A Basic WHO are YOU and WHAT are you doing?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by lmccandless, Dec 30, 2011.

1. mom2triplets04

mom2triplets04 Member

Name: Laura
    Project type: P365, Project Life (maybe still debating)
    Medium: I am mainly digital but thinking of doing PL hybrid
    Experience: Completed and printed P365 2009 and 2010. Finishing up 2011 (need to do like one more layout). These are all digital. 2012 not sure if I want to go paper again. Still debating. Love the idea and I still have so much scrapping supplies from before I went digital I could use. I'm not sure I want to go back to 12 x 12 in size! 7 years ago when I went digital I reduced my books to 8 x 8 and I really like that size. Uggg don't know what to do.

2. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Name: Jewelle
    Project type: P365 and Project Life
    Medium: hybrid
    Experience: tried and failed P365 in 2009, 2010, & 2011. Positive that I'm going to succeed this year! Newbie to Project Life.

3. NicoleLeBlanc

NicoleLeBlanc Don't make me call your mother! Oh, wait ...

Name: Nicole :wooot

Project type: 365 @ http://365project.org/nicoleleblanc74/365
    AND Project Life

Experience: veteran/newbie: I did P365 successfully in 2010. I took a break in 2011. I will be a newbie doing PLife in 2012!

4. groenhop

groenhop Takes advice from 3 year olds.

Name: Tricia
    Project Type: 365
    Medium: iPhone
    Experience: Attempted and failed miserably last year so I'm giving it another go!

5. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Name: Debra
    Project type: Project Life. The Clementine full kit was shipped today!
    Experience: Newbie. I tried p365 a few years ago but failed!! I won't be taking pictures everyday either...maybe just a weekly page.

6. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Name: Melissa
    Project Type: P365
    Medium: I'm planning to do a little bit of both Project Life and P365. I am doing P365 with digital pages, but plan to use the Clementine binder and card stock set and journaling to keep up with little memorabilia (mostly the kid's school stuff). I'm also planning to scrap the year as I go and print once a month.
    Experience: I've successfully completed 2 years of P365, but it's definitely the first year to try to scrap and keep up to date with my pages.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  7. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

Name: Denise
    Project type: P52
    Medium: digital
    Experience: newbie

I think I am just going to try to tackle P52 this year and see how well I do before I get too much invested. If I can hang with this then next year I'll step it up. :) LOVE the concept of project life and Laura's album was so inspiring :luvya...but I am not sure if I can keep up... baby steps.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  8. liahra

liahra Active Member

Name: Christine
    Project type: turns out the january BYOC convinced me of doing Project Life instead :whistle
    Medium: all digi
    Experience: completed P365 in 2010, failed in 2011. completed december daily (31 pages in 31 days) in 2010 and 2011.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  9. MelissaL88

MelissaL88 foot stomping tantrum thrower

Name: Melissa
    Project Type: Project Life
    Medium: Turquoise Core kit and plastics, digital Clementine and other goodies as needed.
    Experience: Total Noob! I failed miserably at P365 in previous years (the most I ever made it was to the end of February! :eek ) But, since I fell off the scrap wagon last year, I need something to get those memories down...I'm hoping this is it.

10. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

Great thread Laura!

Name: Kate :)
    Project type: P365/PL
    Experience: serial P365 dropout - didn't finish in 2010 and 2011 and also didn't finish PL in 2010. I am hoping you guys will keep me going this year!

11. sucali

sucali sucali

Name: Susanne
    Project type: P365/Project Life
    Medium: all digital, I bought the digital clementine and turquoise kit, but will mix with other elements
    Experience: I did a complete "daily family life" book in 2010 and 2011, now starting PL

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  12. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

Update: since I posted my original intro, I've already changed gears! So here's the update:

Name: Amy (that didn't change) :giggle
    Project type: Project Life and Project 52 (with M4H)
    Medium: DIGI
    Experience: Started Project Life in 2011 and went hybrid, but I'm finishing out the year digital. I'm excited to take some pressure off of myself and keep it simple by going digi. I plan to print my layouts and put them into 12x12 page protectors, so I can still include inserts for each week. I have never attempted P52 before, but I'm excited to use that as an avenue to challenge and improve my photography skills.

13. melwilson

melwilson New Member

Name: Mel (Melissa)
    Project Type: P365/Project Life...or whatever this thing morphs into
    Medium: Hybrid...I bought the clementine core kit, but want to use some of my smash goodies, and I'm planning on making some of my own printables to share on the blog. Figure I'll use my phone with the Photo365 app and Instagram and I'll have to sometimes hi-jack my daughter's new Instax for creative purposes.
    Experience: Zip. Total noob. But I'm writing it down here so that it's really gonna happen. I'm serious. I realized recently that I've done so many hybrid-y things, templates, and making goodies to share that I have massive amounts of 'doing for my own' that I want to accomplish!

14. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

Jumping in a bit late, though I have been taking photos since Jan. 1!

Name: Shannon
    Project type: Project Life (was going to be P365 - but I changed my mind)
    Medium: Digital
    Experience: I did 6 weeks of P365 in 2010 and 6 months of P12 in 2011. This is so my year!

15. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Name: Heather
    Project type: P12 - doing monthly double-page summaries
    Medium: Digital, then printing a photobook at the end of the year
    Experience: I failed at P365 in 2009 and 2010, and didn't even try in 2011

16. Tracyfish

Tracyfish President of the not-so-clean plate club

Name: Tracy
    Project type: Project Life
    Medium: Paper with some digital elements printed here and there, Turquoise Album & Core Kit
    Experience: Completed P365 digitally in 2009, 2010 and 2011

17. ChantalK

ChantalK ChantalK

Name: Chantal (aka Frilly Spaghetti)
    Project type: P52
    Medium: A mix. I've just purchased the Project Life digital templates from Becky Higgins but I'll be printing journaling tags from this January's BYOC and ordering her Photo Pocket pages.
    Experience: Newbie...well sort of. I tried the P365 last year and it was a miserable fail. This time around I've chosen the P52 and I am hoping it will be more fun and feel like less of a chore!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  18. simply-j-studio

simply-j-studio Member

Name: Jaime
    Project type: Project Life Clementine edition
    Medium: paper + hybrid combo
    Experience: I wouldn't say veteran, but I did Project 365 two years ago with a kit Becky Higgins sold through Creating Keepsakes that is very similar to Project Life. Problem is, I stopped halfway through the year! My goal is to keep caught up this year while going back and finishing that one!

19. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Name: Brandi
    Project type: Project Life, Cobalt Edition with some goodies from TLP :beat
    Medium: mix of paper and hybrid
    Experience: Attempted P365 for two years and made it about half way through. 1st year doing Project Life. I'm going to try and do a photo a day and have a two page spread for each week. If I can't take a pic each day, who cares... I'm happy with having a few from that week to share :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  20. ang517

ang517 New Member

Name: Ang

Project type: Two Project Life albums, one will be a 2012 P365 and the other will be all my 2011 photos.

Medium: mostly paper with some digi, probably for journaling.

Experience: I did P365 in 2010, all digi. This is my first Project Life experience. Once I decided to use PL for P365 I started thinking about how far behind I am (years and years) of just getting photos into albums and how when I print out 2011's pics they'll just be added to that backlog. Then it dawned on me... use PL to get 2011's album done, get to those back years when I can but why keep getting more and more behind?