Alphas

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Dec 1, 2020.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi Perfectly perfect just the way I am!

I am such a alpha hoarder but hardly use them really....I tend to use word art or word strips for titles more than anything

How do you choose alphas for your pages? I tend to do my title work last so 97% of the time it’s something premade because I’m overwhelmed by choice

2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I use them frequently for big dates (the year) especially for albums like Christmas and birthdays. They can really make a page pop.

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi Perfectly perfect just the way I am!

I’m also trying to talk myself out of buying 20 more sets in today’s sale....they’re all in my wish list so obviously I do like them....I just probably don’t need 20 new sets!

Iowan likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I use Alphas for my titles, and am only recently learning how to use wordarts and wordstrips. I find it quicker to make a title with alphas than to search through my wordart/wordstrip stash looking for a suitable title. I add the title near the end and usually use an alpha that comes with the kit or from the same BYOC/DYD/M3. If I don't have a matching one then I look through my folders for an alpha set to match my colour scheme and page feel. My go to alphas is nothing matches are blacks and stamp/brush as they are easy to recolour, neutrals and wooden ones. Mixing Alphas so the different words of a title are different, or the first letter in a word is different are really affective.

5. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Sings like it's 2-0-0-9!

I love neutral alphas too, especially wooden / veneer ones. They're easy to match with any colour palette that I'm using for the page. Back when I scrapped a lot, I used to have a go-to Alphas folder where I keep my favourite, most-used alphas there. Then whenever I need to finish my page, I just go to that folder and grab the alpha that I want. It makes my workflow faster and smoother.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Being a kit scrapper, I will use the alphas from the kit (if there is one) to do a large title when it is suitable for the layout. If there is no alpha, I will uses a chunky font in a color to match or even add a paper to it and make my own "alpha".

I do tend to do the colored chunky font or add paper to the chunky font more for my titles. I don't know that I have ever bought a separate alpha, I am just not drawn to them. If they are in the kit, great. If not, doesn't matter to me.

cfile and Angela Toucan like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Alarm off, brunch ON

I do like to use alphas for my titles. My favorite is when there is an alpha in the kit I'm using because then it automatically matches and I don't have to think too hard. Ha ha! If a kit I'm using doesn't have an alpha, then I usually just go search in the alpha section of the store until I find one I like and then I go see if I already have it in my stash. Lol! I should make a folder of alpha previews that I already own so it would make searching easier, but I know I'd never keep up with that chore, so I don't do it.

8. michelepixels

michelepixels Amazing, Awesome and Wonderful!

Often I don't feel the need for a title. However, when I do want one (or challenge requires one) I just scroll through my TLP folder until I see one I like. I've made it easy to see what I have by replacing the folder icons with the letter A for each alpha (same way I replace it with kit previews, as I've described before). I always pull alpha folders out of kits so I see them as I scroll through my TLP folder.