Anyone do Whole 30?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by KittyY, Apr 22, 2017.

1. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

I'm just starting this - not doing well. Trying oh so trying! I have officially cut out all pasta, rice and potatoes out of the family diet.

If you have any Whole 30 tips - great products please place them here. :funfun

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

You're a stronger man than I am Gunga Din... The best I can do is try to cut back on the whites...sugar (aargh....), white flour etc. I also try to totally avoid any processed food but now and then I'm just lazy but we mostly eat real food for our meals.

I think if you really want to do it, you can do it! Hang in there and I'd say it helps that you are all doing it!

4. KittyY

for anyone that does it - what are a few of your favorite go tos?

I keep baked sweet potatoes around, almond butter and Ezekiel bread

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

The longer you stay with it the easier it gets, I think the first two weeks are the hardest. I don't like sweet potatoes, so I really dress them up with spices and make them ALMOST HOT SPICEY so I don't have that overly sweet flavor that I dislike in potatoes so much but love in everything else. LOL!!!!

WATER AND TEA.... LOTS OF IT! I am guessing you are cutting dairy too, for some people that is the hardest, the only thing I miss is ice cream LOL!!!

I loved YUCCA, it is a root vegetable that can be boiled with garlic, pan fried or baked. I lived of YUCCA and plantains. ;)

KittyY likes this.
  6. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

You'll have to let me know how it goes. I started doing research on it and there were so many warnings about how it is not a good idea because it robs you of nutrients you need and can only get out of certain foods. There were just too many warnings about it that I just stick with what I'm doing for now. Just watch out for that and make sure you're getting everything you need! And good luck!!!!

7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

As @Dalis said...baked sweet potatoes with salsa are really delicious. I had a roommate that used to eat them for breakfast. Fast and filling!

8. Dalis

I am no nutritionist, but this is not a forever diet. It is literally a 30 day diet, it is NOT meant for loosing weight. It is to detoxing your body from everything process and foods that are usual culprits on allergies and things hard to digest. The idea of this diet is to do a 30 day detox and then you start adding elements to your diet and see how your body behaves. First week after your 30 days is over you pick ONE day to do a CHEAT, eat ONE element, rice, corn, milk, cheese, something but only ONE item, ONLY ONE day, ONLY ONE time during that day. Then you see how your body reacts to that food. You do NOT get to have another CHEAT until AT LEAST 7 days after the first CHEAT.

This diet is NOT meant to be an every day for the rest of your life diet. Now, you could find all nutrients to eat during this diet. It is just a very limiting diet, and eating OUT is a nightmare! I actually gained 3 lbs during my WHOLE 30 diet, but learned my body has really issues with GLUTEN and DAIRY. My BFF lost 19 lbs at the same time doing WHOLE 30.

Serena likes this.
  9. Dalis

I forgot to mention that for me it was hard not having sweets, so I made my own whipping cream with coconut milk and put on top of some berries. I did reduced some balsamic vinegar to put a tsp over them.

10. Serena

@Dalis THANK YOU, the sites I went to didn't explain that it was temporary, I should do this myself then!! That makes better sense!

11. Dalis

It's amazing how much better you feel after you detox. I know what I should not be eating and hopped on my no gluten, no dairy, no sugar bandwagon..... 2 days IN!!!!!!! IT'S SO HARD!

Serena likes this.
  12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm not sure what whole 30 is...I'm assuming it's some kind of whole foods diet.

I eat a lot of whole foods, not a lot of processed and I don't eat a lot of white flour or sugar products.

My faves are eggs. I love a good fried egg or hard boiled egg. It's my go to snack. I actually prefer a sweet potato over a white potato. Fill yourself up with protein and fiber & then the other processed foods aren't so tempting.

I also snack on almonds and cheese sticks...but not sure if that's on the whole 30. A key for me is making sure I feel full. If I get to the point where I feel like I'm starving I will put anything in my mouth and then it's just a downward spiral.

13. Dalis

WHOLE 30 is
    NO DAIRY
    NO GRAINS
    NO LEGUMES
    NO PROCESS CRAP
    NO SUGAR (including maple syrup & HONEY)

Now, some do NO ROOTS either, but there is discordance about that one.

Did I miss something?

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  14. KittyY

I am finding that potatoes are the devil to me - make me bloat like I am expecting quads! So that has been ruled out - I also have a very difficult time digesting a majority of nuts. Not an allergy but a sensitivity - and that blows! :(

15. Serena

Awww, that really does!! By the way, we're totally cheering you on, you can make it!!!! Be strong! :cheer

KittyY likes this.
  16. Dalis

My neighbor is going through the NUT thing too and she is in panic because that's what she has snacked on for 30 some years.

17. KittyY

Thank you!! I was doing great - - but then went out with my girlfriend and accidentally tripped and fell into a bowl of chips & queso. So I did the sensible thing and washed them down with a margarita lol

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  18. Dalis

I think the hardest thing for WHOLE 30 is going out to eat or for drinks (you can't have). You've got this!

KittyY likes this.