Adding Multiple Layer Styles in CC 2021?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Karen, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am scrapping with my friend this weekend and she has been going crazy trying to figure out how to add more than one preset style in the newest CC 2021. For instance, I'm still using ancient PS CS5 and if I add a puffy sticker style that doesn't have a drop shadow, I can add the first style, hit SHIFT and click on a shadow style and both are added together. She said that she used to be able to do the same until this year's update. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and know how to do this? :)

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

So... here's what I had to do when I wanted to add a stroke and a shadow to rasterized text I wanted to use as a title. I added the stroke first, then control click (I'm on Mac) on the layer in the layers box thing (I'm so technical...lol) and chose create layer. That separated the two things into two layers... selected them both and merged them... THEN added the shadow. Does that make sense? If not, I'll try to explain better.

Karen likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

What Tracie said :)
    I usually add one style, go to 'create layer' to separate it all out, then add the second style and merge it all back together. If that makes sense.
    If there's a better way, I'd love to know!

Karen likes this.
  4. Karen

Ugh. That seems like a lot of work. Lol. Did you guys just start doing it that way since the new version? She's trying it now...

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm going to be watching this thread to see if there is a solution. I would really like a way to add the styles without doing Create Layer and merging.

Ferdy and Karen like this.
  6. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

I'm on a Mac and what works for me is: hold the shift key, click on the shadow style and drag it exactly above the layer where you want it.

7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@Karen I think it also depends on what version of Photoshop the style was created with. I too have some issues like Heather too with the update it does not always work. You can always group it for a folder file and add another syle to the group.

HeatherB and Karen like this.
  8. Karen

Yahoo!!! That did it! She says she could kiss you and could cry! Thank you!!! :heartslub

ajm and HeatherB like this.
  9. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

thank you Aly - I didn't know that ..

ajm likes this.
  10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

This also worked in Windows. It only works with the Styles window (as opposed to the styles pop-up you get when you double click a layer), but it works!! Thank you, thank you!!

ajm likes this.
  11. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I never knew this was a thing. I've always done as Christa mentioned and just nested the layer(s) in a group to add an additional style. I will have to give the shift-drag thing a try sometime. :)

12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

oh wow - that's an awesome tip! (and great question karen!)

Karen likes this.