3.19 just because my house is clean challenge

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Mar 19, 2016.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

lol oh Carilyne! I am wicked compulsive, I have a small rag and pledge by my desk, so while I am waiting for pages to load, I clean...my family most common phrase...mom sit! stop cleaning! lol

2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I don't have that problem! Mine is mostly the clothes that got wet in the washer hose disaster. LONG unhappy story but they were my clothes that had gone missing. I do have a tidy (in his own way) DH who forgets where he puts things.

3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Do you hire out? :-)

4. carilyne

I almost said that! I need an organizer though first.

mcurtt likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

my "career" used to be an organizer! I would go and watch you work in home businesses and then recommend computer software and ways to streamline their business. If you have ever read the book Cheaper by the Dozen. The father was an applied motion studier? lol, not sure of the actual phrase, but he was my childhood hero! I love how he tried to use less steps or motion to complete simple everyday tasks.
    oh goodness, look at me babble on and on! lol but I have had to over the years not be so compulsive...my family it exhausts them...and my oldest...his sweet wife, she comes to me..and says why?? lol

6. AnneofAlamo

as to organizing...the BEST start is Mari Kondo's the magic art of tidying! be still my heart

7. carilyne

Have it, read intro. Need to take a day and read it. Mostly I need something to put it in. At this phase and then organizing the rest. Can you tell I'm overwhelmed with it all right now.

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Can you start smaller? I mean like... one drawer at a time. :) sometimes that's what I have to do. The tiny "wins" help me feel accomplished, and get started.

Today, I trashed all my scrapbooking paper scraps/pieces I've held on to since my first scrapbooking project in high school! (I haven't used them yet, so I decided it's time! )

9. mcurtt

Well... I bought that book over a year ago. I still haven't cracked the cover. Now I'm not sure where it even is. :ballonhang

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh totally get it now! I am in!!!! I start working tomorrow on that sub-teaching position for 7 weeks!

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

You see I start small and can't get my head out of the big picture and get overwhelmed... and it ends bad!

Marilyn, maybe that's why my house is a mess I ALWAYS have time for a book. LOL!!!!

12. carilyne

Actually I was starting smaller. Had cleaned up my room and it was looking good. Getting things all tidy. Then one night my DH starts bringing up clothes that had gotten wet when the washer hose broke. Turns out it was clothes he either didn't bring up and also clothes that I had taken on my trip and he had unpacked my suitcase (against my wishes) threw them in a laundry basket and taken downstairs. So I know have clothes all over my living room. So I didn't mean to tackle this. I know it sounds weird I didn't miss them (I had just thought they were safely tucked away). The others I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't find them anywhere. Such is life and it was a crazy year.

13. AnneofAlamo

readers digest version of book
    1. start in bedroom....take every bit of clothes you one and pile up on the bed or floor.
    pick up clothes ONE at a time, touching it and make a pile to keep (I separated as I made piles)
    ONLY keep the clothes that spark joy..that you really really love.
    then fold kindly in these cool ways (available on youtube) and be amazed at how awesome it looks!
    I started last August, and in 3 months did my whole house.
    3 truckloads to thrift store
    18 black garbage bags to trash
    and my house stays clean
    the first time I did clothes it took me 12 straight hours. I did a refresh Saturday in my room, took 1 hour. PUlling everything out! I threw away ONE small bag of clothes and gave 5 shirts away.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and klee73010 like this.
  14. klee73010

last week I pulled out a big box of my clothes for giveaway. and kids' clothes. and filed 4 boxes of junk in the office, either for file/keep, or shred (hubby dropped 16lbs of "to shred" stuff off at Office Max!). today I did the paper trash of scrap paper. I will be purging a lot of craft stuff I don't use, too... and my old cricut is going up for sale :O

15. klee73010

I am finally back with a page... Say Yes to AJ:

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  16. mcurtt

Took off from work today, got to play. Amazing what you can do with awful selfies when you turn them into stamps. :-)

[​IMG]

klee73010 likes this.
  17. AnneofAlamo

oh making them into stamps is too awesome.!!! love this idea and the dark colors with neon swoon

18. carilyne

That's cool. I don't know how to do that. Don't tell Anne though.

mcurtt likes this.
  19. mcurtt

Carilyne, there are lots of videos and tutorials on the web. What program do you use? I use Photoshop CS5.

Essentially you pull your photo/element/etc. onto a white background & rasterize it, go to IMAGE, ADJUSTMENTS, then THRESHOLD. Your image will then be B&W. Play with the threshold slider until you see the contrast you'd like. Then SELECT your image (the black), go to EDIT, DEFINE BRUSH PRESET. You do have to be a bit concerned that your image isn't over 2500, because at least my version has some limitations & the DEFINE BRUSH PRESET doesn't appear... Then you would save your brush thru EDIT, PRESET MANAGER. Like I said, lots of tutorials that would be much better than me attempting, but it really is pretty easy. I'd suggest you play with a number of them all at the same time to get the hang of it. :-)

20. carilyne

Thank you. I use Paintshop, but often can figure it out from photoshop directions, or I'll find a tutorial. Just something new to me. Your layout turned out really cool.

mcurtt likes this.