An End

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by scrapsandsass, Dec 28, 2015.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I just realized today that I've filled my PL notebook and this is the last few days before I have to start a new one. I started using a plain composition book in 2013. I used one page per week and have now filled it with three years of memories and bits of everyday life. It seems so strange to have that physical record to keep. It won't last forever because it is mostly written in pencil, but it is still kind of a fun thing to have (especially since I'm not completely done with any of those years as far as PL). The only time I missed tracking was about six weeks in November into December of 2013. Otherwise, I've kept track pretty religiously.

How do you keep track of all of the details that go into your Project Life spreads? Do you keep the info? Is it physical or digital? Do you keep track of every day?

2. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

That's awesome!! I don't quite do PL/365/52. I do Project Kimberly which is my own mismatch of traditional layouts and lots and lots of random pictures. Traditionally, I've been pretty good about keeping events on the calendar and when I do a particular month I always check the calendar and all the photos I took in the month and see if there is anything I should add. Often times, it's just a text block with a bullet list of activities.

scrapsandsass and crystalbella77 like this.
  3. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

I use an app on my smartphone (Diaro) and I have a reminder every night to fill the daily log. When I forget to do it I usually use my calendar and FB to help me remember. Since I'm doing a P365-ish and also using the 1 second everyday app to record video, I can also use those images, still or moving, as memory starters! LOL

scrapsandsass likes this.
  4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

....those apps sound awesome.... (like I need more apps....)

5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

That is so cool Kimberlee!

I've never kept notes before and I'm feeling it now with being several weeks behind. I'm finding myself only captioning the photos vs. giving a real accurate account of what went on that week. This year I really want to keep a bullet journal and have room each day for additional notes for PL/scrapping. Oh and digital vs. paper... digital is much more convenient for me, but I hate typing on my phone, so if I'm going to take any notes worth having, they're going to have to be on paper.

6. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

This is awesome, Kimberlee. I document my memories in my planner. In fact, I still have about 5 weeks of 2014 not done and I love that I have the memories there just waiting for me.

7. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Kimberlee, That's so cool!

I've tried to keep notes in the past and have a few notebooks/ calendars with info in them, but mostly I rely on photos, facebook posts and my failing memory. For 2016 I'm thinking my planner will be my go to resource for keeping track of things I want to remember for Project Life.

8. klee73010

everything I want to "remember" i take a picture of. For me, I flip through my dropbox camera uploads folders to figure out which stories I'm missing. But... sometimes I forget the story by the time I go to scrap it, so I am planning to have a page in my planner specifically for this, going forward. I also never move things from my camera uploads folder, so I have some major cleaning up to do there... wah wah wah....

scrapsandsass and enjoyyourpix like this.
  9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Mine used to be more like yours @klee73010 but now that my kids are teens with their own schedules, they do so much without me. If I don't jot it down, I have no clue what happened when. It's a bit of a transition for me as I've always just snapped photos of everything.

enjoyyourpix and klee73010 like this.
  10. klee73010

see, and my thing is wanting more from their perspective. My daughter is almost 4, and some of the stories she can tell... I need more pages in her words! so if I take a picture, and then ask her what she remembers about it, I hope I can get some more stories that way. idk if this approach will work or not...

berniek, enjoyyourpix and Toria like this.
  11. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I always have intentions to jot things down daily in my planner but I fail miserably at it. I really need to do better because when I get behind in PL I usually struggle big time trying to remember what was happening around a certain photo. A sure sign i am getting older I suppose!! Boo to getting older!!

klee73010 likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have never done well with keeping notes and such, but now that I have a planner, I am hoping to be able to make notes in there!

13. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I am a horrible note taker as well. I rely on the photos and calendar. I know I miss a lot, but I don't beat myself up about that, because there is still a wealth of detail that would be forgotten if it weren't for PL.

14. Toria

Toria Active Member

I think i am going to try to use my planner and the Collect app. I read the super long post by Becky Higgins re: how she does Project Life, and one thing I liked was every night she reviewed and deleted pictures of the day, so she knew what she wanted to use when it was time to scrap the week. I like that. I think I might write a couple sentences in Collect. That way I can also use them as cards if I need to. I've been doing DYD every night on my phone, and I love that me time I get every day. Trying to figure out something like doing a LO on my phone every night that can be sustainable for a year...

scrapsandsass and klee73010 like this.
  15. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I have a planner sitting unused and plan to use it for this purpose! May as well get use out of the planners I hoard hehe!

scrapsandsass and klee73010 like this.
  16. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

such a wise practical reminder :agree

17. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I bought a cheap (like $3) planner that has just a blank space for each day. I use this as a journal to jot down notes from the day. Sometimes I'm on top of it, and other times I go for weeks with nothing. I figure having something is better than nothing. I will say, the longer I've used this method of tracking, the better I've gotten about remember to jot things down.
    I did try an ap once... daily diary or something like that, that would sync to my outlook calendar. it was glitch and ultimately I just didn't like it. I like the pen-to-paper approach better. it's easier to look at the whole week at a glance that way, instead of having to click through days on an ap.

klee73010 and scrapsandsass like this.
  18. klee73010

19. Angiea1114

Angiea1114 Member

I have a Binder of PL planning pages for each of 2014 and 2015. I also use my planner when Life gets in the way and I don't get to my binder. I use lots of planners (so I'm loving the planner section of the Lilypad!) but decided that for carrying with me, I'll use a Fauxdori with Travelers inserts. I made an insert from Mari K's website of midori printables for my Project Life planner this year. Since you are binding it like a book you can make it as many pages as you want. I ran off 10 pages front and back and when folded I get about 18 weeks out of it.

20. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I really like the idea of buying a simple planner and using it to jot down a bit of journaling. I am, however, not good with these kind of things. But why not give it another try this year.