Active Word Challenge

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by bestcee, Nov 9, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I've always loved the idea of Documenting My December but I often get overwhelmed with all the opportunities for photos! This year, I'm narrowing down my options by focusing on -ing words.

Decorating, Buying, Reading, Listening, Watching, Hearing
    Counting, Touching, Wrapping, Choosing, Listing, Ending
    Seeing, Reflecting, Lighting, Writing, Relaxing, Going
    Smelling, Visiting, Eating, Making, Crafting, Cooking,
    Enjoying, Sitting, Gifting, Believing, Beginning, Surrounding ​

Ok, that last one might be a stretch! And some of them I can think of two different ways to focus the word. Like Writing could be my to-do list for the day, or my son's letter to Santa.

I started off with a family tradition: the countdown of the Advent calendar.
    [​IMG]

My fellow Polly Kayla had some ideas too!
    Kayla used Eating:
    [​IMG]

And Writing
    [​IMG]

Come join us in "Active Words" for Documenting Your December! I'd love to see what you create! Let's share our words and pages and inspire each other!

bbymks5, Ga_L, honeyandcheese and 4 others like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I love the focus on the -Ing words here as a guide to what to capture and document for the month, and how some of them can be interpreted differently, like your writing example. I'm gonna put my think-ING hat on and will be back with somethING early next week!

bestcee likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Such a fun concept Courtney. I'm grabbing some of your prompts for my list!

bestcee likes this.
  4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I love your words! I hadn't really thought about what I would be journaling about this DYD, but these all seem like small bytes of information I'll be able to handle. I am inspired to add these to my memory planner as I am making my December planner spreads this weekend. :D

bestcee likes this.
  5. bestcee

That is my plan too! I'm hoping by keeping it simple, I can enjoy the process, and document it too.

klee73010 likes this.
  6. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I am going to set up my planner this weekend also and going to add some of your "ing" words.

bestcee likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love these and definitely need to incorporate them in to my pages!!

bestcee likes this.
  8. bestcee

Ooh! What planner? Inquiring minds and all that.

9. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Nothing special; just a regular calendar notebook style that I have made into my own.

bestcee likes this.
  10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

This is a GREAT idea. :tree I’ll add caroling and singing since the grandkids are in church Christmas plays. I’m trying to think of action words to use for this, but don’t think acting, performing, playing are quite right. Thoughts?

11. bestcee

I would totally use caroling! Performing and acting are great too!
    In my house, playing will probably end up in there as an everyday type page.

Iowan likes this.
  12. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Great list!! I'll have to steal some (okay...all) to use!!

bestcee likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

so this is mine; it's 4 -ing's on one 12x12 becos i keep all my xmas LO's in one D ring binder and i know me and printing pages and putting them in those sleeves is not something i do regularly or enjoy really but i like that i can scrap xmas pages out of order and still shuffle them into chronological order

[​IMG]
    So i stole 'counting' from your list - they pick a different theme for calendars every year and 2015 was minions apparently & they take turns in who gets the chockie each night #tradition #Decemberisfullofjunkfood
    We do a lot of 'making' and 'baking' (we aren't really into gingerbread so that's cinnamon dough soon to be decorated with m&m's)
    I used 'sharing' because this is offcuts or reject pieces of rockyroad we made to take to one of the bring-a-plate functions (and we eat a lot of offcuts during Dec).
    And 'giving', well, there's a whole lot of that in Dec but DH and I don't do much between us but the little things matter (like leaving the last drop of milk with a nice message and covering the bottle in little santa stickers) & the green writing is his msg back to me that he left after drinking said drop and leaving me the bottle to rinse for the recycle bin) #DecemberLife

bestcee and FILIPPOK like this.
  14. bestcee

Define offcuts for me?
    I love how you combined a few different words together on one page! And made it work for your memories. Awesome!

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

offcuts - my personal definition - edge bits of cakes and slices that are 'cut off' because i didn't line the cake pan properly and the edges look too imperfect for me to put on the 'bring a plate' plate - they are the bits the kids and i keep and eat for dessert at home (that said, rocky road is like the most imperfect looking food ever so offcuts aren't probably that bad but in this case it's the pieces that look like they are not a good representative mix of all the ingredients in the recipe) - i may have slightly high standards but i think that's why we eat a fair amount of offcuts in Dec!

bestcee likes this.
  16. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

My word is COUNTING as my son is counting down till Christmas, but is looking forward to getting out of school even more!!
    [​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  17. bestcee

I did a counting one too! Love how you added both the advent and the school getting out! @meterr

18. bestcee

Oops! I used the word building. I'm going to use counting for something else I think.
    [​IMG]