having the time here over the holidays, but am really missing home and hubby.

18. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I feel so unraveled still. My kids don't go back until the 8th...DH has been on leave since Dec 4th and he goes back to work on the 8th too. Then my there's my Grandma...she has been here since Dec 18th and is leaving on the 7th. While it has been amazing having everyone together over the holidays, I feel sooo behind and I'm ready to get back to a somewhat normal routine.

19. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have 2 in public school (elementary) one in preschool and 3 home-schooled and one (gulp) starts college next week!
    We took 2 full weeks of no learning, brain dump completely! today, they vegged on puters and games! I am not sure a few even got dressed or brushed their teeth! bhahah
    but we are back to the grind on Tuesday...everyone!
    ugh, that means me too! lol

20. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Oh my goodness yes! Hubby has been off for the past two weeks and that totally throws me and the girls schedule off. It drives me insane, but I can't complain because he is home spending time with us. Right before Christmas my lappy started freaking out so hubby and I are sharing a computer again which is difficult. I can only use my lappy to view things on the web, it won't let PSE work. For Christmas I gave hubby a new computer game so getting on the computer is absolutely impossible these days. My scrap time is 0% right now. He goes back to work on Monday, and the girls go back to school on Tuesday. Maybe then I'll finally be able to get back into a routine.

Now to help you out Michelle I would recommend finding something very emotional to scrap about. Something so emotional that you just can't let it go unscrapped. Things like this really motivate me and most times turn out to be my favorite layouts. Good luck finding your routine again!