A Love for Layout Templates on Facebook

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Apr 21, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm sure that many people here post on this group (A Love for Layout Templates) on Facebook. I've been posting on there the past month and only one old one has "survived" and the rest have disappeared. Have you ever had some of your posts disappear? I'm just curious.

Thanks!

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm a member of the group, so I searched for posts by you and there are some from just hours ago, and then a bunch of older ones. Facebook has been fickle lately with me, so maybe you just need to clear cache/cookies and reload?

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  3. QuiltyMom

Thank you for looking, Cheryl. Those were the ones I saw, too. I’ll just have to go back and upload them again. They are on the other places I put them, so this whole thing is quite baffling.

Facebook’s AI has been working overtime these days and it’s marking all sorts of things for removal. It’s crazy. I guess they don’t like Disney. Lol! Oh well... I’ll be busy tomorrow getting it done.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

My recent problem has been tagging someone in a post in a private group. It will tag two people, but that third one, no way! LOL I love Facebook and it's amazing what we're able to share and do with the software, but sometimes, sometimes, I just want them to leave it alone! :crazy

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  5. QuiltyMom

@gonewiththewind I just went to upload a page made with your new templates, and it flagged my post to see if it was appropriate for selling!!! So, I'm guessing that the FB bots deleted what I had uploaded. From now on I'll make a post without links, then edit to add the links. This censorship is getting unreal.

6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I’ve noticed if you have anything about the sale especially percentage off, your post will be tagged for moderation. Someone mentioned adding it later works. HTH

QuiltyMom likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

@QuiltyMom One of my CTMs mentioned they were having issues with that as well. I'm totally OK with you posting links in the comment section of your post if editing after posting doesn't work.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  8. QuiltyMom

All I did was put in the description along with the link to the store. It's crazy because it's what I do in all the layout forums and haven't had a problem. I didn't say anything about a sale or go buy this template set. Their AI programs are set to be hyper critical. They even flagged a comment I made in a friend's post that had the word "hoe" in it because it was inappropriate and hateful speech. Crazy.

And yes, adding it later definitely works. I'll be doing that from here on out!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't have these problems since I don't post layouts for CT use anymore but FB is getting out of hand with their algorithms. They say flagging someone as a "favorite" will have their posts appear in your timeline over others. DOESN'T WORK. I have family flagged as favorites and I miss a lot of their posts. I decided to actually go to their timelines and look to see if they just haven't been posting. They have been and I have missed a lot!

But FB wants me to see what they determine my interests are. :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

QuiltyMom likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

I had one come up as going under review today so I decided to google why facebook is doing this and found a work around. Facebook thinks you're trying to sell something, so if you click on the 3 dots icon on the top right of your post, you can turn off the facebook for sales format... problem solved, though annoying that Facebook is tagging some for the 'for sale' format. :crazy3

But hope that workaround helps, so you don't have to go in and edit your posts.

LynnG and QuiltyMom like this.
  11. QuiltyMom

Cool!!!!! Thanks, Kayla!

12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm having problems with Facebook marking layouts for sale when I'm posting stuff in Lynn's group if I mention % off or new product etc regardless of if I include links or not. It's really annoying.

LynnG and QuiltyMom like this.
  13. keepscrappin

Facebook started a new algorithm that tries to decide if you're wanting to sell something. So if it does that to you, just click the 3 dots icon and turn off the for sale format to change it to a regular post. :agree

mnjenlittle and Angela Toucan like this.
  14. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

Thanks, Kayla! I got that on both posts I made yesterday. In Gingerscraps and in the Digtal Scrapbooking group. I didn't even say anything about a sale. I deleted them and added the info later. Thanks for looking that up! It was so weird.

QuiltyMom and keepscrappin like this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@HavaDrPepper
    What I do is unfollow everyone who is my friend, and only leave the ones that I want to see the updates from. That way, I get way less ads, and I see those who matter. I can always bring up other people by searching or in groups.

16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Believe me, I have unfollowed a lot of people and only have about 200 friends to begin with. I have quite a few on 30 day snooze as well. There are times my feed does not have any new posts for several hours but I can go look at someone that I do follow and see that they have posted during that time. I found this past week that I totally missed some family portraits my cousin had done of her family that her daughter had posted.... LAST OCTOBER! The daughter is followed and a favorite and still doesn't show up so I'm missing all her cute pictures of her almost 2 year old daughter.

They had a product that worked but they totally messed it up with all their algorithms... that S***.

bestcee likes this.
  17. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

[​IMG]
    Templates are a great way to add spice to a layout! :) and help your creative juices get going

18. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

19. QuiltyMom

I think I may have discovered why the posts have disappeared. If they’re considered a “for sale” post then Facebook automatically deletes them after a specific amount of time.

20. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

So weird! At least you have discovered the reason.

I'm having this issue too. I avoid putting percentages, but I think just the shop links are prompting sale posts. I have to turn off the sale format on almost every post I make in FDD's fan group.