3BluEyedBabies LOs

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Layouts' started by 3BluEyedBabies, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

January 21- Birthday Challenge

[​IMG]

2. 3BluEyedBabies

January 22-Title IN a Shape

[​IMG]

3. 3BluEyedBabies

January 23-Interview About the Past

[​IMG]

journaling {493 words}:
    What do you remember about our trip to the Outer Banks?
    Curtis:
    We ate at a really good seafood restaurant! It was an all you can eat buffet. We could walk to the beach from the house. The kids flew kites with Uncle Rick. The weather was nice. We saw lighthouses. We saw the Wright Brother's museum. We got duck donuts that were really good. It was the first time we had duck donuts. We went to an aquarium and we saw fish! We saw a fox eating a fish right outside our house. We went swimming in the ocean. We had to leave early because of a hurricane and then we were stuck in traffic. We drove a lot and walked a lot.

Lynn:
    It was really hot! The sun was out every day and we got up early enough every day to see the sunrise over the ocean. The first day, you and I got up a little before 5 am and walked on the beach by ourselves with no kids which was so nice. There was no one else on the beach. It was so cold in the house because of the air conditioner that someone kept turning down, that I had to wait for my camera lens to clear up because it was full of condensation from going from the cold to the hot, humid weather. I took so many pictures! We spent one morning at the Wright Brother's museum which was a lot of fun. We went to the aquarium where we saw an albino alligator that didn't even look real! We saw lots of jellyfish, sharks, stingrays, and crustaceans. We even got to touch some of them! We also went to the Roanoke Island Festival Park where we got to see what is was like for the early settlers and the Indians who lived there. We went on an old ship. It was really neat. We also spent as much time as we could at the beach. Austin was so afraid of the ocean at first, but as the week went on, he loved it so much he didn't want to leave. Because of the incoming hurricane, we weren't allowed to go out past our ankles because of the rip current for quite a few days, but we still went for walks every day before the sun came up and collected lots of shells.

What was your favorite thing about the OBX?
    Curtis:
    Being with my family.
    Lynn:
    We went in September, so there were only a few other people on the beach when we went and that was wonderful! It was just so peaceful and relaxing walking on the beach that I didn't want to leave! We went with Deb and Rick which was also nice to have other adults with.

Would you go there on vacation again?
    Curtis:
    Yes, because it was a good trip.
    Lynn:
    Yes, but maybe find a nicer house to stay in.

4. 3BluEyedBabies

5. 3BluEyedBabies

January 25-Designs on an Angle

[​IMG]

6. 3BluEyedBabies

7. 3BluEyedBabies

January 27 -Fill Up the Template

[​IMG]

8. 3BluEyedBabies

January 28- Paper and Paint

[​IMG]

9. 3BluEyedBabies

January 29-Just the Highlights

[​IMG]

journaling (316 words)
    We decided after everything going on, we needed a beach day! We got up before dawn, packed up the cooler with lots of drinks, sandwiches, and fruit. We filled our trusty beach bag with sunblock & towels. We loaded up the beach chairs, boogie boards, and beach blanket. With the truck all loaded and the directions loaded into the GPS, we were on our way! It was a nice two and a half-hour drive. The kids slept for a little bit. Traffic was a bit heavier than we expected. Once we finally got to the 'Cape Henlopen' sign, we were all relieved to get out of the car and run to the bathroom! It was only around 8 am. We changed into our swimsuits at the bathhouse and then we each loaded up with beach gear, and we were off to the beach! We could hear the surf and smell the ocean before we could see it. I love that feeling! The sand was already hot and it took a little while to find a nice, flat spot to plop our stuff. We all put on sunblock and then the kids ran into the ocean! I sat down on my beach chair and just relaxed, enjoying the sounds of the surf and the briny ocean smell. The seagulls were calling and the sand was warm on my feet. After playing in the waves for a bit, the boys were ready to dig a giant hole and bury each other! I forgot my book, but just listening to the sound of the ocean and watching the kids was enough to keep me content. Of course, I took lots of pictures! Around 2 pm we all had enough of the sun and decided to go change out of our swimsuits and swim trunks and go exploring the trails at the cape. I'll keep that story for another day!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  10. 3BluEyedBabies

January 30-Extreme Shadows -3D Sculpture World

[​IMG]

11. 3BluEyedBabies

January 31- Scrap From Your Heart

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.