Any Outlander Fans?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by tinkerbell1112, Sep 28, 2021.

1. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Have you pre-ordered Go Tell the Bees That I'm Gone?! I've preordered both the hard cover AND the Audible. LOL. I am counting down the days until November 23!

I just started re-listening to book 8 to refresh my memory on it because it's been a few years since I read that one. I usually re-read them as the tv show runs concurrently, but figured I'd wait that until closer to the next season. I want to re-enjoy book 8 now before book 9 releases!! 45 hours on audible - I'm 6 in and loving every moment :)

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I am a huge fan. I'm on Book 3 of my re-read session. I've read them multiple times so I don't feel like I'm going to be missing out if I don't get through Book 8 before the release. I've purchased the Kindle version as in the future I want to get a matching set of all the books. I'm so excited though!

bestcee likes this.
  4. tinkerbell1112

Yay!!! Yeah, I've re-read only the ones that have TV seasons. Then I listen to audible for my re-reads. I'm guessing once the show is all done I'll read them all again straight through. I love them! Can't wait to talk about Bees:heartslub

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I too am a fan reading all plus the LJ books too.. I have not pre-ordered mine but will get it as soon as it is available :) Excited for 11/23!

6. gonewiththewind

@tinkerbell1112 @cfile

After we've read Bees, we should have a chat about it. With the late release in November, and Christmas, closely followed my MOC in January, maybe we should think about February or March to discuss?

mnjenlittle and cfile like this.
  7. cfile

I am game :)

8. tinkerbell1112

gonewiththewind and cfile like this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I want to read the whole series, but I really want to wait until it's complete. Lol. Is this 9th book the end or will there be more?

cfile and gonewiththewind like this.
  10. gonewiththewind

I believe she's starting on the 10th book. :)

cfile likes this.
  11. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

I haven't read any of the books, even though I have the first three. I've watched the series though. Should I go back and read the books??

12. gonewiththewind

Yes. Absolutely. They are sooooo good. I love this series so much that I'm on my 7th or 8th round through it!

cfile and garrynkim like this.
  13. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I have tried reading the 1st book a few times, and I can't get past the first few chapters... not sure why..maybe I'll try again!

garrynkim and gonewiththewind like this.
  14. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

How fun, Jlynn! I started my re-read on Book 4 and have moved on to Book 5, Fiery Cross. I had big plans to plow through and be ready, but I think I am just going to go at whatever pace happens. And that might be at a plod. lol
    I watched season 1, but honestly love the books so much I decided I didn't want to watch any more. I actually haven't even read number 8! I bought it on ebook and there it sat hidden and totally forgot about it. I also just can't sit down and read late into the night anymore. I'm gettin old! hahahaha I remember when Echo in the Bone came out I just sat and read and read. That was the year Gabe was born, so I must have read while breastfeeding and naptime or something. I remember reading until really late at night, too.
    I am enjoying the reread. Like going back and visiting good friends. I got into one Facebook group and they mostly talk about the show, but I found another one and they have a q&a each week about two to four chapters! They are still on book 3, so maybe I am waiting for them to catch up. It might be a while. ;)

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

(less a fan of OutLander, more a fan of InWater...)
    [​IMG]

michelepixels likes this.
  16. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

Kisses & hugs!

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

18. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

19. cfile

@tinkerbell1112 & @gonewiththewind
    JLynn & Cheryl - picked this up at the Grocery.. thought you might like to know and be on the look out to add to your collection :) Stuff from all 6 seasons and photos :) IMG_7557.jpg

20. cfile

@mnjenlittle I am in a FB group too re the book of Outlander and someone mentioned this on the newstands now... https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/any-outlander-fans.79666/#post-1386735

I have also read all the Lord John Gray series books and all the adds of short novellas... I cannot wait for book 9 to come out. Diana G just started writing book 10 too... also on You Tube, they have the New York Comic Con that was just last week with the panel that included Diana G, Sam Heughan, Catrina Balfe, John Bell (Ian) and the 2 actors that play Fergus & Marsali :)

mnjenlittle and gonewiththewind like this.