Alphas

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Dec 1, 2020.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I am such a alpha hoarder but hardly use them really....I tend to use word art or word strips for titles more than anything

How do you choose alphas for your pages? I tend to do my title work last so 97% of the time it’s something premade because I’m overwhelmed by choice

2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I use them frequently for big dates (the year) especially for albums like Christmas and birthdays. They can really make a page pop.

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m also trying to talk myself out of buying 20 more sets in today’s sale....they’re all in my wish list so obviously I do like them....I just probably don’t need 20 new sets!

Iowan likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I use Alphas for my titles, and am only recently learning how to use wordarts and wordstrips. I find it quicker to make a title with alphas than to search through my wordart/wordstrip stash looking for a suitable title. I add the title near the end and usually use an alpha that comes with the kit or from the same BYOC/DYD/M3. If I don't have a matching one then I look through my folders for an alpha set to match my colour scheme and page feel. My go to alphas is nothing matches are blacks and stamp/brush as they are easy to recolour, neutrals and wooden ones. Mixing Alphas so the different words of a title are different, or the first letter in a word is different are really affective.

5. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I love neutral alphas too, especially wooden / veneer ones. They're easy to match with any colour palette that I'm using for the page. Back when I scrapped a lot, I used to have a go-to Alphas folder where I keep my favourite, most-used alphas there. Then whenever I need to finish my page, I just go to that folder and grab the alpha that I want. It makes my workflow faster and smoother.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Being a kit scrapper, I will use the alphas from the kit (if there is one) to do a large title when it is suitable for the layout. If there is no alpha, I will uses a chunky font in a color to match or even add a paper to it and make my own "alpha".

I do tend to do the colored chunky font or add paper to the chunky font more for my titles. I don't know that I have ever bought a separate alpha, I am just not drawn to them. If they are in the kit, great. If not, doesn't matter to me.

cfile and Angela Toucan like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I do like to use alphas for my titles. My favorite is when there is an alpha in the kit I'm using because then it automatically matches and I don't have to think too hard. Ha ha! If a kit I'm using doesn't have an alpha, then I usually just go search in the alpha section of the store until I find one I like and then I go see if I already have it in my stash. Lol! I should make a folder of alpha previews that I already own so it would make searching easier, but I know I'd never keep up with that chore, so I don't do it.

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Often I don't feel the need for a title. However, when I do want one (or challenge requires one) I just scroll through my TLP folder until I see one I like. I've made it easy to see what I have by replacing the folder icons with the letter A for each alpha (same way I replace it with kit previews, as I've described before). I always pull alpha folders out of kits so I see them as I scroll through my TLP folder.