30 Day Shred anyone?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by lynning, Oct 5, 2012.

1. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I need a Shred accountability partner. Ideally, I'd like someone that wants to start day 1 together - my plan is to start it on 10/8/2012 I'm doing the shred in preparation for starting Insanity. I totally want my hubby to not know what hit him when cycling season starts up again in the Spring.

Ok, that said - I usually make it to day 6 and die and never get back to it. :(

2. Pheeebzzz

Pheeebzzz Well-Known Member

I too intend to exercice again and am willing to be your 30 day shred partner :)

3. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I started 30 Day Shred again on 10/1, but I haven't done it every day, LOL. It made me sore and I couldn't do it the next day, ha ha. But I also run, so it's hard for me to fit both running and 30 Day Shred everyday. I'll cheer you on though, and I'll keeping doing it regularly.

You can find me on Daily Mile here: http://www.dailymile.com/people/supertwinkle

4. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

I started the 30 DS on Oct 1, but I'm doing it every other day instead of every day. When I do it everyday, I end up injuring myself or getting sick! Today is day 3 for me.

5. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

I'll join you. I need someone to give me that KICK. I was gonna start after ds's birthday party on the 13th, but was also thinking this am: it's ONLY 20 mins. I CAN make that time. That said, there is no way I'll be able to do it on the 13th and 14th, but I'll be right back to it on the 15th with you! (I'm another who makes it about 5 days and then peters out...)

Oh yah. and I need to start working off all the birthday calories before i can't fit into my jeans...boooooo! that being said, it's back to the kitchen!

6. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

well I was going to start the 30 Day shred soon too but I'm not sure if my fat butt can handle it daily! ummm maybe we could hang out here together and complain about how murderous Jillian is hehe

7. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

wow!! interesting.. may I know what is a 30 Days Shred..? are there particular exercises to be done?

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm planning on starting on Monday myself, so I'll join you guys. I've never made it 30 days in a row, but even when I don't it totally helps!

9. Pheeebzzz

Lili, the 30 day shred is a training program on DVD by Jillian Michaels. It's a circuit training combining weight lifting, cardio and abs and I found it really helpful the first time I did it, in 30 days I could really see a difference, I lost weight, was more toned and had waaaay more stamina !

10. AmberR

So we're on for Monday, then? Shall we start an accountability thread extra for the shredders? I really NEED it. The amount of sugar I consumed today was...unspeakable.

11. Pheeebzzz

I'm definitely starting on Monday too, today was the last day we celebrated my boys' birthdays... so from now on no more cake and some exercice !

12. AmberR

I've still got the little boy's birthday party next sat and the big Boy (aka the husband) celebrates his birthday next Sunday. Now when do I make the husband's cake?!

13. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Thanks sweetie!! I will probable need to get the DVD..

14. amandac

*gulp* when you say accountability thread Amber tell me that there aren't going to be whippings with wet noodles for non-compliance .... coz I'm scared now haha

15. AmberR

bwa ha ha!! I'm perfectly willing to hand the wet noodle over to you because after this weekend, I am beyond exhausted and the thought of starting the shred tomorrow makes me tremble! plus, there are party streamers encircling my entire living room and I know I'll be smacking into them when those jumping jacks start!! at least they'll be down by the time week three and those superstar jumps start!

16. Pheeebzzz

I'm quite nervous about starting tomorrow, I'm just so out of shape :/... but I'll so it anyway, don't want any wet noodles near me :D

17. AmberR

oh look at you! you're in France! yay! we'll even be in the same time zone while shredding. YAY! I'll be doing it as soon as my kids are off to school/preschool. Hopefully by 9am. yikes!

18. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

Oh... I'm gonna join in but like Christine, I'm mixing mine with running... So I can cheer but won't be doing it everyday... hoping tues, thurs, and sat... but may be more depending on if I wake up in time to go running in the morning... not sure if I can start this week either since I'm fighting the nasties still

19. Dana

Dana Dana

i've been meaning to do this again ... so i'll join in as well ... no time like the present to start :) good luck everyone :)

20. amandac

Amber and Pheeebzz if I was shredding you wouldn't have to worry about me whipping out the wet noodles - I would barley be able to lift my arms haha! Luckily for you when I checked with my Chiro about doing the DVD he vetoed me :( - he is treating me for a rotator cuff injury at the moment and he seems to think that I will do myself harm ... I suppose he is right as I can't even iron without my shoulder hurting ... oh well its back to walking for me :)