2023 LOD - March 1st - Designed by Soco

Discussion in '2023 LOD' started by sucali, Mar 1, 2023.

1. sucali

sucali sucali

2023 LOVE OUR DESIGNERS – March 1st – Designed by Soco

:fairydanceToday‘s Daily Crush is Designed by Soco!!!:fairydance

01.jpg

Welcome to the 2023 edition of Love Our Designers

This event isn't a traditional challenge in that there aren't any real rules.
    It’s a fun event to scrap with products from a fave designer or try a new (to you) designer.
    It’s all about having fun and celebrating the uniqueness of all of our Lilypad Designers!

02.jpg

03.png
    TLP SHOP | BLOG | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | NEWSLETTER

I feel honored to be responsible for Soco's day and to introduce her to you! :happyhug

If you’re not familiar with her, go have a look at her amazing store here. Soco's minimalist yet modern style is just awesome! I have been a fan of her style for many, many years. I love using her kits and templates because they really help me scrap clean and simple pages effortlessly! Soco is also one of the collaborative designers for TLP's Memory Pockets Monthly Subscription...an amazing monthly subscription where you get a main kit, plus add on kits are 35% off!!!

Let's get to know Soco a bit better - she kindly agreed to an interview!

Tell us a little about yourself and about your family

My name is Soco (I say it because people ask sometimes if that’s my real name, and yes, it is, lol! :) ), born and raised Mexican, but living in France for the last 20 years, happily married to my Frenchie husband for 18 years and Mom of two beautiful teenagers (ages 12 and 16).
    I first came to France to study French civilization and culture at the Sorbonne and I was offered a job at an ONG in the UNESCO shortly afterwards. I was supposed to stay here for only 5 years, but then I met my husband, lol! I guess it’s called destiny… :)
    The girls were born here, and while they are both very “French”, they do have a strong connection with Mexico and our huge extended family and friends over there. Hubby loves Mexico too and it’s always been very important to us to keep up a bicultural environment at home.

This picture was taken last summer in our friends’ wedding:

04.jpeg

I know, you live in France – in what region do you live?

After living in Paris for 8 years, and then in a small city in the suburbs, we moved to a tiny village in the countryside of the Champagne region in 2017.
    We love living here, it’s calm and quiet, and we really enjoy that.
    The region is beautiful and we love seeing the vineyards landscape changing with every season.

05.jpeg

Which came first, scrapbooking or designing?

Scrapbooking. I’ve been a memory keeper all my life, and I discovered digital scrapbooking after my eldest was born. It quickly became not only a memory keeping tool, but a real creative outlet to me.
    I began creating freebie templates in 2008 and I was offered the opportunity to open my first store in 2014. As we had decided I’d stay at home with the girls after my youngest was born, designing became my full-time job.
    Nowadays, I don’t scrap as much as I’d like, but I’m trying to do a little more this year. And I still try to keep doing my project life albums every year, even if I’m always behind, lol!​

[​IMG]

What does your work space look like?

I have a little office at home, which is kind of a mess at present. I’ve been working in the dining room since winter began because it’s closer to the firewall (which is in the living room), and I prefer the warmness of this space. :) But it’s not really comfortable for my arms and back, so I’ll have to go back to my office really soon.

07.jpeg

:beat:beat:beat

:happydance2Today is not only Soco‘s day, but also yours!:happydance2

It’s your chance to stock up your stuff because Soco has a sale today in honor of her feature:

Her entire store is on sale for 40% off, for today only!!!

08.jpg

--> click here to go shopping at Soco's Shop at The Lilypad <--

:beat:beat:beat

Our lovely Soco has something special for you:

She also has a newsletter freebie for her subscribers
    - so make sure that you subscribe here!!

(this will ONLY be sent out twice...on March 1st and on March 3rd!)

:beatThis is the lovely freebie you will receive if you are a subscriber::beat

09.jpg

:heartslub

Soco’s products are wonderful!
    She creates beautiful kits and collections, is one of the designers of „Memory Pockets Monthly“ AND she also offers a variety of perfect templates!

10.jpg

I love to work with her stuff and here I show you some layouts I created using her products,
    maybe this is an inspiration for you:

11.jpg

:wub Now it’s your turn… :wub

Make a page with (mostly) Designed by Soco products.
    Explore her store - it's 40% off today only! - and see what fun new goodies you find.
    Or use your own Designed by Soco stash.

Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product.
    Post your layout in the Designed by Soco gallery and share your page in this thread.

:bwaveAnd there's more fun!!!:byay

For every NEW layout you post here and in Soco's gallery, you will be entered for a random draw for 2 separate gift certificates, one for $10 and one for $6!

Very important: You have time to participate until the end of the Love our Designers event on March 16th!
    So for every NEW layout you create and post to this thread and her TLP gallery till March 16, you will receive one entry for each layout posted. Make one layout, get one entry. Make five layouts, get five entries! It's so easy!!!

