ANGIE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by mrspotts, Jan 14, 2013.

1. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

I probably could have PM'd you this but how well, maybe it will help others out! I want to do the Couch to 5K thing, but I can only run at the gym on a treadmill. Their treadmills only break things down by miles{ie .4, 1.5} So how do you do the Couch to 5K thing on one? Don't you start out doing like 200 yards or something/ How do I figure that out on the treadmill. My mind doesn't want to do the math so I was hoping you had a good answer. :thumbsups

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Week one is 100 yards on / 100 yards off if you can do yards. Or you can just do 60 seconds on/off. I'd do 70, though.* Just to get you more ready for when it gets up to 1/4 mile.

Doing the program using their "times" gets you up to running for 30 straight minutes. That only gets you 3 miles if you are doing 10 minutes per mile pace, which most new runners don't. Some do, but most not. I did about 13 pace when I started. I make all my students do distance instead of time, so that when we finish, they've actually run 3 miles and not just for 30 minutes. Make sense?

3. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

I think that makes sense. I'll have to start out doing the time, and then progress to distance when the distances get larger. There is no way I would be doing under a mile under 10 minutes. That is what i was doing when I was in really good shape. Thanks for the info. I hope to start it tomorrow at the gym.