All that work and its probably gone (ACDSee)

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Mar 22, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Finally got around to installing ACDSee again and for the life of me I can't seem to download enough of the database backup off of backblaze to be able to use it or I keep downloading the wrong thing so I might be starting all over again with my tagging for the 999th time it seems.

Does anyone know what the file extension should be because whatever I have downloaded isn't it or im trying to import it the wrong way or something?

2. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with this Jennifer.
    My backup folder shows two files in it - ACDSee.bkup (very small)( and a zip folder called ACDsee.DB which contains all the info. You may need both of these for it to work.

bestcee likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

Thank you @janedee that makes sense, I had an idea I might have been missing something. I think I’ve only got the small file and not the zip file, will have to try again to get it off my laptop I think because with living at the bottom of the world my internet speed might as well be going in reverse when doing things like downloading from Backblaze.

4. littlekiwi

Thanks @janedee. Took me awhile to get back on to my old laptop to look for the zip but couldn’t find it. Decided rather than fighting with a dying laptop to find a file/folder that might not be there I’ve decided to re tag. Sure it’s extra work but probably easier right now anyway.