Adobe Bridge Users

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by rdjrneace, Nov 1, 2018.

1. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Any suggestions on how this works or do you know if anyone has any great tutorials?

2. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

What are you looking to know? I use it a lot but they just released a brand new version so it's similar but has some new stuff.

3. rdjrneace

I don't use but need a better way to keep track of my supplies (hoard might be better name). I am just starting to trying to figure out items and looking for any suggestions.

LoveItScrapIt and Kat like this.
  4. Kat

It's a bit easier than Lightroom for organization in a sense that you really just have to know where your set of folders is. Then you can set favorites and go right to them. (Right click on anything to make it a favorite, an external drive, a folder, a photo, an element, etc...)
    Here's how mine looks with the most current update through Adobe CC. I also set my previews on each folder so it looks the same as the kit/collection preview so I can see at a glance what it is.

Click this image to see it larger.
    Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.10.00 PM.png

The way I learned it is by jumping in and clicking around. I'm not sure what tutorials to recommend but happy to answer any questions. Hopefully some others have some good tutorials. You tube is usually a good place to start. No matter what I learn about it, there's always something more to learn or something new so I barely even use all the features it has. I curious how many others use it and like it and what tips they have too. I chose this over the other programs because it came with my adobe CC subscription. :)

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@gonewiththewind has shown it in a few videos at watch Cheryl scrap. One of the October ones I think she showed a few things?
    Cheryl, see? There's totally a demand for a new video tutorial on Bridge!

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I just started using it for my supplies. I have tags for each store I buy from the most, a variety of every day things I search for related to - birthdays, holidays, boy, girl, etc.
    I only tag the PREVIEW of a product.
    I also have tags on ALL templates, such as 1 photo, 2 photos, 3 photos 4-5 photos, or 6 or more photos.

It is super simple once you get your "system" down for tagging. That was the hardest part, you have to tag for the way YOU think, when you're searching for products. So while @gonewiththewind has a TON and I mean a TON of tags that she needs, I have far less specifics, and tag more general.

Once you tag, then you just search for that tag or a set of tags, say birthday kits at TLP, and anything you've tagged will show the preview of that product. You can then right click to open in Explorer and it will take you to the folder in your windows hard drive so that you can start scrapping with it. I open templates in Photoshop so that I can just start using them

patsyt, gonewiththewind and bestcee like this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I like to use Bridge to see my PSD files. I don't use it very often though.

8. Kat

I tag my folders (macbook)...I wonder if those tags are recognized in bridge?

I tag my folders only and when I search in bridge, often things come up as buttons, flowers, papers, etc b/c they are titled by the designer that way.

9. rdjrneace

I am going to ask a stupid question - how do you tag? I am such a duh sometimes and I am just not seeing a way to do it.

A-M likes this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@rdjrneace In order to keyword or "tag" the items in Bridge, you have to set up your keywords. If you can't see your Keywords Panel, go to WINDOW (between TOOLS and HELP) and make sure that KEYWORDS PANEL is checked.

Once your Keywords Panel is visible, you'll need to decide what keywords you would like included. This involves you thinking about how you scrapbook and how you intuitively look for items in your stash. For instance, you may scrap by color, so setting up a detailed keyword hierarchy for colors would be important to you.

I chatted with Kiana about this in another thread. Here's the link to it:

DigiStash Organization

Like Kiana said, I do have quite a few keywords, but that's what fits ME. You can download and install my keywords if you'd like (they're included in that thread) if you want somewhere to start. You can delete keywords that don't fit your style, but mainly it's just there so you can see how someone uses keywords.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

Yep. Sounds like I need to get on the tutorial fast train. Right now I'm currently on the struggle bus. LOL

bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  12. LoveItScrapIt

ROFLMAOOOOO
    struggle bus!!!!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  13. gonewiththewind

I don't know why I have any transportation references in my slang, much less two . . . my other one is "bad luck truck." bwahahahahaha

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  14. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

I usually use Bridge to rename images and photos (both individually and in batch). It works wonders.
    And you can also tag items if it's what you're looking for.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

How to you batch rename? I'd love to know how to do that!

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  16. LoveItScrapIt

I love batch rename!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open the folder with the items you want to rename. Select all the items you want to rename. Then use the TOOL drop down and you'll see Batch Rename as the first option. There's lots of ways to rename the items from there.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  17. gonewiththewind

Thank you!!!

18. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

Exactly like @LoveItScrapIt says.
    Here're some screenshots from it;
    bridge-ss1.jpg
    This is where your renaming "formula" goes. You can add more items by clicking plus icons. Add your own custom text for the file, then add sequence numbers, letters, extention name etc. It's very useful for renaming individual alpha letters, template pngs, papers etc. :)
    bridge-ss2.jpg

19. gonewiththewind