Alerts linked to watched threads?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by cookingmylife, Jan 8, 2019.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have suddenly - since MOC7 - been getting many unwanted alerts. I thought I had turned most everything off but I'm getting so many I really don't want. I checked - I thought - the check to unwatch ALL threads. But when I go to see my alert setting I get this ring around the top box. I don't want to watch any threads but I would like to see who mentions me in a message or likes or comments on a layout. TIA! Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 6.40.44 AM.png

2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@cookingmylife Maureen, try checking and unchecking the box. I have that boxed checked in my preferences, but when I unchecked it, the ring appeared. I rechecked it, then unchecked it, and the ring disappeared. Give that a try and see if that helps.

AZK likes this.
  3. cookingmylife

Thanks @mrs2a50 It was also all the watched threads that stunned me as I don't think I've ever chosen to watch a thread or a layout!

4. cookingmylife

@mrs250 After doing all the suggestions yesterday I am still getting alerts that I don't want. e.g. I leave a comment on a layout and then getting subsequent comments about that layout. What is being turned on?? I DID comment on all three of the layouts mentioned below but don't need to see any subsequent comments. ???
    alerts.png

5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

@cookingmylife I turn them off manually. So after I do some commenting in the gallery.... I go to Watched Layouts under Watched Content. Click the box on the ones that I just commented on and then scroll to the bottom and pick "stop watching media items" from the drop down menu.

I thought I had my alerts off, but I can't figure this one out, so I just do it this way.

Hope that helps!

7. cookingmylife

Thank you @KimJ and @AnneofAlamo. I have now turned off all of those 1st 4 as Anne showed. Lord there are a lot of settings!

So going back to what @tkradtke said. Is it a TLP site default that every layout you comment on becomes a watched one? Please say no!!!!! Or is there a place where you check 'watch' a layout other that the little line under the Media Tools above the layout? As far as I know I never consciously checked one of those.

KimJ likes this.
  8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Go to the Gallery and hit Watched Content > Watched Categories on the menu bar. There you should be able to see a list of which galleries you are watching and you can remove them from there.
    You have to select the ones you want to stop watching, and then choose that action from the menu at the bottom. (see below)
    [​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  9. cookingmylife

Thanks @lmccandless I seem to be ok now. Thanks so much!

bestcee and lmccandless like this.