any other moms or grandmas who have had a stillbirth?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bjc, May 5, 2019.

1. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

our daughters first son was born still at 35 weeks of gestation and a perfectly healthy pregnancy and mom till that day Jan 24, 2013 that we heard the words from the dr " I am sorry there is no heartbeat" I was with her at that dr check up. Since then and because we want to always hold Oliver in our heart we have become involved with the Star Legacy Foundation (starlegacyfoundation.org) and have a chapter here where we live in the NY Metro Area. There are about 20 chapters and more forming. Our mission is awareness, education, support and research. 1 in 160 babies in the United States are born still. This figure, which is about 24,000 a year has not been lowered in decades, though other countries have been able to do so. We work with practioners, providers, hospitals and provide education, we have free online support groups for mom, dads, grandparents, pregnancy after loss, parenting after loss and childbirth classes for pregnancy after loss. We have free brochures and resources guides. Every other year there is an international Star Legacy Stillbirth Summit where researchers from around the world share and discuss their latest findings. We offer peer companions to families. And these are just some of our programs. Saturday May 18 we will have our annual fund raiser and festival, where we will honor babies gone too soon, the Let's Not Be Still 5K run/walk festival. If you or anyone who know has lost a baby due to stillbirth please share this information. If you want to contact me please do . Losing a baby or grandbaby is one of the hardest things life puts in front of you. Oliver's legacy is working towards the day when "every pregnancy has a happy ending."

( I have done several scrapbook pages about Oliver )

2. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I have not experienced a stillbirth but did lose a baby at 14 weeks gestation. My brother's ex-girlfriend delivered a baby at 21 weeks and not viable for life. I think you guys are doing a wonderful thing to celebrate Oliver and keep his legacy alive. I'm just so sorry that ya'll had to live thru this.

bjc likes this.
  3. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I had a still birth at 32 weeks. My first child, Olivia.. was the most painful experince of my life. I still remember every moment of that day.

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am so sorry for your loss. It's a wonderful thing that you are doing to honor Oliver. I have not personally experienced this, but my son's ex-girlfriend and one of my friends had still births at 30+ weeks. I have seen how devastating it is.

5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am so sorry for your loss. I have had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and a baby that died 15 days after birth and the loss is something I would not wish on anyone. My heart goes out to you all.

bjc likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Beautiful legacy you are leaving in Oliver's name. I'm sorry for your loss. My grandmas both had a stillbirth, as have some of my cousins.

7. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i am so sorry. and you have olivia and i have oliver always in our hearts forever.

8. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i am so sorry stillbirth has touched your family too. once it is mentioned it seems so many people know someone . it touches us all

9. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i am so sorry for your losses. it is so hard. and you know it .

10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

My first son was stillborn 17 years ago.

11. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i am so sorry that stillbirth has touched some people you know. when i talk about Oliver it always seems others know someone too. It is more common than we know and we need to make people aware and try to do more research to lower the incidence.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i am so sorry. your son is forever in your heart and you are who you are because of him. sending hugs.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm so sorry. I love how you are honoring him and learned some new information. Hugs!

bjc likes this.