Any Outlander Fans?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by tinkerbell1112, Sep 28, 2021.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Lol I know what you mean.. I read one page but put it down until I have a chunk of time.. I also put myself on waiting list for library for digital copy as I read while I ride my exercise bike.. I am 10 on list so hopefully that will come through soon :)

2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I've read them all. Loved every minute of them!

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh my gosh! I was **JUST** thinking about you the other day and wondering where you were. I'm so glad to see your face!!!! How have you been?

Did you read the newest one? I'm really trying to slow down my reading, but I can't help it and keeping pressing next page too quickly. I want to savor all the new plots/characters, but at the same time I'm like, give me all the stuff now!

4. londoncuppa

You're so sweet! I see your lovely face in my IG feed. I've been well. I took the past year off from scrapping so I could focus on my watercolor art, but I'm ready to dust off Photoshop and get geared up for MOC 2022! I regret not doing it this year. Can't let that happen again!

I haven't read the latest Outlander, but I did buy the audio book. It's almost 50 hours!! I'll be digging into it when I wrap up what I'm currently reading. Can't wait! @gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm soooooo glad you'll be scrapping with us again. Sometimes you just need a break, but I have to admit that I missed your smile and sweet disposition here!

cfile and londoncuppa like this.
  6. londoncuppa

Awe...that means so much, Cheryl!!! :heartlub

gonewiththewind and cfile like this.
  7. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

Just finished the series on tv...it was AMAZING!! I started reading the first book, but haven't finished it yet. I'll continue reading and now I can't wait for season 6!!

8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I just requested the first one from my library. I hope I like it!! :)

gonewiththewind and cfile like this.
  9. cfile

I finished book 9 Bees on Saturday the 18th.. I was like “what?!” At the end.. I expected to turn the page and I was starring at a cliff hanger!! Lol. Loved it but need to re read!

Ps the LJG books and other side books are definitely well worth reading!!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

So I'm still not starting this series if it's not done! :giggle I am super impatient with cliff hangers when the next book is not immediately available. :giggle

cfile likes this.
  11. cfile

Lol there is at least 14 books you can read and 9 are at least 600-900 pages each lol that will keep you busy for a bit!!

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Lol. True. :giggle

cfile likes this.
  13. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

I am another fan here of the books, just couldn't get into the TV series at all! lol! I started reading the last book about 3 weeks now and just taking my time with it, reading in between doing my art, its like sitting down to have a chat with an old friend! lol! :)

Iowan likes this.
  14. cfile

Outlander Season 6 starts on Sunday March 6 on Starz :) So looking forward to it!

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I haven't read the books. I tried watching the series but Claire drove me insane. She goes from "I am woman, hear me roar" to simpering and sole-less in the matter of moments. I got halfway through the first season and stopped. I'm wondering if I'm the only person who doesn't like it?

16. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Claire is a strong character with moments of weakness, sadness, depression, stress, like any of us. The books have much more depth IMO. But I love the series as well. You have to give any show/book series time to understand it. :)

cfile and QuiltyMom like this.
  17. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Even in the first two books she drove me a bit insane. It helps a lot when you get further into the books because there are soooo many characters and stories going on.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  18. tinkerbell1112

I'm on chapter 14. I'm reading it as slowly as I can knowing there will be years before book 10. Lol. I'm just enjoying the story and the characters. It's like going home to visit old friends!

cfile likes this.
  19. tinkerbell1112

who has finished? Anyone? I am reading it sloooooowly. I don't really want it to end, so I'm only reading a portion of a chapter each day. I have it in hardcover and audible. I read a bit, then listen to that portion. LOL. I just know that when I'm done with it I'll have to re-read things to keep my Outlander addiction going through the time with no new book.

I'm also enjoying season 6 on Starz and trying to keep things straight. lol

cfile likes this.
  20. cfile

I finished.. I gave the hard copy but going to get again digitally from library to re read book 9.. I read while riding exercise bike!! I love season 6 too.. it will skip Easter Sunday just so you know!!