:heartlubI can't wait to see all your beautiful layouts created with products by Soco!:heartlub

:yourockEnjoy this day with Soco!!!:yourock

----------

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when!
    And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!

Ga_L, Ferdy, Soco and 2 others like this.
  2. sucali

sucali sucali

Over the weekend I had a short trip to one of my favorite cities:beat:beat:beat...and the new freebie was SO perfect to scrap one of my brand-new photos!:fairydance

[​IMG]

rubygirl, Trish, tanteva and 2 others like this.
  3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I love everything Soco does, and since the creation of her first shop I follow her everywhere!
    Yesterday I thought of her when I read Cindy's instructions for Monthly Muse Week 4 Hexagons!
    Soco has a lot of Hexagon templates in her shop, each one more inspiring than the last
    and this is what I did !

[​IMG]

Vrielinkie, rubygirl, Trish and 3 others like this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@Soco, you know I love your designs and was honored to be on your creative team back in 2021. I will be back with layouts I'm sure....

sucali and Soco like this.
  5. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

It's Soco's day!! Yaaaayyyy!!!

My dear dear dear friend! I love working with your goodies, and just today as I was going through my files to convert PSD templates to TIFF I enjoyed looking back on the first freebie templates of yours. What a ride!

I really hope I can go visit you and your beautiful family again someday!

Here is my latest page with Soco's beauties

[​IMG]

Trish, sucali, Soco and 1 other person like this.
  6. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I love her clean design!
    [​IMG]

Trish, sucali and Soco like this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I had the privilege and pleasure of guesting for Soco's CT Dec-Feb. It was fun and Soco is a delight to work with. Her kits are full of pretty patterned papers and lots of wordarts, with fabulous Journal Cards packs to match. If you are a minimalist or pocket scrapper you should definitely check out her products, also check them out if you like lots of patterned papers on your pages and pretty stuff.
    I created this page with a kit I got during my guest CT spot, so this will not be eligible for the draw.
    [​IMG]
    I'll be back with another page later in the month with a kit I purchased.

sucali and Soco like this.
  8. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

9. Soco

Soco Shhhhhh. Just shhhhhh.

@sucali Thank you so much for hosting my day and putting together all this beautiful thread! :beat
    Thank you everyone for your sweet comments and love! :heartlub I'm loving so much the pages you're sharing! :wub

I just sent out my newsletter with the freebie, I hope you like it! :beat If you signed up for it after that, I'll be exceptionally sending it again tonight (my time, which is Central Europe Time) for all the new subscribers, and a last time on Friday morning (again, my time). So, you still have time to get it! :) Have fun scrapping and thank you again for all the love!

10. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

When I saw this kit in the store, I knew it was perfect to scrap a memory page for my sister. She loved bold colors, especially orange. I cannot believe she's been gone for 10 years this month. Thank you @Soco for this perfect kit to honor her!

[​IMG]

Soco and sucali like this.
  11. sucali

sucali sucali

I love to see all your layouts here:fairydance:happyhug with Soco's beautiful products!:beat

RJMJ, Soco and tanteva like this.
  12. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member

I really love Soco's products. They're so awesome, colorful and beautiful.
    [​IMG]

13. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Happy LOD Day!!! Designed By Soco!!!...I too am a lover of Soco's Designs!...I have so many templates,WA's,minis & kits...I was so happy to create a page today for Soco's LOD day!!!...I used some WA from Soco's wonderful! newsletter freebie today & I used her Silver Linings Mini Kit to complete my page!!!...I blended 2 of her papers together to get the most awesome! color to compliment the colors in my layout...My layout is all about happiness!!!...Happiness Is My Silver Lining!!!...

Credits Include :
    Favorite Words : [Today's Newsletter Gift] : Designed By Soco
    Silver Linings Mini Kit : Designed By Soco : https://the-lilypad.com/store/Silver-Linings-Mini-Kit.html

My Happiness Is My Silver Lining Layout :

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  14. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

15. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

16. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

I’m a long time fan of Soco and so happy to be on her CT. This is a page made for February scrap lift challenge, and it’s actually a scrap lift of one of Socos layouts :)

[​IMG]

17. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks again for the freebie Soco! Here's how I used it today:
    [​IMG]

18. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

YAY!!! It's Soco's DAY!!! I loved seeing all the photos of you @Soco - have you scrapped that wedding pic yet?!

Here is my LOD layout for one of my FAVES.

[​IMG]

19. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

My so just passed his permit test so how perfect to scrap it with Socos designs and freebie
    [​IMG]

Soco, Claire Grantham and sucali like this.
  20. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Using an older collab from Soco
    [​IMG]

Soco, tanteva and sucali like this.