5:00 am Chat Tutorial scrap

Discussion in 'Challenges for 24 Hour World Connectedness Event' started by MrsPeel, Mar 31, 2020.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Stretching our stash- making flowers from patterned papers-

I have this amazing tutorial from @jenn mccabe for most of you who use Photoshop
    http://pinkreptiledesigns.blogspot.com/2019/03/inspiration-flower-embellishments-from.html

I can’t take screen shots of Craft Artist Pro,(I scrap in an old iMac which I haven’t update system since 2015 so the program will still work- plus the keyboard is an old PC one which is missing 4 keys in the top ) but it is extremely simple : click on Cutout Studio, choose the brush size (which I change for smaller places and so on) If you choose a pattern where the colors are contrasting is always easier, also I finish it up using the eraser tool if very small spaces don’t get done with the cutout.

Your page should have :

A. 2 flowers or bunches of flowers, from 2 different papers, and I want you to SHOW me the papers where you took the flowers from.

B. When you come to the forum thread HERE to post your page, you post your page (as we do in usual chat/scraps) then you click on the choice in the bottom for “UPLOAD FILE” look for the kit you used and upload each paper, you can choose to show the thumbnail only if you want, or fill size when you are uploading.

C. Your page should be done with a sold or semi solid (can have texture or be watercolor) so we can give those flowers a proper show.
    Apart from that, you can be as creative as you like, as simple or filled page as you like, can use templates, BUT I NEED TO SEE those flowers clearly.

Edit to Add : I find challenges that actually "challenge" me to learn and try new things are great, even if I get a bit nervous to start with.... by now I know I ended up loving having given a go.... BUT......
    as we are in crazy times.... I want you to feel comfortable and pleasure on making a page, so, if you get stressed to find your way, get creative and tell me what you did , in case you found it stressing to follow the tutorial....
    The point of this is, in times when we are uncertain about money, I thought stretching our stash is a great idea :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  2. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Interesting tutorial - thank you for the challenge Cynthia.

[​IMG]

I used
    from PRD - captured
    prd_captured_pp_02.jpg

and also from PRD - Sprung
    prd_sprung_pp_09.jpg

cfile likes this.
  3. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

This was fun! A little fiddly, but fun. Thanks for the distraction!

bbonneville-halloweenish-paper2.jpg bbonneville-halloweenish-paper14.jpg
    [​IMG]

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

5. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Yes this was fun!
    [​IMG]
    prd_truetoyourself_pp_01.jpg VW_SunKissed_p6_2.jpg jj_spicerack_pp02_x.jpg

6. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Loved the tutorial - learned something new.
    [​IMG]

lgrieveson_sanctuary_22.jpg prd_iat_pp_05.jpg