Admin please note.

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Nemla, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I have been meaning to write this forum post for a while now , but have hesitated because it is perhaps not my place, but the longer we get in to the year, the more
    it becomes an unresolved issue , so I have a suggestion regarding next years MOC ( if there is going to be one ).
    Most of us are here because we like the community, and feel really at home and welcome here.
    We treat it as our digi home, and are hesitant to say things that can be taken in a negative way .
    We are however also customers, and week after week we spend money on this site.

Month after month we do the challenges , buy the kits, support the Designers,and admittedly have fun along the way,but we are loyal , really loyal, - and we are ( I think ) good customers.

So for the second year running to have to wait 6 plus months for the MOC gift certificates does not do the Pad any good. It has to be a two way relation ship.

It is clear that there is not enough people in administration , to make things run smoothly ( the 3 day delay for the forum post For Christmas in July is a good case in point. ) The Pollys did their best to get things going, but from a members and customers stand point, it was a shambles in the beginning which is a pity, because it turned into a good week or so of challenges, but perhaps with fewer people ,because a whole weekend was missed.
    But back to MOC;

If there is one next year might I suggest that NO gift certificate is offered ( unless it is a promise you can keep in a reasonable time frame. ) But instead leave it up to the Polly who is running the challenge to randomly draw a winner or two , and give a voucher of say 5 dollars , or what ever you deem reasonable.

I would hate to see MOC go, because it really is the best month of the year, but perhaps a slightly different format, that is easier to administrate for every one.

Thanks for reading this to the end.

bellbird and AJK like this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't understand why it's a problem. We are not entitled to this gift certificate. We're just making scrapbook pages not employees of TLP.

The GC is still good and useful whenever it comes. And I say this as someone with very little money to spend on fun stuff so I'm grateful for the many treats TLP offers. I've surely received more than $25 worth of product every year just by attending chats and/or completing the monthly challenges.

Please don't change MOC! I love it the way it is! :love

This is the best forum I've ever been a part of, and I've been a member of probably a dozen in the 13 years since the first one I joined. I hope the negative posts demanding MOC certificates don't discourage our hardworking TLP management and lead to the demise of the forum. :oops:

bellbird, katell, mom2jackaia and 3 others like this.
  3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

As I believe all of you have seen, the gift certificates have been sent out. I understand that some of you may have been frustrated by the late distribution of the GCs. However, as I mentioned a while back, this was again something that was outside of our control, as we rely on others to manage certain pieces of this puzzle. MOC is a big undertaking; we understand that and do it anyway, because the Pollys, designers and administrators love it as much as (we hope) our members do. We go into it with plans and a time line, but sometimes, through no fault of anyone, those plans have to change. Having this hang over our heads for 6 months is not what we wanted either; we understand that everyone is anxious and wants their "prize" so this was not an ideal situation for any of us.

This may not have addressed your concerns, but it's the best I can offer. We do understand, and share, your frustration with the fact that we were not able to wrap up the event as we had planned.

4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I appreciate what all of you have said but as was pointed out, this issue has happened two years in a row. And even though none of us are entitled to ANY reward for doing a MOC it does not reflect well for a business when what is promised is not fulfilled in a timely fashion. Once is a fluke but when something happens twice...well it makes a customer feel something is broken.

@mrs2a50 I would not have your job for anything because I see how much you do here. So thank you for answering so many times even when you had no answers.

Nemla and AJK like this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm just afraid the wonderful thing that MOC has been for the last several years might be changed, reduced, less fun . . . if there are so many complaints about how long it takes to process.

I've seen it happen before. Clickinmoms used to have a fabulous rather complex photo scavenger hunt every July with a variety of interesting prizes. Then, a few years ago, I guess they decided it was too complicated. There used to be a sign that had to be included in each photo and very creative list items. Now it's just a less interesting list of things to find (you could google and find a similar list probably) and all you do is post on IG and/or one single forum thread (not an individual thread for each participant). The game aspect and the challenge of creating images is gone.

So I'm just saying I love MOC, I appreciate all the people who make it happen, and I don't see any problem with waiting a few months for a gift certificate. It's not like the store ever runs out of wonderful things we'd like to have. :D

IntenseMagic and mom2jackaia like this.