8/12 SPEED SCRAP - Instructions and Page Links

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Dana, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Dana

Dana Dana

hi everyone! here are the instructions for the 8/12 speed scrap. you will have one hour after the end of the scrap to complete your page and post here :)

note - you are allowed one cheat - please just let me know what it is :)

1) Select either ONE or TWO pictures - and place it/them on the center of the page - slightly to the left. if two pictures, they should be in a column vertically.

2) Select a neutral background paper. in addition, select a patterned paper that is cut into a vertical strip. it should be the length of your page - and about half the width of your page. place it under your pictures - but slightly to the right (so that your picture(s) have some space on the left where there is no strip of paper).

3) Layer some papers/ribbons/scallops/etc on the edges of the long paper strip. Also use papers or a frame to mat/frame the picture(s).

4) Add some elements using a visual triangle - place an element (or element cluster - get as busy as you like) in the following three spots: a) top left corner of the picture(s) ; b) bottom right of the long paper strip ; and c) on the paper strip - above the pictures and to the right. also add any stitching/ribbons/paint/brushwork you like (if any).

5) Add some journaling and a title to the right of the picture(s) - on top of the paper strip. you can add journal cards, paper strips, paint, etc if you want to have something to write on.
    you can also use word art, etc ...

that's it :) can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  2. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Here is my page, my one cheat is on the background paper (not a neutral I think?)
    [​IMG]

3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I'd call that a neutral, Maribel!
    I don't think I used any cheats.
    [​IMG]

4. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I didn't think I had cheated but I maybe my paper is too central and not enough to the right, so I will call that my cheat on this one.

[​IMG]

5. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Tried to follow the instructions. Needless to say, if I goofed that is my cheat. Thanks for the fun SS. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

6. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I did use my Nancie Rowe Janitz kits and some Pink Reptile Designs. My cheat is the journaling on the left side for obvious reasons.

[​IMG]

7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Made it puhhh ha
    [​IMG]

8. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

[​IMG]

Don't think I've cheated! Thanks xx

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

10. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

If I missed something or did it wrong then I cheated. I cheated using too many designers with new names!
    [​IMG]

11. Tracey Monette

Tracey Monette Active Member

[​IMG]

So I was ready to load before noon, but I accidentally was doing my password wrong and got kicked out for 15 minutes. so Put this over on the facebook page for Lilypad. Hope that can count. Used Summer Camp by Just Jaime/Mommyish (collab). My cheat was a not quite perfect triange as requested.

12. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Your layout is so fresh and organic in feel. Love the mix of patterns and the way you layered the title letters.

13. Tracey Monette

Tracey Monette Active Member

Thanks so much for the compliment Diane - it was a fun quick layout to do and I'm impressed with how well it came out considering especially I came into the chat 30 minutes late. LOL.

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

great job everyone - can't wait to see this inspiration piece/sketch

15. Dana

Dana Dana

i love everyone's pages! so, so great! thanks everyone for playing along - sending PMs out now with the participation prizes - so check your inboxes :)

16. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

Thanks Dana, great fun! :)

17. Dana

Dana Dana

i'm actually headed out the door right now for a meeting - but i'll leave love for you all soooooon!

and in case you wanted to see the original inspiration - here it is :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]