Anyone else do dumb things like me?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, May 3, 2020.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I've just been going through my visual order history and noticed at some point I managed to not only buy Life is: Having a real friend (bundle) by Little Butterfly Wings but the individual parts of the bundle as well.....oops. Hopefully I don't find too many more of these expensive mistakes.

Well I found another couple of times where I had bought the bundle and the journal card set so not quite as bad.

I think I need to figure out a system of either wishlisting the bundle or the individual parts not both or something cause this could get expensive if I keep this up

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

That is such a bummer but it happens to the best of us.

I know I've said it before lol, but an Excel spreadsheet (or whatever spreadsheet program you like) can help you with that. I write down all of my purchases so that I don't accidentally buy individual packs (or a bundle) of something that I've already purchased.

Also, unzipping your purchases the moment you buy/download them can really help. That way you can search your folders to see if you already have what you're looking at.

ETA or if you really don't want to use a spreadsheet, then a previews folder that contains all of your kit images is something you can search quickly as well.

Angela Toucan and HavaDrPepper like this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@Tree City I do unzip as soon as I download but my downfall is I don’t search my stash before I buy more (partly cause I generally shop from my iPad rather than my laptop). Think the solution is either better management of my wishlist and/or use my visual wishlist to check if I’m not on my laptop

Tree City likes this.
  4. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I've re-purchased stuff before! I need a better system. Think I'm going to take Sara's advice above and create a spreadsheet. Working on things now since I am back to scrapping after a LONG time off. Sadly I lost a ton of my old stuff in a computer crash and have learned my lesson with that too!

Tree City likes this.
  5. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I actually did this today! I ordered a bundle and didn't realize this particular paper pack was included with it, because it had a different name. So I put it in my cart too and checked out with both of them! I didn't realize until I had two copies in my downloads folder. Checked my purchase history and, yep, both purchased on the same order. That'll teach me to shop before I've had my coffee. :cornfused

Tree City likes this.
  6. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

I'll second the Excel spreadsheet, in which I have different worksheets for each of the vendors I've used (some, like TLP, are MUCH longer than others.) It's a help, if only because entering the info helps it stick in my brain a bit better. But don't be too hard on yourself. It happened to me on more than one occasion when I scrapped with PAPER supplies - which means a physical duplicate to store, money aside.... *sigh*... I still have a lot of that paper... *snicker*

Tree City and Angela Toucan like this.